Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Have you seen his name on any rosters for Canada or Ivory Coast? No? Then there's no update...

Actually my buddy is best friends with Tabla. Said he is playing for the Ivory Coast in their next WCQs. Close this thread down mods

/s

14 hours ago, canta15 said:

Actually my buddy is best friends with Tabla. Said he is playing for the Ivory Coast in their next WCQs. Close this thread down mods

/s

If that's the case I'm putting the evil eye on him.Just like I did with the other traitors.

Not to defame Tabla but who would he displace in the Ivory Coast WCQ team?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_Coast_national_football_team#Current_squad

Simply looking at the team's call-ups and recent call-ups would suggests it would be tough for him to warrant a call given his lack of first team experience.  Maybe he's being called into a youth camp (if true).

I have a technical question:

The new Canadian MLS rule reads as follows:

Canadian players that qualify as a Homegrown Player as a member of an MLS club academy or that have met similar requirements as a member of a Canadian Approved Youth Club will count as a domestic player for all MLS clubs, provided that:

• The player became a member of an MLS club academy or Canadian Approved Youth Club in the year prior to the year in which he turns 16;

If Tabla did select to join the Ivory Coast, does he then cease to be Canadian and hence eligible for domestic status across the American MLS teams? Or is he still Canadian, still a homegrown, and still domestic?

Where's Dino?

3 minutes ago, DigzTFC said:

I have a technical question:

The new Canadian MLS rule reads as follows:

Canadian players that qualify as a Homegrown Player as a member of an MLS club academy or that have met similar requirements as a member of a Canadian Approved Youth Club will count as a domestic player for all MLS clubs, provided that:

• The player became a member of an MLS club academy or Canadian Approved Youth Club in the year prior to the year in which he turns 16;

If Tabla did select to join the Ivory Coast, does he then cease to be Canadian and hence eligible for domestic status across the American MLS teams? Or is he still Canadian, still a homegrown, and still domestic?

Where's Dino?

Where is it mentioned that you have to play for Canada? The new rules have nothing that much different. The only place where a player choosing to play for another country not named Canada would be affected is on a V's Cup starting XI or playing for a USL reserve team.

8 minutes ago, jordan said:

Check this out

I wouldn't read to far into it. Mls often use birth place to rep a player's nationality if they are not capped at the senior level. Mo babouli had a uea flag on his bio all of last season.

Edited by matty

I know some people don't like the idea of bringing young players to a tournament just to cap them but I think with him if he wants to attend Gold Cup we play him vs French Guiana. Instead of brining an older depth play that probably won't play. Good experience and he's shown that he's not scared to play with the first team (Small sample size but still)

2 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I know some people don't like the idea of bringing young players to a tournament just to cap them but I think with him if he wants to attend Gold Cup we play him vs French Guiana. Instead of brining an older depth play that probably won't play. Good experience and he's shown that he's not scared to play with the first team (Small sample size but still)

Would that game even cap tie him?

2 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I know some people don't like the idea of bringing young players to a tournament just to cap them but I think with him if he wants to attend Gold Cup we play him vs French Guiana.

In that scenario they shouldn't get too upset.

I agree that I thought Bava should have had the Tabla goal. Should have been stopped.As for Tabla's play in his first MLS start, thought he played well. Did not look out of place, on the pitch, but wasn't particularly spectacular.

You can see the talent in attack, but his consistency within the game was lacking. To be expected with an 18 year old IMO. Outside of the goal, he had some nice forays in the Fire box, made a nice cross that should have been a goal in the first half, and made a nice defensive tackle right before his goal in the second half. Often I thought he looked lazy going forward in support of Mancosu or Salazar, and failed to join the rush while walking up the pitch.