Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

So those of you who think Atiba should not be a CAM for us, exactly who are you proposing that we play in that position? As I said before, if we had a CAM of the calibre of those that play at Besiktas or PSV I would be fine with him playing elsewhere but I don't see anyone in our selection pool even close to as capable at this role as Atiba.

Why exactly do we need to play with a CAM in the first place? Floro doesn't even use a CAM so why are we even talking about it?

One of Hutchinson's best games for Canada was our 1-0 win vs. Panama at home.  Was he AMC in that match?  He may have been.  He was very dangerous coming down the right side in particular that game though which is why I wouldn't mind him at RM and I also remember him playing well for FCK in that position.  I remember him playing on the right and as a withdrawn striker for FCK which may be confused for an AMC.  

I don't know if he was set up as  CAM specifically, but I recall that game as well as the Honduras match at home … he was able to play much more advanced than I had seen him with his club sides and had several runs with possession where he dribbled through players right up to the 18yrd box.

I proposed Osorio as a CAM and gave reasons for it in a different thread.  (it had a lot to do with the rest of the lineup, including Hutch's role, Johnson's role, and the role of the fullbacks)

Edited by madmonte

I proposed Osorio as a CAM and gave reasons for it in a different thread. (it had a lot to do with the rest of the lineup, including Hutch's role, Johnson's role, and the role of the fullbacks)

I seem to remember him playing there last year and doing okay.

Dammit Hutchinson should have held out signing that contract extension a little while longer. Oh well, maybe there's a chance he moves in the winter. If not though, Besiktas is still a great club for a player of ours to be at.

Dammit Hutchinson should have held out signing that contract extension a little while longer. Oh well, maybe there's a chance he moves in the winter. If not though, Besiktas is still a great club for a player of ours to be at.

Was it an extension? I thought his contract was up this month?

Edited by king1010

Bilic left Besiktas 2 weeks ago and he was rumoured to be number 1 candidate for West Ham at the time. I am pretty sure Atiba was well aware of the situation when he re-signed with Besiktas.

Yeah I know, his name was getting thrown around even before he left. That comment was not really serious - I know Hutchinson and his agent wouldn't actually base that decision on whether or not Bilic joined west ham. it was moreso based on what i'd personally like to see happen :)

Molinaro asked Hutch if he would be ready for the GC. Hutch said it is "Unlikely"

Wtfffff. I thought it was just precautionary?

What the heck did he injure in training? I know he missed the last besiktas game, but thought that was just squad rotation.

It wouldve been over a month from the time he got injured to the gold cup.

Wtfffff. I thought it was just precautionary?

What the heck did he injure in training? I know he missed the last besiktas game, but thought that was just squad rotation.

It wouldve been over a month from the time he got injured to the gold cup.

Molinaro tweeted out that it is a groin issue.

Molinaro tweeted out that it is a groin issue.

That'll do it. Groin muscle injuries are a bitch(just ask ben bishop) Brutal.

Well hopefully we can qualify for the quarter finals and at that point call him up as a replacement player.

If not rest up for besiktas training camp and september wcq.

All we need this gold cup is to finish top 8 and play that knockout game to get to the copa.

Molinaro just tweeted the injury happened back at besiktas. He had missed the last regular season game for them.

I guess he tried to give it a go in orlando and it wasnt happening. Would suck if he did more damage in orlando and it forces him to miss gold cup.

I guess we are counting on Will Johnson being fully recovered then. I'm not convinced, given that Floro didn't field him in either match.

I dont really understand this. Hes alrdy played mls matches. How is he not ready for gold cup...

@KurtLarSUN: Floro said it might be too early for Will Johnson to play at this Gold Cup.

^ Agreed on WJ. Hard to imagine Bradley or Altidore or Dempsey skipping the Gold Cup but playing for their club before, (presumably) during and (again, presumably) after the same tournament. Must be something to Floro's comments but why does it have to happen this summer to our two best midfielders and, actually, probably our two best players overall? Argh.