Cyle Larin

shermanator

12 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Cyle Larin to CSKA Moscow and playing in Russia is actually pretty damn good...Russian league football is actually pretty good...in fact it is just as good as German, Italian, French, Spanish or English football

Some people suspect your a Russian troll. You might have just accidentally blown your cover with that comment lol

Edited by SpursFlu

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

CSKA is a pretty storied franchise in Russia and the level of play is pretty good.  He would be regularly playing in Champions League which is always good.

It’s weird that they’re going after him, seemed to come out of know where.

For that kind of salary- why not right?  I hope it works out.

The more I think about it the more I like it.

Their forward depth seems to suck, so he should get plenty of time, but their midfield and defense looks very capable, so he should hopefully get good service. 

Factor in the European football and the paycheck and I think it's a good offer for him, I believe.

Right now he is a Besiktas player, so trading Turkey for Russia and playing for CSKA would essentially be a lateral move, except with a ton of upside. Larin is not getting ahead of Yilmaz or Yalcin, that's for sure. 

Players seem to move back and forth between Russia and Turkey. Vangor Love played for years at CSKA before his time with Besiktas and Alanyaspor. Emmanual Eminieke traded Fenerbahce for Spartak Moscow.  Aras Ozbillz went from Spartak to Besiktas. I am sure there are many more examples. Maybe Larin will be the latest in a long line of forwards leaving behind Turkey for Russia.

Edited by Obinna

49 minutes ago, Floortom said:

CKSA is a very good club but this would be a tough place for a young (black) male to play. Hope he could maintain his focus and drive 

Some players have had issues, others have not (or at least have not spoke about it publicly). Russia has that reputation, as does Italy and Spain and other places. Whether or not such places are tough depends on the individual's mindset, so if he can maintain his focus and drive when and if he is confronted with such things, I am sure he would be perfectly fine.

I don't know him personally whatsoever, but I follow Larin on social media and he seems to have matured significantly. I think he is ready for this move and all the potential challenges that may come with it.

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Whether or not such places are tough depends on the individual's mindset, so if he can maintain his focus and drive when and if he is confronted with such things

Yes... totally... that's the answer. Genius! Black players should just toughen up when faced with blatant racism. It's totally their choice to get offended.

Edited by LeoH037
meant to quote

10 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Yes... totally... that's the answer. Genius! Black players should just toughen up when faced with blatant racism. It's totally their choice to get offended.

It has worked for me when I have encountered racism in my life. Every time someone has exhibited racism towards me, the problem was not me, it was them. It is their problem, not mine. That is why I do not get offended by it, or at least I try not to get offended by it. It is not always easy.

Edited by Obinna

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It has worked for me when I have encountered racism in my life. Every time someone has exhibited racism towards me, the problem was not me, it was them. It is their problem, not mine. That is why I do not get offended by it, or at least I try not to get offended by it. It is not always easy.

That's your reaction sure, and you can have it because you are a free person and can do w.e. you want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's freedom. You are also entitled to be outraged by it. But it doesn't mean you get to decide how other people should react, because emotional responses are personal.

3 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

That's your reaction sure, and you can have it because you are a free person and can do w.e. you want as long as it doesn't infringe on someone else's freedom. You are also entitled to be outraged by it. But it doesn't mean you get to decide how other people should react, because emotional responses are personal.

No argument from me on that. You are absolutely correct. Outrage is understandable because it is an ugly thing we are talking about.

I generally find that outrage doesn't serve me, but not everyone has that perspective nor do we all have the ability or tools to resist those emotional responses, even if we wanted to. 

If Larin cannot deal with those things it may not be in his best interest to go there. Soccer-wise though I think it may be a good fit, plus he will be getting paid.

Edited by Obinna

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

If Larin cannot deal with those things it may not be in his best interest to go there. Soccer-wise though I think it may be a good fit, plus he will be getting paid.

That's the fundamental issue here, Larin, nor anyone, shouldn't even have to deal with such things to begin with, but alas that's the predicament modern society finds itself in now. I agree that it would be good for him soccer and career wise, but that's beyond the point.

10 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

That's the fundamental issue here, Larin, nor anyone, shouldn't even have to deal with such things to begin with, but alas that's the predicament modern society finds itself in now. I agree that it would be good for him soccer and career wise, but that's beyond the point.

Genius!

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

I don’t think that anyone here is arguing that racism is ok.  The point was just that in a challenging environment, his own ability to deal with that sort of BS could be a big contributing factor to his possible success. 

40 minutes ago, jordan said:

I could see Hamburg or Stuttgart trying to sign him if they're promoted, Hertha Berlin as a backup to Piatek, Schalke cause they desperately need a striker, and maybe Freiburg or Bremen if they can afford him and if they aren't relegated. 

Edited by Nate3322

53 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

I could see Hamburg or Stuttgart trying to sign him if they're promoted, Hertha Berlin as a backup to Piatek, Schalke cause they desperately need a striker, and maybe Freiburg or Bremen if they can afford him and if they aren't relegated. 

Freiburg currently sits 8th, they aren’t getting relegated. Union Berlin or Koln might be choices as well. He could end up at any club in the bottom half of the table, they are all goal starved.

38 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Freiburg currently sits 8th, they aren’t getting relegated. Union Berlin or Koln might be choices as well. He could end up at any club in the bottom half of the table, they are all goal starved.

Freiburg likely won't be relegated but wages and transfer free may be a problem, Union Berlin I doubt as they don't have the money to afford him, Koln they are a bit front heavy Cordoba, Modeste and Terodde plus Uth if they keep him. If Koln unload some of those strikers maybe. Wolfsburg would be possible too if Weghorst or Ginczek leave

35 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I believe Larin currently earns 1.9m euro. It will be a problem to earn that in Germany unless he lands at a top club. From this perspective, Russia makes sense. Although so does England. I'd try to hold out for the latter.

I assumed he was getting way less than that, Hutch only gets 1mil euro.  So it would actually be a pay cut to come to russia.  Hmmmm...

Saido Berahino, who was Larin's teammate at Zlute Waragem, is being linked with a move to Rangers or Celtic. 

Even if there was a small chance of Cyle returning, this would seem to cast doubt on it. 

They simply can't afford any expensive players at the moment. The are really hurting financially and are selling what they can.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:23 AM, Bison44 said:

I assumed he was getting way less than that, Hutch only gets 1mil euro.  So it would actually be a pay cut to come to russia.  Hmmmm...

Right you are, and that is something that always got me: Hutch being one of the worst paid veterans on that team. 

I think we saw what he was offered at Besiktas as salary, but I don't recall. Perhaps it was like half a million euros, since he was coming from something like 190 thousand guaranteed at Orlando. Besiktas still has not gotten their investment back, reports said that they paid 2.3 million dollars to get him, 2 million euros basically.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, Nate3322 said:

Schalke for Larin actually would be surprising but I wouldn't mind it

53 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Schalke for Larin actually would be surprising but I wouldn't mind it

I think it would be a good move as they desperately need a competent striker cause their two highest goal scorers are midfielders and their 6 strikers have only scored a combined 9 goals this season

Edited by Nate3322

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

I think it would be a good move as they desperately need a competent striker cause their two highest goal scorers are midfielders and their 6 strikers have only scored a combined 9 goals this season

Didn't know that but Cyle going to Schalke would be huge because Schalke are what middle of the table or near bottom. If Cyle goes there, he would make them a better team.