Greg Ranjitsingh

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He got picked in the waiver draft today, coming to Minnesota.  Probably to compete with St Clair for a potential starting job.  

If that's the case, then lets hope St Clair gets the nod as although not yet cap tied to T&T, his loyalty clearly lies there.

23 hours ago, Corazon said:

If that's the case, then lets hope St Clair gets the nod as although not yet cap tied to T&T, his loyalty clearly lies there.

How is it clearly there and he's never played for T&T, denied call-ups, and also spoke out about payments not recieved - thats isn't the description of someone who is loyal to the program. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

How is it clearly there and he's never played for T&T, denied call-ups, and also spoke out about payments not recieved - thats isn't the description of someone who is loyal to the program. 

He's been called up to Trinidad both in 2016 & for the 2019 Gold Cup this year and even played against Canada in the unofficial closed door friendly in June.  Also, he has previously expressed his desire to represent T&T as he spent a lot of time living in Trinidad growing up and feels very much a part of that culture  - That isn't the description of someone who does not want to represent T&T internationally.

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

He's been called up to Trinidad both in 2016 & for the 2019 Gold Cup this year and even played against Canada in the unofficial closed door friendly in June.  Also, he has previously expressed his desire to represent T&T as he spent a lot of time living in Trinidad growing up and feels very much a part of that culture  - That isn't the description of someone who does not want to represent T&T internationally.

Substitute Begovic/canada in for Ranjitsingh/T+t and reread that sentence.  And we lost Begovic, so anything can happen until its official eh?

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Substitute Begovic/canada in for Ranjitsingh/T+t and reread that sentence.  And we lost Begovic, so anything can happen until its official eh?

My exact point. Im prettt sure if Canada ever came calling, he would be all in. 

@Corazon

He didn't grow up nor live in Trinidad. But made regular or yearly trips there. I don't know where in Canada you are from, but a lot of 2nd gen Canadians who come from Caribbean backgrounds in the GTA grow up having strong affinities to their parents "home", but that doesn't make them less prideful of being Canadian. Ultimately if he ever got the call, im 10000% sure he would accept it. He's no Ryan Telfer, and even he wanted that Canada call first. 

12 hours ago, Shway said:

My exact point. Im prettt sure if Canada ever came calling, he would be all in. 

@Corazon

He didn't grow up nor live in Trinidad. But made regular or yearly trips there. I don't know where in Canada you are from, but a lot of 2nd gen Canadians who come from Caribbean backgrounds in the GTA grow up having strong affinities to their parents "home", but that doesn't make them less prideful of being Canadian. Ultimately if he ever got the call, im 10000% sure he would accept it. He's no Ryan Telfer, and even he wanted that Canada call first. 

I am from the GTA and I know the cultures well.  I never said said it was over for Canada with him but it's clear that at this time, he is closer to the T&T national team than joining ours.  I am a fan of his and hope he chooses Canada but right now at best he would be our 3rd string goalie.

All I said was his loyalty currently lies with T&T which does not seem like a bold statement given he played for T&T against Canada in June & was a part of their Gold Cup squad.

• 2 years later...

Canadian eligible Keeper Greg Ranjitsingh has signed with hometown club Toronto FC.

He has featured in unofficial games for Trinidad & Tobago so I believe he is still eligible for Canada.  He has bounced around MLS teams over the past few seasons with very little appearances.  Most likely a depth piece but that makes two Canadian keepers now on the roster.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Depth signing but tbh that position in Toronto is so wide open.

This. Westberg is aging fast, and didn’t have a great season (who didn’t) last year.

I would’ve thought Bono was going to be a good trade piece.

• 1 year later...

He kind of missed his window.  Crepeau/StClair being front runners for #1, Sirois, Breza, Pantemis, Hasal, Gavran etc all above him.  He has what, less than 10 MLS games and he is 30 now?  Maybe he could turn into a Pat Onstad late bloomer, but how likely is that.  Gavran looked better in the cameos (direct comparison) they got last year with TFC.  

53 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Oo wow we’re reaching new levels here. Shaw or Telfer to score the winner? 

Shaw, it would hurt more....anybody who knows Telfer, knows that man is Trini 2 di bone.

• 1 month later...