Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Look if he stays in South America it won't be for the money because unless he is playing for a big South American team how much more can he be making than say 200 000 he could be making in MLS. If he stays it's for the a better chance of signing for a bigger club in South America by playing well for a smaller club in South America or even the chance of playing in Europe by playing well in South America, because money wise how much money could he have been making in Uruguay playing for a team that plays in stadiums no better than some stadiums we see here in League 1 in Ontario.

2 hours ago, 1996 said:

Look if he stays in South America it won't be for the money because unless he is playing for a big South American team how much more can he be making than say 200 000 he could be making in MLS. 

I'm just asking. Would a guy who scored 7 goals in Uruguay last season get a $ 200 000 contract in MLS? I don't think so. I don't think that he'd get that if he would sign in MLS. If I'd guess what he'd make, it would be around what Mezquida is making right now (he's making $88 000 after $65 000 last year). I don'T see how he would earn that much money. Look at all MLS strikers making $200 000 or more and tell me if they are any less proven in MLS or another league (because you'd give me oh that DP stinker who was a great player but couldn't fit in MLS) And they have been much better than Cavallini. Looking at our 3 Canadian clubs, the only player that could be considered is Venegas, but even there Venegas was great for Alajuelense and is a starter for Costa Rica. Cavallini has been ok at a mediocre club in Uruguay. If he scored 20 goals at Nacional, it would be a different story, but he never started for them.

Edited by Blackdude

• 1 month later...

What's going on with him?

Transfermarkt says his contract at Fénix was done at the end of July: http://www.transfermarkt.com/lucas-cavallini/profil/spieler/221038

..but he played in a friendly for Fénix and scored a goal yesterday? http://www.tenfield.com.uy/amistoso-fenix-10-central-espanol/

Media in Uruguay mention a possible move to the Whitecaps, yet the international transfer window for MLS is now closed. http://www.salimo.uy/noticia/no-afloja-y-volvio-a-ganar/

I'm quite confused :huh:

7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

What's going on with him?

Transfermarkt says his contract at Fénix was done at the end of July: http://www.transfermarkt.com/lucas-cavallini/profil/spieler/221038

..but he played in a friendly for Fénix and scored a goal yesterday? http://www.tenfield.com.uy/amistoso-fenix-10-central-espanol/

Media in Uruguay mention a possible move to the Whitecaps, yet the international transfer window for MLS is now closed. http://www.salimo.uy/noticia/no-afloja-y-volvio-a-ganar/

I'm quite confused :huh:

If I am not mistaken, players that are free agents can still be signed. Don't hold me to that. I read it somewhere. 

6 hours ago, GlassCity said:

Yep. Free transfers can be signed in MLS, up until the Roster Freeze on September 15th.

Here's my article on the situation.

https://thisglasscity.wordpress.com/2016/08/04/maple-syrup/

Sorry I didn't credit you for my post earlier. Nice find. You didn't mention the Sept 15th date; although I suppose most of your readers would be "in-the-know" for that sort of thing.

This still doesn't explain why Cavallini played in a friendly for Fénix on Wednesday August 3rd (yesterday), when his contract was up on Sunday July 31st. Did he renew is contract? If so, someone please link to this! The Campeonato Uruguayo de Fútbol 2016 starts this weekend.

On August 5, 2016 at 0:32 AM, Complete Homer said:

Not a VWC fan, but Vancouver is taking a big beating for a team has rescued 3 CMNTers from Unattached FC or bench obscurity this season

(unless I'm missing obvious sarcasm, then feel free to put a clip of Homer being an idiot here) 

Yeah, I am not rabid about it, but it seems like the Caps have made some pretty significant moves lately.  I know there are lingering issues about the way the have brought through (or not)  some Canadians in the past, but there seems to be a bit of a new ethos behind the recent signings.

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Blackdude said:

I'm just asking. Would a guy who scored 7 goals in Uruguay last season get a $ 200 000 contract in MLS? I don't think so. I don't think that he'd get that if he would sign in MLS. If I'd guess what he'd make, it would be around what Mezquida is making right now (he's making $88 000 after $65 000 last year). I don'T see how he would earn that much money. Look at all MLS strikers making $200 000 or more and tell me if they are any less proven in MLS or another league (because you'd give me oh that DP stinker who was a great player but couldn't fit in MLS) And they have been much better than Cavallini. Looking at our 3 Canadian clubs, the only player that could be considered is Venegas, but even there Venegas was great for Alajuelense and is a starter for Costa Rica. Cavallini has been ok at a mediocre club in Uruguay. If he scored 20 goals at Nacional, it would be a different story, but he never started for them.

I don't get the saviour worship. 

I also don't understand how Ashtone still makes over $100k for TFC. 

4 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

I think the new ethos is Carl Robinson in complete cognitive meltdown.

He doesn't coach, he just signs players. Maybe change the way they play, how about it? But no, if it does not work, keep changing the pieces until it does. 

Robbo believes in his ideas, and his ideas are currently related to hitting the same part of the wall with the same part of his head, over and over again.

I would say it's the opposite problem, they've rotated both players and formations endlessly this year. No one knows who the best 11 are or what formation they should play, they've had four different right backs this year and an endless combination of strikers.

The loss of Koffie and Beitashour along with the shifting formations has unsettled the team to the point where they've given up the most goals in the league this year. It's just a mess all around and it's hard to see the team making any kind of a run given they are usually worse in the second half of the season against the tougher western conference teams they see due to the unbalanced schedule. 

15 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

I would say it's the opposite problem, they've rotated both players and formations endlessly this year. No one knows who the best 11 are or what formation they should play, they've had four different right backs this year and an endless combination of strikers.

The loss of Koffie and Beitashour along with the shifting formations has unsettled the team to the point where they've given up the most goals in the league this year. It's just a mess all around and it's hard to see the team making any kind of a run given they are usually worse in the second half of the season against the tougher western conference teams they see due to the unbalanced schedule. 

4 of the last 11 at home and 7 on the road. Doesn't look good.