Greg Ranjitsingh

1 hour ago, Jith12 said:

I'm not here to spread rumours but if what Godinho said about a February game is true, it would be the perfect opportunity to call-up Ranjitsingh, considering that foreign clubs are not required to release players because there is no FIFA window in February.

what did Godinho say?

22 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

what did Godinho say?

In the CMNT thread on Friday Jith12 said the following.

“I think that I might have stumbled upon an interesting tidbit of information. Marcus Godinho was interviewed by the Edinburgh Evening News in an article that was published this past Tuesday. While the article was about his comeback from injury, he did make a comment about his international career with us.

The quote was: “We have games coming up in February and March. We’ve also qualified for the Gold Cup next June so I’ll be looking to get involved with that if I’m fully fit.” 

If Godinho is not mistaken, it would appear that we might have a "Camp Poutine" coming up sometime in February. According to the FIFA Calendar, there is no international break in February, but the MLS season does not start until March, meaning that a largely domestically based roster is likely, if this game is happening at all.”

22 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

He should be in a better league than MLS. If he doesn't move to Europe could the CPL sign him a year from now?

What are you smoking??  There are no MLS keepers coming to the CPL.  He has a shot with Orlando.  He has been a successful USL keeper for several years, at best CPL would be a lateral move from USL. Both he and Crepeau need to win an MLS job, that would be the best for them and CMNT.  

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What are you smoking??  There are no MLS keepers coming to the CPL.  He has a shot with Orlando.  He has been a successful USL keeper for several years, at best CPL would be a lateral move from USL. Both he and Crepeau need to win an MLS job, that would be the best for them and CMNT.  

Orlando isn't a good club and consider how they treated Larin are you not skeptical?

51 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

Orlando isn't a good club and consider how they treated Larin are you not skeptical?

Compared to Louisville in USL??  Come on...this is a clear chance for him to move up.  Just getting on a MLS minimum salary would be an upgrade, and he has no proven starter in front of him at Orlando.  He could be a starting MLS keeper by the spring...this could be the big break many keepers wait years for.  

9 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

The divorce may have been messy, but to be fair to them, he became a better player while playing for Orlando, and that playing time and coaching is what got him his move to Turkey. Not so bad if you think of it that way. 

• 3 weeks later...

He would 100% get called up if he wanted to rep Canada right? I'd say he's pretty obviously right in the mix to be our #2 with Crepeau having to battle for that #1 spot with the caps and Jayson Leutwiler being stuck on the bench in England. 

Unless Orlando sign a new keeper before the start of the season, it looks like he will be given the starting role... The player ahead of him has 5 MLS games played, and only 43 games played in his pro career.... Greg has 78 pro games played, and was the starter under now Orlando head coach, James O'Connor, for the last 3 years... Where they won 2 USL Cups together. Fair bet he's their starter this year unless they bring in a vet. 

Borjan, Ranjitsingh, Crepeau.... It starts to not look so bad. Come on John Herdman, give bobby a call and get him in Greg's ear. 

33 minutes ago, BradMack said:

He would 100% get called up if he wanted to rep Canada right? I'd say he's pretty obviously right in the mix to be our #2 with Crepeau having to battle for that #1 spot with the caps and Jayson Leutwiler being stuck on the bench in England. 

Unless Orlando sign a new keeper before the start of the season, it looks like he will be given the starting role... The player ahead of him has 5 MLS games played, and only 43 games played in his pro career.... Greg has 78 pro games played, and was the starter under now Orlando head coach, James O'Connor, for the last 3 years... Where they won 2 USL Cups together. Fair bet he's their starter this year unless they bring in a vet. 

Borjan, Ranjitsingh, Crepeau.... It starts to not look so bad. Come on John Herdman, give bobby a call and get him in Greg's ear. 

Grinwis isnt the front runner, I think its the home grown kid that will be the competition.  But given the history with the coach he has a good shot of at least getting a few games to prove himself.  He just has to do something positive at the MLS level when the chance come, same as St Clair or Crepeau.       

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, shamrock said:

I keep saying it: considering our (lack of) depth in the GK-department, keep pursuing this guy! He'll be an MLS starter in the near future, which would put him at the top of our pool. 

CPL has definitely done wonders for our GK depth. I'd like to see Ingham and Carducci called in eventually, however Ranjitsingh is someone I have wanted to see called up for a long time

FWIW

"Ranjitsingh, who qualifies to play for Trinidad & Tobago through his father, can also represent Guyana, Portugal or Canada but chose to wear the red, black and white. He earned his first call-up for Soca Warriors under former head coach Stephen Hart back in August 2016. T&T had to face Guatemala at home and the United States (away) in their penultimate 2018 Concacaf World Cup Group C Semifinal Round qualifier."

https://www.socawarriors.net/foreign-based/21486-ranjitsingh-aiming-to-be-orlando-s-1-but-still-hopes-for-a-t-t-call-up.html

He's made it pretty known that he prefers to represent Trinidad & Tobago.  He has a strong connection there through his father.

No reason for CSA not to try and persuade him to join Canada.  With this young core, it can be appealing for many.  He may also be thinking long term for his future.  Does he want to have a career as a #2 or #3 goalie for Canada and earn 10 caps for Canada.  Perhaps in Trinidad he may have many more opportunities for games.