Ballou Tabla

shermanator

bored decided to check what he follows on instagram and twitter. followed csa before he followed fifci on twitter and he doesn't follow fifci on instagram but does follow the csa. 

just gonna say if we're basing thing off of his social media then this should be noted.

Edited by matty

Honestly, the fact that we're even having this debate shows both that Tabla is most likely a lost cause, and that we really overthink the tiniest details that show that a player might be a lost cause. 

Until I see Tabla's name on either a Canadian senior team roster, or an Ivory Coast roster, I'm just not going to worry about it. Even if he's cap-tied, he may not be committed to the program. Why worry about it for the next 15-20 years?

25 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

If we're looking at social media, look at the flags on Bernardellos post representing everyone in the pics nationality. Tabla is the only Ivorian in the pic and the flag is there. I think they know something. 

IMG_1799.PNG

He also rocks Nike online despite being sponsored by Adidas.

Can we put this to rest for a while cause it's really annoying. He was born in the Ivory Coast and has a love of it and also has said he feels at home playing in Montreal. I think it's safe to say that while this isn't a settled issue, there's not a lot currently to this paranoia.

He's not on their youth sides and is years away from reaching their national team (unless he's way better than MLS right off the bat and moves to a European top flight before he's in his 20s).

6 minutes ago, thundercaps fan said:

Even if he is years away from making the Ivorian team it doesn't mean he'll play for Canada in the meantime. I think Tabla will just turn down call ups just like Hoilett did, which is not good for us.

I'm somewhat doubtful of that because of his youth involvement and the fact he was trained and grew up in Canada. Also is this guy the second coming or something? I get he's highly rated and the best Quebec talent Biello has seen but he's 17, a fuck ton could happen.

4 minutes ago, matty said:

I'm somewhat doubtful of that because of his youth involvement and the fact he was trained and grew up in Canada. Also is this guy the second coming or something? I get he's highly rated and the best Quebec talent Biello has seen but he's 17, a fuck ton could happen.

Yeah you are right, a lot could change from now. I was just stating what I think is going to happen, but I don't have any inside information or anything.

1 hour ago, matty said:

He also rocks Nike online despite being sponsored by Adidas.

Can we put this to rest for a while cause it's really annoying. He was born in the Ivory Coast and has a love of it and also has said he feels at home playing in Montreal. I think it's safe to say that while this isn't a settled issue, there's not a lot currently to this paranoia.

He's not on their youth sides and is years away from reaching their national team (unless he's way better than MLS right off the bat and moves to a European top flight before he's in his 20s).

I was just adding fuel to the fire hahaha. The only thing we can do is wait and see what he decides. Nothing is set in stone until we see him on a roster again.

14 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

If we're looking at social media, look at the flags on Bernardellos post representing everyone in the pics nationality. Tabla is the only Ivorian in the pic and the flag is there. I think they know something. 

IMG_1799.PNG

This is ridiculous. They know he was born in the Ivory Coast and their post would look better with the maximum number of flags they could put in to show the diversity in the pic. That is all. You could also look at this and say "Canada flag is first! He loves Canada more!!!", but that would also be stupid.

And regardless of what happens on facesnapfeedagram, we probably should refrain from tearing him a new one on the basis of speculation.  Assuming he may read this thread occasionally, reading posts where people essentially give up on him and dismiss him as a lost cause probably won't help us in the long run. 

If this makes anyone happy. Davies was in mlssoccer.coms top 10 young players to watch. Tabla wasn't there. Glass half full?

5 hours ago, Kent said:

This is ridiculous. They know he was born in the Ivory Coast and their post would look better with the maximum number of flags they could put in to show the diversity in the pic. That is all. You could also look at this and say "Canada flag is first! He loves Canada more!!!", but that would also be stupid.

As I've already responded, I was just adding to the fire that was reading too hard into the social media and I believe we must wait until he's on any rosters before judging his situation.

Was there any official statement towards why he skipped the u20? If there wasn't i think it would be stupid for them not to make a clear statement towards why he skipped unless he wants to change countries

6 hours ago, canta15 said:

Was there any official statement towards why he skipped the u20? If there wasn't i think it would be stupid for them not to make a clear statement towards why he skipped unless he wants to change countries

The reason given was Hoilett's old mantra. "Focusing on club".

I think in this case if "focusing on club" was Tabla's reason for not coming out for the U20 team, then that is a good enough reason. He has the chance to lock down a professional contract and a chance to get playing time on an MLS club that he has worked hard to be a part of. If he was not present for some of the Impact training camp, then he could lose his chance to impress the coaching staff.

• 2 weeks later...