Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

Northern Tribune don't add very much on this one beyond stating the obvious but the effort they put in is something that should be supported:

Probably a case of being rated by MDS but the new guy Sartini having other ideas on who he wants to have around. Wanting him out the door rather than loaned to the Next Pro team they now have at Swangard is a bit drastic with a player this age. FCE maybe the prime candidates given how far along most teams are already on assembling rosters?

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Sounds like the Whitecaps are getting ready to loan out Campagna. Not sure if it's a CPL destination or not.

There was mention of a loan being announced at the weekend but didn't see one. Habibullah is expected to go out somewhere too maybe we will hear about both this week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guess this is the best place to put this: 

With 2 weeks to opening weekend, here is the roster status of all teams:

HFX: Spots Open (3) Need a U21 (1) All International spots taken.

ATO: Spots Open(3) Need a U21 (1)  5 International spots taken.

York: Spots Open (1) All International spots taken.

Forge: Complete 3 International spots taken.

Valour: Spots Open (2) 5 International spots taken.

Cavalry: Spots Open (1) Need a U21 (1) 5 International spots taken.

FC Edmonton: Spots Open (10) 2 International spots taken.

Pacific: Spots Open (1) 5 International spots taken.

1 hour ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Guess this is the best place to put this: 

With 2 weeks to opening weekend, here is the roster status of all teams:

HFX: Spots Open (3) Need a U21 (1) All International spots taken.

ATO: Spots Open(3) Need a U21 (1)  5 International spots taken.

York: Spots Open (1) All International spots taken.

Forge: Complete 3 International spots taken.

Valour: Spots Open (2) 5 International spots taken.

Cavalry: Spots Open (1) Need a U21 (1) 5 International spots taken.

FC Edmonton: Spots Open (10) 2 International spots taken.

Pacific: Spots Open (1) 5 International spots taken.

Interesting not all the international spots being taken 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jordan Hamilton has left League of Ireland club Sligo Rovers after a pretty uneventful time in the Irish Premier Division.  His career has drifted off and has never reached anywhere near his early potential.  A move to the CanPL could be what he needs to help rejuvenate his career. Obviously wouldn't be the coup signing it would have been a couple years back.

On 7/9/2022 at 3:49 AM, StillOnFire said:

Jordan Hamilton has left League of Ireland club Sligo Rovers after a pretty uneventful time in the Irish Premier Division.  His career has drifted off and has never reached anywhere near his early potential.  A move to the CanPL could be what he needs to help rejuvenate his career. Obviously wouldn't be the coup signing it would have been a couple years back.

Ottawa needs a goal scorer bad

10 hours ago, jordan said:

Ottawa needs a goal scorer bad

As a York fan, I can tell you a couple of teams could use a goalscorer right now.  However, I'm just not entirely convinced Hamilton is the answer though, but he's definitely worth a gamble depending on his wage demands...

5 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

As a York fan, I can tell you a couple of teams could use a goalscorer right now.  However, I'm just not entirely convinced Hamilton is the answer though, but he's definitely worth a gamble depending on his wage demands...

His ability to get in the right place and score with his first touch when Indy applied pressure was good, also good hold up play, at Sligo the goals were headers. He’s 26, has not played a lot in the last few years so maybe some time closer to home would offer some consistency.

I'd like to think the CPL can keep making gradual steps forward salary cap wise to be able to afford next step players. Much of the list above are step too far players imo that can get better contracts elsewhere.

The CPL and clubs need more bums in seats and more exposure to get there imo. 

Looks like there will be a few players from TFC/Caps/Montreal that will eventually be available and possibly open to CPL if the wages are acceptable. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

I'd like to think the CPL can keep making gradual steps forward salary cap wise to be able to afford next step players. Much of the list above are step too far players imo that can get better contracts elsewhere.

The CPL and clubs need more bums in seats and more exposure to get there imo. 

Looks like there will be a few players from TFC/Caps/Montreal that will eventually be available and possibly open to CPL if the wages are acceptable. 

I get the more money piece but I find so many players career abroad comes with so much uncertainty, stops and starts, lack of playing time. Coming to the CPL feels like more playing time, certainty, exposure. There is some upside mainly just playing week in week out