Cyle Larin

shermanator

56 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Didn't know that but Cyle going to Schalke would be huge because Schalke are what middle of the table or near bottom. If Cyle goes there, he would make them a better team.

Well Schalke are getting closer to the relegation zone but yes I agree Larin would be huge for them and in theory could be the player that help them get back to Europe.

I like the sounds of a move to Schalke.

I don't think expectations would be massive for him, coming from a mid-table Belgian team, but it sounds like there would be a real opportunity for him to grow into the player we thought he could be for Besiktas.

In other words, Schalke could be his second chance to be the main no. 9 for a big European team. 

The same is true for CSKA, of course, but I think being in the Bundesliga with Schalke has so much more potential, even without European competition. 

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Didn't know that but Cyle going to Schalke would be huge because Schalke are what middle of the table or near bottom. If Cyle goes there, he would make them a better team.

They were in contention for a spot in Europe until they started a terrible slide. They haven’t won a game since mid January.

Edited by Strait Red

8 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

They were in contention for a spot in Europe until they started a terrible slide. They haven’t won a game since mid January.

Considering they have a decent team it's surprising that they are so bad right now. They just need goals hence why I think Larin would be good for them.

Edited by Nate3322

9 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Royal Antwerp could be an option allowing him to stay in Belgium 

Considering the other teams rumoured, I think that would be a disappointment.  Probably still better than going back to Besitkas though.

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Considering the other teams rumoured, I think that would be a disappointment.  Probably still better than going back to Besitkas though.

They were strong last season and may have qualified for Europa league,  but dont know off the top of my head.

Would he be replacing Mbokani or playing with him? That is the striker who was joint goal leader with David.

Edit: they finished 4th and qualified for Europa 3rd qualifying round. This would give Larin European football. Could be a good move esp if it's a loan.

Edited by Obinna

38 minutes ago, Obinna said:

They were strong last season and may have qualified for Europa league,  but dont know off the top of my head.

Would he be replacing Mbokani or playing with him? That is the striker who was joint goal leader with David.

Edit: they finished 4th and qualified for Europa 3rd qualifying round. This would give Larin European football. Could be a good move esp if it's a loan.

Sure, it's not a bad move.  But a move to a Bundesliga team would give him tougher competition on a more regular basis.  I'd prefer that over the occasional European game, especially the Europa league. 

18 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Sure, it's not a bad move.  But a move to a Bundesliga team would give him tougher competition on a more regular basis.  I'd prefer that over the occasional European game, especially the Europa league. 

Is he good enough right now to play in the Bundesliga though? I’d rather he go somewhere that he’ll get playing time and if he performs well, can move to a top league afterwards. Let’s not forget, he had a very difficult time finding the field with Besiktas and everyone was pretty low on him not long ago. I’d rather he get playing time and stay in form than go to a top league and sit on the bench and ruin his confidence.

4 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Is he good enough right now to play in the Bundesliga though? I’d rather he go somewhere that he’ll get playing time and if he performs well, can move to a top league afterwards. Let’s not forget, he had a very difficult time finding the field with Besiktas and everyone was pretty low on him not long ago. I’d rather he get playing time and stay in form than go to a top league and sit on the bench and ruin his confidence.

I agree, he needs to go somewhere and play.  I don't see a Bundesliga side taking him on not to play him though.  The rumours seem to indicate he'd be going to more of a mid-tier side trying to push up to a Europa spot, and where he'd be being brought in to fill a need and given the opportunity to secure the spot.

49 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I agree, he needs to go somewhere and play.  I don't see a Bundesliga side taking him on not to play him though.  The rumours seem to indicate he'd be going to more of a mid-tier side trying to push up to a Europa spot, and where he'd be being brought in to fill a need and given the opportunity to secure the spot.

While I would still prefer a Bundesliga side, or even CSKA Moscow, I do think it’s is fair for us to question whether Larin is ready for Germany.  Sure, a mid-table club can sign him, but will he be the difference maker, or will he struggle? The Royal Antwerp move is safer and pretty much guarantees he continues his development. A Bundesliga move is relatively more risky. Hard to say what is best for him.

Edited by Obinna

17 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

Ive always said Larin should go were he can get playing time  if he stays in Belguim then so be it   

Right on.  Everyone is so excited to see guys move on.  After a few years or his carer backsliding, Larin has found a good spot and is doing well...and everyone is clambering for him to move on.  If he stays and has another productive year, that isnt the worst thing that can happen to him.  I think the same for David, but I can see the point that David really is head and shoulders above the level of the league and would have to move to challenge himself and grow into a super star.  

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Every time I watch Josh Sargent play, I can't figure out how he was signed by a  Bundesliga team. He works his ass off and W.B.will probably be relegated but he gets consistent minutes....perhaps Cyle can play in B1?

Is that the Shermanator?

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Right on.  Everyone is so excited to see guys move on.  After a few years or his carer backsliding, Larin has found a good spot and is doing well...and everyone is clambering for him to move on.  If he stays and has another productive year, that isnt the worst thing that can happen to him.  I think the same for David, but I can see the point that David really is head and shoulders above the level of the league and would have to move to challenge himself and grow into a super star.  

Bison 44 I have a feeling we will not see a lot transfers in European Soccer this year due to lack of funds because of the COVID.

2 hours ago, RS said:

Tyler Adams is the real deal.

On the half dozen, or so, times I've sat down to watch RB Leipzig matches, he's almost always been injured. He also missed the USA matches against us. Does he have durability issues?

I only watched the ginger dude against us and saw nothing to suggest he was any good. McKennie looks decent, but seems to have a short fuse when things don't go his way. If I were playing against him, I'd be targeting him to get him sent off every time. 

Who else do they have in the Bundesliga?

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

On the half dozen, or so, times I've sat down to watch RB Leipzig matches, he's almost always been injured. He also missed the USA matches against us. Does he have durability issues?

I only watched the ginger dude against us and saw nothing to suggest he was any good. McKennie looks decent, but seems to have a short fuse when things don't go his way. If I were playing against him, I'd be targeting him to get him sent off every time. 

Who else do they have in the Bundesliga?

In the Bundesliga they also have John Brooks, Alfredo Morales, Timothy Chandler, Fabian Johnson, Zack Steffen and Gio Reyna

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Seems like it, which is unfortunate for him because he's only a year older than Davies and is already showing a pattern of injury.