Ballou Tabla

shermanator

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I honestly think that getting him to accept any cap tying call up would be tough at this point. He seems set on playing for Cote d'Ivoire. On top of what he's already said and done, he's posted two Instagram stories about it. One was him holding Oyongo's CAF medal with a caption basically saying "one day" and another was today of what seemed to be Cote d'Ivoire's national anthem. 

23 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I honestly think that getting him to accept any cap tying call up would be tough at this point. He seems set on playing for Cote d'Ivoire. On top of what he's already said and done, he's posted two Instagram stories about it. One was him holding Oyongo's CAF medal with a caption basically saying "one day" and another was today of what seemed to be Cote d'Ivoire's national anthem. 

I'm glad you're not allergic to the truth.

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

check his Instagram....and didn't see any of this...

I think if he gets substantial minutes with MTL we call him up for the gold cup...(if he accepts)

That goes for every player basically...if your playing for your club team, you should get the call up on that alone....because we have a lot of players who are the same, and for me it comes down to who's consitently playing.

30 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

The Impact's youtube channel has a vlog series following training camp, and he seems to be doing well. Check him out at 3:49

.Also, here's a screenshot of what I was talking about.

download.thumb.jpg.d36e1469c4d81386681c9b6fd1e33f37.jpg

I mean this one could merely be pride in his birth country, but the Oyongo thing with the "one day" caption is tougher to explain away.

I support West Ham, and a few months before the January window on the supporters forum, many were referring to cryptic posts and likes from Payet on Instagram that referred to vague ideas about him wanting to return to France. Most people shot them down as wacky theories and said things like 'who cares about what happens on social media' and so on and so forth. What happened less than a few months later? He makes a Pepe Le Pew stink and wants to leave back to France.

Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. Sadly - much like Payet - I think this is one of those cases. 

11 minutes ago, kingvikingstad said:

I support West Ham, and a few months before the January window on the supporters forum, many were referring to cryptic posts and likes from Payet on Instagram that referred to vague ideas about him wanting to return to France. Most people shot them down as wacky theories and said things like 'who cares about what happens on social media' and so on and so forth. What happened less than a few months later? He makes a Pepe Le Pew stink and wants to leave back to France.

Sometimes where there's smoke, there's fire. Sadly - much like Payet - I think this is one of those cases. 

I don't think there is any question that Tabla has his heart set on playing for IC personally. There has been way too much fire, as you put it, to think otherwise. Still I don't see IC having any interest in him at this point. 

i know people always downplay the act of cap tying these kids, but I would do it ASAP with Tabla as the upside significantly outweighs the downside.

We have to remember that Tabla and Cote d'Ivoire's Drogba were close during his tenure. Drogba seems to have thought highly of him so who knows what he's said to Cote d'Ivoire's soccer federation. I say at the very least, Tabla is on their radar. If they come calling, I think he accepts it. If they don't, then he considers Canada. 

Edited by Chad_Impact