Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

His name is Macksam, not Markham. You don't need to get immature about such an irrelevant error.

By the way, this is not an argument, this is me pointing out the discrepancies in your posts. 

You made it clear you agree with Macksam, who unequivocally believes Uruguay is much better than MLS - yet a few posts later you say you agree with me that both leagues are close in quality, albeit different in style. Now you are jacked up for an MLS vs Uruguay "argument" ....that you've comically labelled a "blood bath"? 

Just be clear on your position. 

Now, I do love a good debate about soccer, especially when it involves comparing and contrasting the two leagues our hottest strikers play in.

You chose to ignore the Cavallini versus Larin content of my last post (in favour of Ajax, Picking, Markham and other irrelevancies) - so I will try again: Larin exploits are more impressive than Cavallini's. In addition to the fact that his goals show more variety and his strike rate is better, I will now add that he plays in a better league as well. Close in quality, different in style, but better in my opinion. Would you like to counter that?

As for the transfer debate, comparing the number of players moving directly from Uruguay to La Liga versus MLS to the EPL does get us off topic quite a bit - but if you want to use it as evidence that Uruguay is better than MLS, we can take it there. 

Ball's in your court :)

Obinna, I really had no idea, and anyway, what is that about? It's childish, you meant Macksam, but deliberately showed your disrespect by screwing up his name. Nice debating tactic. I mean, that is pretty lame.

All this to try to prove that Larin, who so far has done nothing for Canada when it's counted, is somehow a clearly better prospect than Cavallini. I actually like Larin, I am thrilled  by the guy, and really hope the curve goes up and it shows for Canada. But him being way better than Lucas because of the league he plays in? Well that is a pretty weak argument as has been shown. Uruguay is probably the best talent producing league in the world in function of size and money, upwards of a 100 players transfer out every year, it is phenomenal. Only reason it is not stronger simply because every year they have to find teenagers to replace them--and do!!

Anyways, if you think MLS is so wonderful, which I follow and watch and stay up very late watching too, that is fine, great. I think Uruguay is close, different, and in some ways clearly better.

But it does not prove a single thing, because Larin missed a sitter in the Gold Cup that would have put us through. 

But hey, I hope Larin scores three vs Honduras and you can have the bragging rights. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Cavallini had the balls to leave his family and travel half the world to start a pro career as a teenager.  He's battled out of an extremely competitive youth program at Nacional and established himself in the league, instead of coming back to Canada like Fresenga, Osorio.  He is a full fledged professional player and an adult with adult responsibilities.  

Larin was playing with kids in League 1 Ontario last summer.  He was playing with kids in college last year.  He chose a college close to his family.  He chose MLS over Europe.  He is a pro but has that rookie tag attached.  Like many North American 20 year olds, he's more kid than adult.  He did nothing at the U20s.  And, he under performed badly at the Gold Cup, wilted under pressure at the level we need him to perform in.  

Maturity matters.  Mentality is crucial to performing under pressure.  We cannot afford a bad game from our striker on Nov 13.  I know who I'd start.

I will be happy to see Larin start and I will be happy to see Cavallini start. Both are great options.

Larin does have more experience at this level despite being younger by almost 3 years. Larin also has more familiarity with the team and how Floro wants to play. 

Because Cavallini plays his club ball in South America, it might be a good idea to give him the start down in El Salvador. He has played in those conditions before with us, albeit 3 years ago. 

An ways,  go Lucas and go Cyle. We can get the job done with two solid strikers in good form!

I will be happy to see Larin start and I will be happy to see Cavallini start. Both are great options.

Larin does have more experience at this level despite being younger by almost 3 years. Larin also has more familiarity with the team and how Floro wants to play. 

Because Cavallini plays his club ball in South America, it might be a good idea to give him the start down in El Salvador. He has played in those conditions before with us, albeit 3 years ago. 

An ways,  go Lucas and go Cyle. We can get the job done with two solid strikers in good form!

i like that strategy. Start larin in van city. Bring cavillani off the bench. If larin doesnt pot a goal then start cavillani in el salvador and bring larin in off the bench. 

Both are assets. Both need to see playing time. 

Edited by king1010

• 4 weeks later...

Cavallini played 90 minutes today for Fenix.

Some injury...

Shameful.  

Haber was excellent on Friday, ran his guts out and did his job. I'd rather have a guy like Haber on my team.

the team reported 7 days ago. He could have healed up in that time. It would have been a long flight as well for him. 

Not saying hes innocent. Just saying lets not jump to conclusions. 

We'll know more the next intl window

If it had a chance of healing so quick he should have reported to camp at least.  He could have played in El Salvador.

Yes we don't have all the info.  But the info we do have (his track record in turning down call ups, comments in Uruguayan media, and that he played a full game last Sunday and yesterday) all suggests he is not committed to our program.

If it had a chance of healing so quick he should have reported to camp at least.  He could have played in El Salvador.

Yes we don't have all the info.  But the info we do have (his track record in turning down call ups, comments in Uruguayan media, and that he played a full game last Sunday and yesterday) all suggests he is not committed to our program.

same could be said with hainault and his flu however. 

Flying half way across the world probably isnt good for the healing process 

Cavallini played 90 minutes today for Fenix.

Some injury...

Shameful.  

Haber was excellent on Friday, ran his guts out and did his job. I'd rather have a guy like Haber on my team.

Which game was this? I can't see a Fenix game (or any PDU game for that matter) this weekend. Do they have a Cup maybe?

I don't know where this is coming from. From tenbfield, I checked this on Thursday saying that Cavallini was not training with the team.

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/zazpe-y-fernandez-ok-cavallini-papa-y-waterman-en-sanidad/

Fénix played a friendly also on Saturday in a 1:0 and Cavallini wasn't starting.

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/fenix-le-gano-10-a-sud-america-en-capurro-con-gol-de-maxi-perez/

So where is this coming from?

same could be said with hainault and his flu however. 

Flying half way across the world probably isnt good for the healing process 

While I, for some reason, am willing to give Cavallini the benefit of the doubt I wouldn't compare it at all to Hainault.

Really not worth bringing Hainault along and spreading the flu to the rest of the team with such important games to be played

the team reported 7 days ago. He could have healed up in that time. It would have been a long flight as well for him. 

Not saying hes innocent. Just saying lets not jump to conclusions. 

We'll know more the next intl window

Seriously though. No need for the witch hunt.

After the initial knee jerk reaction we have our answer.

Edited by king1010

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

He is out of contract, isn't he?

No, he's still under contract by Fénix, but they're hearing for offers on him. This article mentions the fact that Defensor Sporting is interested in Lucas and mentions abroad interest from clubs though none are named.

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/cavallini-reactiva-la-chance-de-salir/

This article mentions that there are just rumours of him being sold to an Italian club, but they confirmed that another player is leaving to Fiorentina.

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/por-el-momento-solo-rumores/

And finally, this one mentions that a deal with Bologna fell through and that preseason will start on the 5th or the 7th of January

http://www.tenfield.com.uy/cavallini-se-cayo-pase-a-italia/

They've said that there were other options abroad, in the first link. So, I wouldn't be surprised if another club came with the right offer and it could be another Italian club, but I do think that it's something to watch in January. 

Edited by Blackdude