Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

The actual direct Spanish used was 'con el pito nos los follamos' 

Of course he was fired from Real Madrid after the match so perhaps its not the best to use it (I am probably the last person who should be saying that but whatever)

Full speech (it is hilarious)

http://www.marca.com/blogs/pero-esto-que-es/2013/04/23/con-el-pito-nos-los-follamos-con-el-pito.html

Edited by theaub

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Would you guys rather see Hutchinson play in the Champions League or BPL?

He signs with West Ham, they do a Leicester City, we get both.

From a selfish perspective I'd love to see 'Tiba on TV every week. And from his career perspective, well, he's played in the Champions League before and it might be better for him to play at an extremely high level every week than quite a high level every week and an extremely high level some weeks. Then again, he's set at Besiktas but at West Ham he'd have to win a spot. It's a tricky one. I think he should do what makes him happy.

I'd rather him stay at Besiktas where he will remain key, play in the CL and might even win another league title. Besiktas will likely improve their squad with the CL on the horizon, so a chance to play alongside even bigger players, perhaps.

At West Ham, the allure of facing the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs must be tempting. Even the Southhampton's, Everton's and of course Leicester City's provide stern match ups. It's a tough call but the prospect of CL football and guaranteed playing time might be right for a player who is approaching 34 years of age, especially as he is our top player. We need him match fit, match sharp and full of confidence.

1 hour ago, to70 said:

But this year might be different with Slaven Bilic as their manager. He put back in midfield at Besiktas.

Bilic was there at the start of last year as well when the same rumors were emerging. There was talk he wanted to bring Hutch with him to West Ham

If he goes to the Hammers then he'll likely be used as a right back since they're thin there. Jenkinson went down injured early in the season and had his loan ended. Joey O'Brian is looking to leave the club. They signed Sam Byram from Leeds but he is still young and unproven. Antonio was used there with limited defensive success, and pretty much all of West Ham wants to see him stay further up the pitch.

In the middle Hutch would be up against Payet, Lanzini, Kouyate, Noble, the aforementioned Antonio, Song and Moses (if the latter two were to sign after loans). Noble is the closest in style to Hutch and he had a great year - lots of folks wanted him to get a call to the England Euro side. Also, they have brought in a Norweigan defensive mid from Germany. Lots of competition in the middle of the park. 

2 hours ago, Varsity Tyler said:

If he goes to the Hammers then he'll likely be used as a right back since they're thin there. Jenkinson went down injured early in the season and had his loan ended. Joey O'Brian is looking to leave the club. They signed Sam Byram from Leeds but he is still young and unproven. Antonio was used there with limited defensive success, and pretty much all of West Ham wants to see him stay further up the pitch.

In the middle Hutch would be up against Payet, Lanzini, Kouyate, Noble, the aforementioned Antonio, Song and Moses (if the latter two were to sign after loans). Noble is the closest in style to Hutch and he had a great year - lots of folks wanted him to get a call to the England Euro side. Also, they have brought in a Norweigan defensive mid from Germany. Lots of competition in the middle of the park. 

If he signs with them i don't think Song and Moses will be on the team.

West Ham would love to have Song, but his wages are ridiculously high.

Hutch would be a cheaper substitute.

I do think at his age and West Ham depth, Hutch will get more regular football at Besiktas. But the lure of at least trying to make it in EPL might be too strong