Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

13 minutes ago, 1996 said:

He has " retired from international football" lol ok we have not got any real confirmation of this, however if this is true maybe his parents should retire from Canada and go back were they came from, I've had just about enough of this shit from these players that turn their backs on Canada. 

Please don't say things like this, especially about players' families. It makes us all look bad.

Also, there is no "go back to where you came from" in Canada. We all came from somewhere. Context and history are your friends. If they are Canadian citizens then they are as Canadian as anyone else. End of story. 

40 minutes ago, 1996 said:

He has " retired from international football" lol ok we have not got any real confirmation of this, however if this is true maybe his parents should retire from Canada and go back were they came from, I've had just about enough of this shit from these players that turn their backs on Canada. 

You may wanna consider retiring from Internet commenting after this one.

Do we have any evidence Floro called him and he turned the call down? I mean, when Uruguay 1st division is on the international break, and he has a chance to play vs. Mexico? Do we honestly think the guy is nuts?

You score vs. Mexico, and better Canada gets a result and you score, and your whole fucken career sky-rockets. 

So by my logic, if Floro didn't call him: why the hell not!!??

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Do we have any evidence Floro called him and he turned the call down? I mean, when Uruguay 1st division is on the international break, and he has a chance to play vs. Mexico? Do we honestly think the guy is nuts?

You score vs. Mexico, and better Canada gets a result and you score, and your whole fucken career sky-rockets. 

Good point. 

I haven't seen any confirmation that Floro called him or not. He may not have been called at all. 

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I agree there's something odd about all this my guess is:

1- Floro has his philosophy of Turtle Turtle and Cavallini isn't part of his plans and would prefer a big target man up front;

2-Cavallini knows this and doesn't waste his time with the old stubborn man; or

3- Cavallini burnt too many bridges or CSA has him blacklisted. 

Don't think he is a borderline player when compared to the quality we have up front at striker. We regularly call up 2 sometimes 3 strikers. 

Cavillini is our 2nd best striking option. If committed I would call him up every time if we call up 2 strikers let alone calling up 3. 

And the fact that Larin goes missing playing for Canada and Lucas plays in latin american environments adds even more to his favor. 

I can't agree that he is a "borderline" call up. If he was committed he would be getting called every time.

Edited by king1010

31 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

He is a borderline player.

This is a ridiculous statement. Cavallini is as good or better than Haber at the moment and should be included in the squad. He's a classic goal poacher and his skills and physical traits should translate well to one of the Euro latin leagues (Spain or Italy). As great as Larin has been with his club we've yet to see him have much success with Canada at any level, something that cannot be said about Cavallini who has scored throughout his youth career (U20 and U23) for Canada.

Just now, jpg75 said:

This is a ridiculous statement. Cavallini is as good or better than Haber at the moment and should be included in the squad. He's a classic goal poacher and his skills and physical traits should translate well to one of the Euro latin leagues (Spain or Italy). As great as Larin has been with his club we've yet to see him have much success with Canada at any level, something that cannot be said about Cavallini who has scored throughout his youth career (U20 and U23) for Canada.

QFT

I would put Cavallini ahead of Haber and therefore would call him every camp. I've never seen either play a full match for their respective clubs so I don't have a huge sample size, just highlights and all the games they've played for Canada. 

That being said I think there's something different about Cavallini, he just doesn't seem to have the passion to play international football plain and simple. We don't understand because we would all die at the opportunity but he obviously doesn't. We don't know what his personal life is like, we don't know about his mentality or drive. We don't know what's going on and why he doesn't show up for us. He a right not  to play, it's disappointing but I accept it. 

First, let me apologize for disagreeing.  Don't want any hurt feelings here.

Secondly, what is everyone basing the Cavallini love on? Playing in Uruguay?  Looking half-decent during an Olympic tournament four/five years ago?  He scored one goal at the U20 level and one at the U23 level. 

Edited by El Hombre

Just now, El Hombre said:

First, let me apologize for disagreeing.  Don't want any hurt feelings here.

Secondly, what is everyone basing the Cavallini love on? Playing in Uruguay?  Looking half-decent during an Olympic tournament four/five years ago?

LOL.

But playing and scoring consistently in Uruguay though is what I base my opinion on. 

11 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Lucas knows the rules and so does Floro. Benito said that a full commitment is what he's thinking of, but he couldn't get it. 

Lucas has to tell us how he's feeling about the national team. He's gotta make us understand. 

When did Floro say this?

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

13 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Did he really scored throughout his youth career? I remember a goal (I think against the US) in the U23 tournament in 2012 but apart from that I don't remember him scoring. But I could be wrong.

Base on his club form, he's good enough to be called but I'm not ready to place him in front of Haber or Larin because of that. I would need to see him play with the MNT first.

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

LOL.

But playing and scoring consistently in Uruguay though is what I base my opinion on. 

Yeah, but that league looks bush league.  He's found his niche in his league for sure but there is absolutely nothing saying that this would translate to international competition, let alone a league with a little more oompf.  Until he moves on to another league or actually shows up for a Canadian game, I have him behind Larin, Haber, Ricketts and maybe even a couple others.

Edited by El Hombre

Yeah, but that league looks bush league.  He's found his niche in his league.  There is absolutely nothing saying that this would translate to international competition, let alone a league with a little more oompf.  Until he moves on to another league or actually shows up for a Canadian game, I have him behind Larin, Haber, Ricketts and maybe even a couple others.

Thats just crazy. Ricketts doesn't score in a crappy league. How does cavillini end up behind him when he is consistently scoring. 

I think you're being harsh because he doesn't commit to us. 

It appears we agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Thats just crazy. Ricketts doesn't score in a crappy league. How does cavillini end up behind him when he is consistently scoring. 

Right, but Ricketts scores on the international stage.  Whether that's because he shows up more than anything else would be up for debate.

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

It appears we agree to disagree. 

Please don't be mad.

Right, but he's also scoring in a league that I have a little respect for.  Again, completely biased view on my part.  (apologies).

Well we agree to disagree because i have a lot of respect for the Uruguayan league. Cavallini will likely be moving to Europe this summer and i think a lot of people will have changed opinions in the next 6 months.