Cyle Larin

shermanator

Some baseless speculation ...just for fun.

Perhaps the unnamed club is a 2.Bundesliga promotion candidate? 

• Stuttgart
    • Japan international playing there on loan from Saint Truiden (Belgium).
    • Belgian player Orel Mangala plays there
    • Vice Captain Mario Gomez played for Besiktas back in 2015-16
  • Arminia Bielefeld 
    • no obvious link to Belgium or Turkey
  • Hamburg

Perhaps it is Stuttgart? 

I don't see the unnamed club being in the top flight. Possible, but I doubt it. And I also don't think any of the 2.Bundesliga clubs outside of the promotion race would be in the market for him. 

Edited by Obinna

9 minutes ago, Obinna said:

• Stuttgart
  • Arminia Bielefeld 
  • Hamburg

Perhaps it is Stuttgart? 

I don't see the unnamed club being in the top flight. Possible, but I doubt it. And I also don't think any of the 2.Bundesliga clubs outside of the promotion race would be in the market for him. 

Then Stuttgart makes the most sense 

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

• Stuttgart
  • Arminia Bielefeld 
  • Hamburg

Perhaps it is Stuttgart? 

Interesting theory, maybe one of the lower level Bundesliga would consider him if the price is right. Lots of teams struggle for goals and might consider him. 

Sportsnet might be willing to show more Bundesliga matches on their “non-world” channel if more Canadians show up in the league with Phonzie.

3 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Interesting theory, maybe one of the lower level Bundesliga would consider him if the price is right. Lots of teams struggle for goals and might consider him. 

Sportsnet might be willing to show more Bundesliga matches on their “non-world” channel if more Canadians show up in the league with Phonzie.

Non World channel  Like that one

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Salary of 1.7 Euro??  I might move to Moscow for that.  

I watch quite a bit of RPL and it's decent quality football at the top half. They stream free matches on YouTube. I support Zenit but I follow most of the Russian teams in Europe as well. It wasn't a good year for Russian football in Europe but like I said the top half of the table has some quality squads 

33 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

A couple websites I looked up only show CSKA having 3 forwards. 2 of which are u20 academy players. They will more than likely be in the Europa league next season so there will be a lot of games to play. They also regularly make the championship league group stage.

Plus if he goes to CSKA he will at least get to experience Champions League football but even if he doesn't, he will get to experience Europa League football. Either way going to CSKA is a good move.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Plus if he goes to CSKA he will at least get to experience Champions League football but even if he doesn't, he will get to experience Europa League football. Either way going to CSKA is a good move.

Yes, for sure.  But in addition to that, he'll also at least get Europa experience or, if everything goes well, Champions league experience!

But thinking about it, with going to the Russian Premier League also comes racism and given everything that has been going on in the world (ie. George Floyd...but also all other incidents) it has affected the football world. Footballers now are speaking out about this very, very serious issue and Larin going to a league like Russia...thinking about it I don't know if now going there really is the best idea.

23 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

But thinking about it, with going to the Russian Premier League also comes racism and given everything that has been going on in the world (ie. George Floyd...but also all other incidents) it has affected the football world. Footballers now are speaking out about this very, very serious issue and Larin going to a league like Russia...thinking about it I don't know if now going there really is the best idea.

Not following your logic here...

If anything there probably isn't a better time to go.  These events aren't galvanizing racists.. 

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

A couple websites I looked up only show CSKA having 3 forwards. 2 of which are u20 academy players. They will more than likely be in the Europa league next season so there will be a lot of games to play. They also regularly make the championship league group stage.

Yeah I noticed that too. Very lacking on forward depth for a club of that size. Quite surprising. Larin would seem to be the big forward signing for them, so that's a chance for him to be THE guy again, a challenge he'd probably relish. 

I don't watch Russian football that often, but based on what I know the big 5 or 6 are better than MLS, with the rest at a similar level. This would be a slight step up from Belgium.

The most valuable centre forward at CSKA is Fedor Chalov, two-time capped 22 year old Russian international. He only scored 5 league goals this year (plus 1 in Europa league), but won the Golden Boot the prior campaign with 15 goals. 

Both him and Larin have spent a bit of time as second forwards, so it would be interesting to see whether they'll be rivals or playing together. Considering their lack of forward depth I would bet on the latter.