Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

6 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Actually we won't. If we draw in Hon both teams will have 5 pts and we only need to win at home while Mexico avoiding losing to Hon at Azteca. No GD needed in that scenario.

True but we also don't want us to bunker after we go up 1 0. We all know what that is a recipe for.

7 hours ago, jpg75 said:

This is technically correct and also a recipe for disaster.

I agree but I was just responding to what jpg75 said. We must go for a win in Honduras as I said in another post.

Edited by MtlMario

I posted a message on October 1st 2015 on the impactsoccer.com forum about an interview that Benito Floro had with the show ''Jorge Ramos y su Banda'' from ESPN Deportes in the U.S. (obviously a show in Spanish). The host, Jorge Ramos, happens to be from Uruguay and he took special interest in what was going then (I recall the interview was in late September) with Lucas Cavallini and why he wasn't called for the CMNT even though he kept scoring for Fenix in Uruguay.

The answer from Benito Floro was simple. He mentioned that there was a some sort of distancing between Cavallini and the CSA and that he contacted the player several times but he wasn't able to convince him to change his mind and to come play for Canada and so Floro decided to keep things as they are. 

During the interview Floro didn't mention what happened that caused the distance between the 2 parties nor if he spoke to the CSA about it to get it resolved.

So maybe one of the few journalists that we have in this forum should consider talking to someone in the CSA or even look for Cavallini.

Edited by raphdelarosa

2 minutes ago, raphdelarosa said:

I posted a message on October 1st 2015 on the impactsoccer.com forum about an interview that Benito Floro had with the show ''Jorge Ramos y su Banda'' from ESPN Deportes in the U.S. (obviously a show in Spanish). The host, Jorge Ramos, happens to be from Uruguay and he took special interest in what was going then (I recall the interview was in late September) with Lucas Cavallini and why he wasn't called for the CMNT even though he kept scoring for Fenix in Uruguay.

The answer from Benito Floro was simple. He mentioned that there was a some sort of distancing between Cavallini and the CSA and that he contacted the player several times but he wasn't able to convince him to change his mind and to come play for Canada and so Floro decided to keep things as they are. 

During the interview Floro didn't mention what happened that caused the distance between the 2 parties nor if he spoke to the CSA about it to get it resolved.

So maybe one of the few journalists that we have in this forum should consider talking to someone in the CSA or even look for Cavallini.

but shortly after that interview cavallini accepted a callup for the october friendly

Yes I know that, I was simply bringing the information to the topic. He was indeed called and also accepted... but the question here is what happened before then and also why he wasn't called again for this time. Is there maybe something that the CSA did or maybe the problem is coming from Cavallini?

Edited by raphdelarosa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Many people on here probably will disagree and it probably wont.happen anyway, but i wod love to see him at TFC.  Hes a tall and skillled forward, good with head and feet. He would add some sharper threats up top and would provide another option to compensate for the injury prone and hughly inconsistent Jozy Altidore. 

Plus, if hes based in canada, hopefully we could convince him to get back into the national fold. I still hope Floro can get him for the September games. 

From a national team perspective, it would be better for Ricketts to sign with TFC over Cavallini. And that's simply because Cavallini is anything but committed to said national team. Cavallini has played in 1 of the last 37 national team games, I think that stat speaks for itself.

From a TFC perspective, Cavallini would probably be a better fit.

On 29/03/2016 at 4:13 PM, jpg75 said:

" Lucas knows the rules and so does Floro. Benito said that a full commitment is what he's thinking of, but he couldn't get it."

Not sure what to make of your statement then. 

Yes, Cavallini was not committed after the 8-1 debacle, but he is now - just like Hoilett, Vitoria, Aird etc. If the guy can help he should be called.

Someone made me cry then told a lie and hurt us. 

And even though he was misquoted, it looked like he said goodbye.

What is above is me trying to be funny not serious. I was just Rick Rolling you. 

I was stupid to believe that. Let's hope that him leaving Fénix will bring a new Lucas Cavallini and we'll be together forever.

(Yes a Phoenix joke)

18 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Based on that, and on other stuff I am reading from this week, it is not confirmed yet. Other transfers out are. AS the team qualified for the Copa Sudamericana, fans are worried with all the players leaving.

He had the offer from Colon in Argentina, if they continue to think he can help, and the financial administrators let them, he may get the offer repeated. A step up that would be. 

His contract ends on the last day of July, so he can choose to go on a free transfer.

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

His contract ends on the last day of July, so he can choose to go on a free transfer.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I see that the rumour of Rivero going to Colo Colo made the Friday evening Vancouver Global TV sports report.

Imagine Cavallini replaces Rivero at the Whitecaps? That would be amazing!

EDIT: Didn't his younger brother Cristian have a trial with them?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I don't get how folks can talk about Cavallini going to a Canadian team when so many are convinced he has said no to Canada. 

If he was really considering a TFC or Caps, that would be to get back into the Canadian fold. And that'd mean that Floro, or whoever made up what Floro thinks, is totally wrong about his committment to the MNT. 

Otherwise, if you have half a brain, you go pretty well anywhere else they play football and can pay you more. 

Cavallini also said that he wouldn't go to MLS unless he wanted to end his career. So, if he's going somewhere, it's not in MLS. I think that he has options to choose from in South America that he won't even consider MLS unless MLS pays him a DP contract which only MLSE circa 2008 would consider.