Liam Millar

Northvansteve

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Sheffield, Burnley, Preston, and Sunderland, along with “teams in Europe” are reportedly interested:

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-burnley-sheffield-united-transfer-news-rumours-liverpool-fc-basel-liam-millar-4636639

I just hope he goes somewhere that a) suits his preferred role and playing style and b) where he will continue to be an expected starter

2 hours ago, nolando said:

I just hope he goes somewhere that a) suits his preferred role and playing style and b) where he will continue to be an expected starter

Millar to Sheffield would be my preference 

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Doesn't Koleosho play on the right side? Or am I mis-remembering?

He should play on the right side, but they've old fashioned coaching at Burnley, they don't believe in inverted wingers. 

I don't know what his Basel salary is, if it is going to be another loan, but it must be accessible for this level of team suggested. Guessing half a million euros?

Or maybe Basel would unload now for a reasonable fee if he's not going to be part of their rebuild. Otherwise he leaves free next summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Took a bit to settle and still needs work some of the time on final balls.  But absolutely key on that defensive side and another who did no harm to a future transfer yesterday. 

It's his two-way game with his help defensively that has made him a key part of this program.  They say heart and work ethic cannot be coached.  He's got so much of both.  

20 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Talent gets you to the door character carries you through it… 

Hes always been team first, heart on his sleeve ,work horse player maybe not the most technical all the time but makes up for any short comings with work rate and passion.. so proud of him..

Sorry man, but you forgot soccer IQ. 

If he does make a mistake, he knows it and owns it, he immediately tries to fix it.  He doesn't sulk and kick dirt.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is the team headed to Toronto?

Just a few of the local guys were presumably to go home for a bit. They’ll be back in camp in a few days save for maybe a few MLS guys (they were unsure of whether Herdman would release Laryea/Osorio early) 

Ugbo and LDF were headed back to the UK. 

6 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Spoke with a member of Marsch’s staff at the airport. Had a pretty in depth conversation but I’ll just say he is expected to be a key player for us. 

Good. Many of us have been crying out for years that he needs a bigger role in this national team. Always felt strange to me that he was (almost) always one of the substitutes under Herdman. 

I think it was a product of the formation in a back 3 under Herdman with wingbacks it’s always going to be Davies. Different With a 4222 or 433 
if you watched the most recent onesoccer thing they talked about how Tajon out of possession moved into a front 3 and Liam dropping more centrally into midfield to make up more numbers with Kone and staq so we defended with a core of 7 which work quite well. Happy for any opportunity… and so is he!! 

Edited by spitfire

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

I think it was a product of the formation in a back 3 under Herdman with wingbacks it’s always going to be Davies. Different With a 4222 or 433 
if you watched the most recent onesoccer thing they talked about how Tajon out of possession moved into a front 3 and Liam dropping more centrally into midfield to make up more numbers with Kone and staq so we defended with a core of 7 which work quite well. Happy for any opportunity… and so is he!! 

One of the things that is giving Liam the inside track is his upbringing at Liverpool. The coach in question played me a couple clips from the match and you could see the difference between how he pressed vs. Tajon who is learning the system still. 

The staff is very impressed with our squad and happy with the work they’re putting in. This time before Copa will be crucial to work out some of the kinks. 

38 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Per his Instagram, Choinière went to South Florida to watch the Stanley Cup final.

No idea. Pre-Copa camp in the USA I'd imagine?

I believe during the France game they said our camp is in Atlanta, which is where our first game is? Crepeau said in an interview that they get 3 days off and then they’re back with the team. Guessing they report this Thursday or Friday. Would make sense having the camp there if not for the reason that I’m pretty sure there’s a direct flight to Atlanta from pretty much every major city in the world, or at least the ones we have players going back to. 

Edited by InglewoodJack