Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Totally random but I'd love a team take a punt on Raphael Leai'i from the Solomon Islands. He's like a God in their league and had had trials at a bunch of places. Could be a fun project here.

YUP that's the name that's always in my head too. I think a lot of his issue has been visa problems, killed some opportunities in Australia and Turkey for him from what I understand. That's the big hesitancy, but I love the idea of poaching from those obscure nations. He's a layup though, scouting a lot of those leagues would be difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that Edmonton is out for 2023, where does everyone see the as a CPL landing spot for Luke Singh on a loan? Pretty sure TFC will be looking for one as he is still on the books there. It was kid of weird last year how he was initially announced as going to Pacific on loan and then it flipped to Edmonton. 

This may sound a little harsh but is it a given that another CanPL club is actually going to want to take Luke Singh on a loan after how he played last summer in Edmonton? Normally that wouldn't be a question with players on a multi-year contract with an MLS club but think it might be in his case after what happened with Pacific. He's a prime candidate for a contract buyout given he's only around at this point because of decisions made before Bob Bradley arrived. AFAIA MLS clubs can do one of those each offseason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...