Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Someone from a WHU forum was just in the Besiktas club shop and apparently there is no Tore merch to be found but Hutchinson merch all over the store.  It might mean nothing or it could point to Tore going and Hurchinson staying. 

This link should bring up a photo of the club shop. 

http://m.imgur.com/ypt8qRJ?r

Or they are trying to clear out all of their Hutch merch before he leaves so that they aren't left with a bunch of stuff they can't sell...

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

I think Don Garber thinks that's likely as well... which is why he's talking up the idea of a Canadian DP... Hutch would be a major legitimacy boost for the CPL and my guess that's not lost on Garber.

No chance. Must have skipped economics class to read these forums ; )

1 hour ago, A_Gagne said:

I think Don Garber thinks that's likely as well... which is why he's talking up the idea of a Canadian DP... Hutch would be a major legitimacy boost for the CPL and my guess that's not lost on Garber.

How much of a boost would it provide beyond hardcore followers on the national team? Unfortunately, a signing like Andrea Pirlo or Frank Lampard would help a lot more. Think it has more to do with addressing some of the issues that the CSA has had over the way MLS treats Canada. MLS has long had this sort of policy with top USMNT players, so if it is to be a shared D1 moving forward then the same should apply where top CMNT players are concerned.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hutchinson better than Kante?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/16/west-ham-boss-slaven-bilic-raves-about-atiba-hutchinson-makes-ng/

Hammers boss Slaven Bilic sat down for an interview with Turkish sports media outlet Turkish Football, and sang the praises of Besiktas midfielder Atiba Hutchinson, suggesting that the Canadian could be even better than Chelsea star N'Golo Kante.

The Croatian signed the 34-year-old when he was in charge of the Turkish outfit back in 2013, and is obviously still a keen admirer of the defensive midfielder.

The experienced star has enjoyed a highly accomplished career thus far, with 77 international caps for Canada to his name.

Despite the Besiktas man's advancing years he possesses all the attributes that would make him a success in the Premier League, which makes Bilic's decision to sign Gokhan Tore in the summer of 2016 all the more puzzling.

Hutchinson is incredibly strong and athletic, with an impressive engine. He gets up and down the pitch, and has a huge influence on both the defensive and attacking sides of his team's game.

And Bilic highlighted just how good he believes the 34-year-old is, when speaking to Turkish Football:

"Perhaps Atiba is even better than Kante. Atiba is the most consistent player, he has been the rock of Besiktas for four years, provides balance and keeps the balance. He plays the same role as Kante but they have a few differences. Kante rarely makes a passing mistake, I actually think he has the capability to create assists as well if he wants. Kante loves to intercept balls, Atiba is the same."

The West Ham boss made no suggestion of an impending move for the Canadia, however, so he obviously feels he has Kante-like players at his disposal already in the form of Mark Noble, Pedro Obiang and Cheikhou Kouyate - *cough*.

• 3 weeks later...

A very good match, tight like all the Europa League games this eve, all were tight and three went to extra periods. Atiba had a strong game throughout, even had a few headers in scoring position, and was very solid. A very even game although Lyon had some chances saved miraculously by Fabri who was the goat last week.

The penalty round was excellent, great goals by all players and Lyon pulled it out. But true, Atiba`s was perfectly taken, expert.

38 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Besiktas banned from Europe for 2 years because of crowd trouble.  Wonder if Hutch will (continue to?) push for a move elsewhere.

They would only get banned for 1 year if they have more crowd trouble for the next 2 years. Do they aren't banned at this point, only given a warning.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

They would only get banned for 1 year if they have more crowd trouble for the next 2 years. Do they aren't banned at this point, only given a warning.

Exactly, a suspended ban, and it was given after the Lyon match, to both teams: it is wrong to infer it was after this one (which of course would not be possible since UEFA does not review matches so quickly).

Both bans and fines can be appealed. I don't know what Watchmen was thinking trying to shit-disturb with that post. After disgusting Leicester fan behaviour in Madrid last week they should be banned from away travel. But since Leicester will never play European football ever again, for the next 30 years, until I am totally vegetating, I guess there is nothing to worry about.