Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Just now, jpg75 said:

Well we agree to disagree because i have a lot of respect for the Uruguayan league. Cavallini will likely be moving to Europe this summer and i think a lot of people will have changed opinions in the next 6 months.

I hope so.  I'd like to see what he can do in an environment that is a little less comfortable for him.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Right, but Ricketts scores on the international stage.  Whether that's because he shows up more than anything else would be up for debate.

Please don't be mad.

Thats fair. But I feel Cavillini would be just fine scoring international goals against Carribean minnows. 

But you gotta show up and prove it. And he hasn't done that. 

So fair to not rate him because he hasn't shown up for us. 

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Well we agree to disagree because i have a lot of respect for the Uruguayan league. Cavallini will likely be moving to Europe this summer and i think a lot of people will have changed opinions in the next 6 months.

If he moves to Europe, the question is where?  If playing in Europe is the measuring stick, guess where Haber plays?

1 minute ago, Blackdude said:

I never said that Floro said that, but where was he in the past 4 years?

" Lucas knows the rules and so does Floro. Benito said that a full commitment is what he's thinking of, but he couldn't get it."

Not sure what to make of your statement then. 

Yes, Cavallini was not committed after the 8-1 debacle, but he is now - just like Hoilett, Vitoria, Aird etc. If the guy can help he should be called.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I hope so.  I'd like to see what he can do in an environment that is a little less comfortable for him.

Thats another HUGE plus Cavallini has going for him. 

He's comfrotable in latin america. How many of our players can say that? Latin America is where we crumble. 

We already have players comfortable in Europe and North America. We need players comfortable playing in central and south america to qualify for the world cup. 

Edited by king1010

2 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

If he moves to Europe, the question is where?  If playing in Europe is the measuring stick, guess where Haber plays?

Zaragoza (Segunda) and Bologna (Serie A) were the rumours the past 18 months. That's like saying KD and Olive Garden are both pasta.

" Lucas knows the rules and so does Floro. Benito said that a full commitment is what he's thinking of, but he couldn't get it."

Not sure what to make of your statement then. 

Yes, Cavallini was not committed after the 8-1 debacle, but he is now - just like Hoilett, Vitoria, Aird etc. If the guy can help he should be called.

Someone told a lie and hurt us. He made me cry. He told a lie and hurt us. 

And even though he was misquote, it looked like he said goodbye.

I thought that Cavallini and Canada would be together forever. I was stupid to believe that.

Zaragoza (Segunda) and Bologna (Serie A) were the rumours the past 18 months. That's like saying KD and Olive Garden are both pasta.

I think this thread has a number of rumours on where he will next be, but there has been no pen to paper yet.

And I'm willing to bet that there are a number of people that would say KD is better than Olive Garden.  :)

29 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Lucas knows the rules and so does Floro. Benito said that a full commitment is what he's thinking of, but he couldn't get it. 

Lucas has to tell us how he's feeling about the national team. He's gotta make us understand. 

You are making this up totally. Cite your sources or stop with this "he couldn't get it". You don't know and we don't either.

23 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

When did Floro say this?

It is made up, don't worry. We dont't know and of course we have a press that sits on its hands and is scared to ask a proper question, even in a press conference.

BTW Cavallini is the target man at Fenix, he fights with the central defenders, gets carded a lot, and the other attackers like Maxi Pérez come in alongside and poach goals. 

Never mind the fact he was transferred to Colon in Argentina first division just two months ago, but a financial watchdog overseeing the club refused to let Colon finish the deal because they are in serious debt.

12 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I bet Cavallini has sporadic appearances for Canada for the rest of his life but never anything consistent.

I also bet he doesn't move from Uruguay. Something tells me the guy is content where he is and his passion and drive has subsided. 

Good bet: he had a tranfser deal to Colon in top flight Argentina finished and signed two months ago, so please put your money where your mouth is, we'd love to clean you out. 

Now if you want to know why he is not at Colon playing against Boca and River now, same reason you'll be eating at a food bank if you let all betters take your line: that is what happens when you let yourself get foolishly into debt.

18 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I bet Cavallini has sporadic appearances for Canada for the rest of his life but never anything consistent.

I also bet he doesn't move from Uruguay. Something tells me the guy is content where he is and his passion and drive has subsided. 

Middle class soccer player dream

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Scoring consistently in the Argentine First Division would be pretty bad ass. 

Yes but it would not be good enough for many here, sadly.

I am not sure Cavallini is to blame or Floro, or a bit of both, but we really need someone to put some pressure on Larin. What he has done for Orlando is amazing, and I am thrilled, but we have not seen any of that for Canada--and Orlando is not better than the current CMNT, they are in fact a pretty bad team.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Good bet: he had a tranfser deal to Colon in top flight Argentina finished and signed two months ago, so please put your money where your mouth is, we'd love to clean you out. 

Now if you want to know why he is not at Colon playing against Boca and River now, same reason you'll be eating at a food bank if you let all betters take your line: that is what happens when you let yourself get foolishly into debt.

Foolishly in debt like Colon?  My bet is that you try to start at least 5 more internet forum fights by the end of this week.  You are on a roll lately.

6 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Foolishly in debt like Colon?  My bet is that you try to start at least 5 more internet forum fights by the end of this week.  You are on a roll lately.

You can't win an argument on an internet forum citing the fact that your opponent gets into arguments on an internet forum. 

Even if you have the best name by far, which is your case. 

Foolishly in debt anyone betting he never leaves Uruguay, because he left, he was gone, and the deal was blocked administratively. I mean, if you are on the Cavallini thread and want to make sense at least read the frigging thread, it was posted just a few pages back.

Since that deal was made the last day of the transfer window, and blocked afterwards, he could not explore other options. Which he'll have at the next transfer window.

BTW, people are forgetting his first child was just born and if he was willing to go to Colon it was because he was close at least (though it is far from the closet Argentine team to Montevideo). 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

44 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

No need to take everything so seriously, it's my speculation. 

3 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

A relegation bound league one team?

1 hour ago, nolbertos said:

Floro better pucker up and kiss Cavallini's ass if he wants to save his job.  Canada needs all the firepower to run the score against El Salvador.  Even if Canada ties 0-0 at San Pedro Sula, we'll need to run up the score against ES.  

Actually we won't. If we draw in Hon both teams will have 5 pts and we only need to win at home while Mexico avoiding losing to Hon at Azteca. No GD needed in that scenario.