Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

Guess it depends if Whitecaps pick him up on the cheap. That will depend on Egbo, Bair and the new draftee. Even on the cheap its probably far more than a CPL contract. I think him being in camp is a sign they will pick him up if their is roster room. 

I think Ricketts would deliver though in the CPL, wouldn't be too worried about him being REB#2. He is twice the player and still in good shape.  He would be a fantastic addition to any team in the league. Replacing Campbell at Pacific might be an option too.

Talking of REB, I was gutted that didn't work out but not as gutted as Boakai going the same way.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Guess it depends if Whitecaps pick him up on the cheap. That will depend on Egbo, Bair and the new draftee. Even on the cheap its probably far more than a CPL contract. I think him being in camp is a sign they will pick him up if their is roster room. 

I think Ricketts would deliver though in the CPL, wouldn't be too worried about him being REB#2. He is twice the player and still in good shape.  He would be a fantastic addition to any team in the league. Replacing Campbell at Pacific might be an option too.

Talking of REB, I was gutted that didn't work out but not as gutted as Boakai going the same way.

Tbf, Edwini-Bonsu was not even 30 when he signed for FCE and came in from a team who at the time were playing in the 6th tier of German football. Ricketts has been playing at a higher level and is like 6 years older than REB was.  Unlike say a DeJong, Ricketts doesn't seem injury prone, and could probably cut it at the CanPL level for a few seasons. Dude seems more in the Occean frame when it cones to his natural fitness.

Although, if Ricketts isn't signed by VWFC for the season ahead, he could probably make more cash doing a season in a top Scandanavian or a Baltic league before signing in the CanPl.  Depends if he would rather be near home or not.

16 hours ago, Big_M said:

schuster said theres already an agreement with ricketts to stay at the club long term as an employee...now the question is if he will keep playing this year...training with them for now

Correct. I believe Ricketts just got his degree/diploma in Sports Management and has been planning his post playing career for the last little while.

3 hours ago, masster said:

Correct. I believe Ricketts just got his degree/diploma in Sports Management and has been planning his post playing career for the last little while.

He hasn't lived in Edmonton since 06/07. His parents are here and they have well known Jamaican restaurant.  

Sucks it seemed like Hanson career has ended 

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Might be a possibility for CanPL. If you want to turn PR status into citizenship as quickly as possible, it is better to stay in the country.

This guy always seemed to be having fun. He would be a good fit in HFX, and would have a blast playing in front of the kitchen.

His salary last year was 100k, so I imagine he’ll be feeling out his options first 

9 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

This guy always seemed to be having fun. He would be a good fit in HFX, and would have a blast playing in front of the kitchen.

His salary last year was 100k, so I imagine he’ll be feeling out his options first 

I feel like that salary is in reach for Forge, where they've lost Babouli. There has to be some backroom salary bump ups with the continental competitions too. Halifax might have too much tied up in Morelli and Daniels; maybe Schaale and JGL too. 

15 minutes ago, HfxCeltic said:

I feel like that salary is in reach for Forge, where they've lost Babouli. There has to be some backroom salary bump ups with the continental competitions too. Halifax might have too much tied up in Morelli and Daniels; maybe Schaale and JGL too. 

Alternatively with all of the losses at Pacific, surely there is some room for spending.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, yothat2 said:

He hasn't lived in Edmonton since 06/07. His parents are here and they have well known Jamaican restaurant.  

Sucks it seemed like Hanson career has ended 

What is considered a good Baltic League, I remember when he went to Lithuania following his departure from TFC and he found his scoring touch there with 10 goals in 20 appearances with Suduva. Not sure where Lithuania falls in terms of quality? Plus what is a good Baltic League? 

On 2/19/2022 at 6:55 AM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

With MLS opening next weekend, teams will have to be roster compliant before their first game, hopefully will see some CPL loan announcements this week.   Both Montreal and Vancouver are over the roster limit of 30.

TFC still has to figure out what to do with Luke Singh. Pacific had announced that he was coming on loan for the 2022 season only to bail on bringing him in. My question would be is how interchangeable is the top Canadian CPL talent with the end of the bench types in MLS? The same could be when another of talent moves between CPL and one of the D3 leagues like L1O. 

6 hours ago, Cblake said:

What is considered a good Baltic League, I remember when he went to Lithuania following his departure from TFC and he found his scoring touch there with 10 goals in 20 appearances with Suduva. Not sure where Lithuania falls in terms of quality? Plus what is a good Baltic League? 

Ballpark - UEFA coefficient currently has them as the 34th best league in Europe. Best of the former-Soviet Baltic countries.