Ballou Tabla

shermanator

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

If it's a Gold Cup game then yes it would cap-tie him

It's against a nonfifa opponent and doesn't factor into our ranking. Someone should look into if it would legit cap tie guys

Edited by matty

16 minutes ago, Floortom said:

If Tabla regularly plays for his club in MLS this year then yes he is good enough to feature with us (and not just against minnows like French Guinea).  Who are the star wingers we have playing ahead of him exactly?

Hoilett and Arfield (well it depends what position he plays)

27 minutes ago, Floortom said:

If Tabla regularly plays for his club in MLS this year then yes he is good enough to feature with us (and not just against minnows like French Guinea).  Who are the star wingers we have playing ahead of him exactly?

Playing regularly in MLS puts him in the conversation, but it definitely doesn't entitle him to a spot. 

He's behind Junior and Tesho out on the left wing and arguably Petrasso. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Playing regularly in MLS puts him in the conversation, but it definitely doesn't entitle him to a spot. 

He's behind Junior and Tesho out on the left wing and arguably Petrasso. 

Junior yes

tesho I don't like on the wing but we seem to play him there. Let's see what Zambrano does.

petrasso hasn't played a club match in one year now. If that continues, and I'm pretty sure it will, I see no reason to call him at all

Edited by Floortom

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Often I thought he looked lazy going forward in support of Mancosu or Salazar, and failed to join the rush while walking up the pitch. 

That was only at the end of the match when his energy levels weren't there anymore. He was quite high up the pitch for the first 63 minutes.

C8W9IfSXkAAaaFk.jpg

Zambrano on Tabla: 

http://www.rds.ca/tele/loin-de-s-en-foot

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/octavio-zambrano-veut-convaincre-ballou-et-patrice-bernier-n-est-pas-trop-vieux-selon-lui-1.4442394

We need to bring him witht he senior program immediately. We can't wait anymore. Ballou and other players are ready to join this program.

On the possibility of Ivory Coast and Drogba's role in that: "I respect everyone  including Mister Drogba, but Canada was the country that gave him the chance to excel and have success. I don't want to into details, but I'll sit with him and give him my opinion. Yes, he has Ivorian origins that you can't ignore, but when you find a home like he found it in Canada, he must watch what are the best option better for him.

Also:

"I don't want to pressure him, but I want to give him my opinion and give him the things that he needs to considre in choosing for Canada or not. I think that he has a golden opportunity to play for Canada and this opportunity probably wouldn't be given to him. In my opinion, it's much more advantageous for him to play for Canada."

(To be fair I translated the second link that talks about Tabla but if you listen "LDSF Semaine 8", you'll be able to listen an interview between Zambrano with Olivier Brett and Patrick Leduc and you don't need to speak French to understand since the interview is done in English. ) 

I like this idea of having a frank conversation with him (and anyone else with options) and really put the decision to him.  Let him know he is wanted, and viewed as part of the project that is Canadian footy, and at least get it out there.  If he refuses, then so be it - but it won't be due to lack of effort or opportunity.  And if he does accept the call, then get him on the field and make it official ASAP. 

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I like this idea of having a frank conversation with him (and anyone else with options) and really put the decision to him.  Let him know he is wanted, and viewed as part of the project that is Canadian footy, and at least get it out there.  If he refuses, then so be it - but it won't be due to lack of effort or opportunity.  And if he does accept the call, then get him on the field and make it official ASAP. 

Yeah, don't let other countries be the first to approach a young talent.

I just have this feeling that Zambrano will be successful. Davies and Talba could become world class wingers, and they could transform the national team.

if they do not someone else will, it's a matter of time until we produce someone who can play in the EPL or La Liga and contribute. 

7 hours ago, One American said:

Jsut glad the Wizard is already thinking about how to integrate teenagers now, rather than making them wait and play behind less talented veterans just because. 

I hope its less about integrating young guys because of potential and more about integrating young guys because they are ready.

Tabla and Davies are proving that they are deserving based on their MLS minutes thus far this season