Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

15 hours ago, Ansem said:

The Club will not exercise its option for goalkeeper Sebastian Breza (option to purchase), defenders Mustafa Kizza, Aljaz “Kiki” Struna, midfielders Jean-Yves Ballou Tabla, Clément Bayiha, Tomas Giraldo, and Emanuel Maciel.

Giraldo may not be done in MTL…

I think Ballou is a pipe dream, and Bayiha should be able to find Atleast USL money 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

A lot of the teams are just closing up their USL teams and joining this league so I don't think it will be too big a deal.

True, but the Whitecaps now have 2 teams (L1BC and MLS Next Pro) to put their young players

So less players for Pacific FC?

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

Vancouver sort of already had an U-23 team. Just with no where to play.

The funny thing is Montreal are pushing to loan even more players to CPL.

You can't beat 1st club minutes. If loaning players to CPL does better for player's development at a much cheaper price than pouring cash in a money pit that might not not produce the same result, than their reasoning is sound.

We all know that TFC II have graduated so many talents to the 1st club thanks to USL-One...oh wait...

• 3 weeks later...

Tosaint Ricketts is trialling with the Whitecaps but not under contract. While I think he can still offer some value as a sub in the MLS, I wonder if this falls through whether the CPL would be an option.

He's been abroad frequently throughout his career, but I wonder if going home to settle down in Edmonton could work. Although I will admit, that signing has Randy Edwini-Bonsu v2 written all over it.