Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

1 hour ago, Benjamin Massey said:

Worst-case scenario, Hutch doesn't make it at West Ham and goes on loan to the Championship, which is THE BEST SECOND DIVISION IN THE WORLD.

That doesn't make any sense for West Ham. I can see them sending a young prospect down to the Championship. Hutch would probably get loaned out to a club like Olympique de Marseille if he struggled at West Ham. 

17 minutes ago, Macksam said:

That doesn't make any sense for West Ham. I can see them sending a young prospect down to the Championship. Hutch would probably get loaned out to a club like Olympique de Marseille if he struggled at West Ham. 

For someone with so many posts, it's very illogical that you didn't realize it was sarcasm referencing a joke in other threads. You drunk mother f*cker?*

18 hours ago, Macksam said:

This is the kind of thing newbs post upon joining this forum. You on the other hand are 127 posts in and have already posted in this particular thread. This is very illogical. You drunk mother f*cker?

3 hours ago, canta15 said:

If he signs with them i don't think Song and Moses will be on the team.

Song sure but why Moses? Hutchinson and Moses are about as similar as Hutchinson and Hoilett. Apples and Oranges.

51 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Song sure but why Moses? Hutchinson and Moses are about as similar as Hutchinson and Hoilett. Apples and Oranges.

idk he is the one who referenced moses as a comeptitor.

2 hours ago, Oranje said:

For someone with so many posts, it's very illogical that you didn't realize it was sarcasm referencing a joke in other threads. You drunk mother f*cker?*

I was heading in that direction.

I realize now Lord Bob was playfully trolling Unnamed Trialist upon further review.

When it comes to that quote in the CPL thread, it was just me engaging in Macksam-esque banter. Only 50% of my posts that attack others contain genuine venom....the rest are just dry bites. That post directed at MPG (I think?) was a dry bite. I thought it would come across funny because I imagined Richard Pryor delivering that post in my head, lol.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I thought it would come across funny because I imagined Richard Pryor delivering that post in my head, lol.

And there lies your problem. It was clearly a Bill Hicks voice in your head. Getting crowded in there?

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I was heading in that direction.

I realize now Lord Bob was playfully trolling Unnamed Trialist upon further review.

When it comes to that quote in the CPL thread, it was just me engaging in Macksam-esque banter. Only 50% of my posts that attack others contain genuine venom....the rest are just dry bites. That post directed at MPG (I think?) was a dry bite. I thought it would come across funny because I imagined Richard Pryor delivering that post in my head, lol.

Totally get ya, but last thing I'd want is a newer V feeling alienated for voicing his frustration about Canada not having a pro league.

But onto Hutch, I don't think either choice could be considered the "wrong choice" just the l"less better" one. I would rather him stay in Turkey if that Hoilett rumour does come true, I'd imagine the chemistry would do wonders for the CMNT.

Plus Atiba is comfortable in Besiktas where he starts basically every game. He will be playing in the Champions League again which is great. I honestly think he should just stay put. He is making strides with Besiktas.

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

Plus Atiba is comfortable in Besiktas where he starts basically every game. He will be playing in the Champions League again which is great. I honestly think he should just stay put. He is making strides with Besiktas.

They just built a new arena that, along with the Champions League TV money, should bolster that team.

5 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Song won't be back at West Ham. He barely kicked a ball all season, they have absolutely no interest in him. Moses will be gone as well. 

Ah, c'mon, that is not fair! Who is going to pay his salary now?

Song is a case of a player being sent out on loan because his club does not want him, and the further along he goes the harder it gets. I think if you are Atiba you cannot go on loan to take a step up, your club would be nuts to let you do that-- and no one in their right mind would pay a transfer at that age.

(Being a Barcelona club member and therefore "shareholder", I am happy to have had Song off our payroll for the last few years, though I actually did like him as a player--another thing was him covering for Xavi or Busquets)

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

49 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Ah, c'mon, that is not fair! Who is going to pay his salary now?

Song is a case of a player being sent out on loan because his club does not want him, and the further along he goes the harder it gets. I think if you are Atiba you cannot go on loan to take a step up, your club would be nuts to let you do that-- and no one in their right mind would pay a transfer at that age.

(Being a Barcelona club member and therefore "shareholder", I am happy to have had Song off our payroll for the last few years, though I actually did like him as a player--another thing was him covering for Xavi or Busquets)

Song had a handful of really good matches with West Ham but only one good performance this season. No one will be sad to see him go. 

I think Hutchinson should stay with Besiktas. As much as I'd like to see him play in person more often, I think he wouldn't be first choice at West Ham. 

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I think Hutchinson should stay with Besiktas. As much as I'd like to see him play in person more often, I think he wouldn't be first choice at West Ham. 

Agree with this.  There are still a few leagues where age is not one of the top factors in evaluating a player (Series A comes to mind), but PL is not one of them.  The mind set tends to be looking at the today, tomorrow and a players sell on value, rather than what the player brings to the team right now.  Just look how Chelsea treated Lampart and Terry - club idols who can only hope for one-year deals once they get above 30 - despite still playing at a high level.  

Hutchinson may have the quality to play in the PL, but teams are unlikely give him a fair shake for factors beyond his control.

More chatter in the Turkish press about Hutchinson going to West Ham. 

Google translated article:

Former PSV player Atiba Hutchinson on his way to West Ham United

Atiba Hutchinson is in extensive negotiations on a contract in England

"We've been talking a while with that club" confirmed his agent. "We hope for a quick agreement, but that may take some time. There are other clubs interested in Atiba, so I can not definitely say the West Ham United is."

The probability the 33-year-old Hutchinson still return to Besiktas, has been reduced to zero. He came three years for Besiktas. 

http://www.turksvoetbal.net/besiktas/ex-psv-er-atiba-hutchinson-op-weg-naar-west-ham-united-020637576

9 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Would he get a work permit?

Isn't there a rule in place to grant work permits to exceptional talents? I know he is 33, but he did just play every game for the Turkish champs, at D-mid, without picking up a single card. He was a key player on the best team in a pretty good league.

Watching Rafa Marquez play that defensive midfield position so well at 37 gives me confidence we can still see Hutch going strong for Canada for at least another 4 years. He keeps his body in perfect fitness and it seems that the interest from West Ham indicates that Premier league teams also have confidence his form will not regress.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Watching Rafa Marquez play that defensive midfield position so well at 37 gives me confidence we can still see Hutch going strong for Canada for at least another 4 years. He keeps his body in perfect fitness and it seems that the interest from West Ham indicates that Premier league teams also have confidence his form will not regress.

I was thinking the same watching Ricardo Carvalho recently.

2 hours ago, jrue17 said:

not crazy about this theory....

If Hutchinson does sign for West Ham then he may only be used as a backup. The East London side already have plenty of options in the midfield but with the potential of a long European campaign, the Hammers will need a large squad.

And the poll shows 82% of people think Atiba wouldn't start for West Ham. 

He's got a good thing going at Besiktas. May be better to stay put. 

Edited by king1010

Has Atiba ever been a bench player?  Not to mention Bilic knows and rates him.  

I think that's more the opinion of English fans who have never heard of Atiba than it is truth.  With his versatility he can compete for multiple spots in a team and it's unlikely a team would pay a transfer fee for a 33 year old to sit on the bench when you could do that for a young player.  

As a West Ham season ticket holder, I think it would be difficult for Hutchinson to regularly crack the lineup. One possibility could be right back but as a fan of the CMNT, I'd rather see him play every week in the centre of the park and based on the current squad, I don't think he would start.

For selfish reasons I would love to see him in a West Ham shirt but I don't think it would benefit his career. On the other hand, maybe Hutchinson really wants to play in England before his career ends. I couldn't fualt him for taking the opportunity.