Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

Does Atiba eventually move to the backline this cycle? Potentially, a 3-man midfield with Piette, Johnson, Teibert, Osorio in rotation. In theory, he could move to CB or even RB. 

Tesho-----Larin-----Ricketts/Finlay

Teibert---Johnson/Piette---Osorio

Sam/DJ--Henry---Edgar-----Atiba

Does Atiba eventually move to the backline this cycle? Potentially, a 3-man midfield with Piette, Johnson, Teibert, Osorio in rotation. In theory, he could move to CB or even RB. 

Tesho-----Larin-----Ricketts/Finlay

Teibert---Johnson/Piette---Osorio

Sam/DJ--Henry---Edgar-----Atiba

no no, we've discussed this before. we have TONS of centre back options. No need to put Atiba there. And his talent would be wasted at Right back. He needs to be in the midfield where he is most influential.

Agreed - that would be an absolute waste.

Re. his injury. You know, as unfortunate as that is, it gives Teibert and Osorio more opportunities and experience. Plus he could be fit by the knockout rounds. I have a lot of faith we will make at least quarters with his group.

But yeah, it's a chance to solidify our midfield depth. There is good in it.

Somehow I feel like the new deal he signed has a lot to do with this decision.  It would be nice to add him to the roster as one of the players that can join for the knockout rounds, why not?  If he has a chance to legitimately win a Gold Cup that may make him risk it unless his new contract stipulated that he needs to skip summer internationals this year and recover.

“I don’t want to risk coming back too soon because I want to be fully fit for the start of the Turkish league, and we have some Europa group stage matches in September”

We also have some important World Cup Qualifiers in September.

Edited by Keegan

Somehow I feel like the new deal he signed has a lot to do with this decision.  It would be nice to add him to the roster as one of the players that can join for the knockout rounds, why not?  If he has a chance to legitimately win a Gold Cup that may make him risk it unless his new contract stipulated that he needs to skip summer internationals this year and recover.

“I don’t want to risk coming back too soon because I want to be fully fit for the start of the Turkish league, and we have some Europa group stage matches in September”

We also have some important World Cup Qualifiers in September.

I think it's implied he'd rather be ready for those than the GC.

• 1 month later...

I know it was mentioned elsewhere but I think this is where we should discuss the fresh Atiba to West Ham rumours. Bilic wants him for 3.5 million pounds, Besiktas wants at least 5 million. Have we ever had a club asking 5 mil pounds for a Canadian?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/15/west-ham-lining-up-3-5million-transfer-bid-for-atiba-hutchinson-5344453/

Current Canadian internaional transfer record: Tomasz Radzinski: 2001 (RSC Anderlecht to FC Everton) ------------£4,500,000

I know it was mentioned elsewhere but I think this is where we should discuss the fresh Atiba to West Ham rumours. Bilic wants him for 3.5 million pounds, Besiktas wants at least 5 million. Have we ever had a club asking 5 mil pounds for a Canadian?

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/15/west-ham-lining-up-3-5million-transfer-bid-for-atiba-hutchinson-5344453/

Personally, I think it would be perfect if Atiba was able to join a Premiership team, for a manager that is very familiar with him. I suspect that Besiktas are just trying to get as much as they can in a transfer fee, knowing full well that Bilic is familiar with Atiba and is probably very keen to make a deal.

Edited by David C.

I assume West Ham is just putting out feelers to see if they could acquire him, but probably would be unwilling to go above their offer. I don't even see any mention of this in any fan sites of West Ham. I think this probably won't happen but it would be great because then we could see him every week on our cable or streaming packages.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to Istanbul for a week in a couple of days. Sadly, Besiktas is away both in Thursday night, in the Europa League, and on Sunday, in the Turkish league. My second choice would have been to attend a Galatasaray match, but they're also away on the Sunday. I'm going to have to make due with trying to get tickets to see RVP and Lazar Markovic play at home for Fenerbahce on Sunday.

I'm going to Istanbul for a week in a couple of days. Sadly, Besiktas is away both in Thursday night, in the Europa League, and on Sunday, in the Turkish league. My second choice would have been to attend a Galatasaray match, but they're also away on the Sunday. I'm going to have to make due with trying to get tickets to see RVP and Lazar Markovic play at home for Fenerbahce on Sunday.

I'm in Ankara and got tickets to watch Beskitas this weekend! Atiba has a good reputation here among the Besiktas supporters Ive gotten a chance to speak with. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...