Will Johnson

Sam

13 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

if we assume the police report is accurate, this is the kind of situation that would earn a slap on the wrist from an ontario court. johnson would be on his way with no guilty plea and no criminal record in 2 or 3 court appearances.  i imagine the same will occur in florida.  we will never know what exactly happened that day at WJ's house and it is really none of our business.  

perhaps the marital issues explain his absence from the national team picture recently.  

Gold Cup aside, wasn't he hurt recently?

11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

You get in vitriolic matrimonial arguments with your wife? Who would have thunk it?

Anyone married knows what I'm talking about Grizzly, without exception. If you don't or think i might be an exception, well I'm sure you have time to work something out still. And I'm not talking about an intimate relationship with an inanimate object, you know what I mean.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Mom always said no religion, no politics at the table.  We should have a dont discuss other peoples marriages/relationships.  And no comparing relative strengths of leagues while we are at it, unless you really do just want to argue.  :D 

Agreed. There are only a few rules out at the fish camp, but no religion and no politics top the small list. 

Let Johnson have his day. Then judge him.

Edited by Varsity Tyler

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Mom always said no religion, no politics at the table.  We should have a dont discuss other peoples marriages/relationships.  And no comparing relative strengths of leagues while we are at it, unless you really do just want to argue.  :D 

I agree we shouldn't talk about his marriage but this is about his actions which is why people are talking about it.

Honestly this thread should have been locked a while ago

10 minutes ago, matty said:

I agree we shouldn't talk about his marriage but this is about his actions which is why people are talking about it.

Locked for what? Nobody has stepped out of bounds and no guidelines have been broken.  There's nothing wrong with having a real life discussion, it seems like our society these days wants to shut down any conversation that is unpopular or uncomfortable. 

56 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Locked for what? Nobody has stepped out of bounds and no guidelines have been broken.  There's nothing wrong with having a real life discussion, it seems like our society these days wants to shut down any conversation that is unpopular or uncomfortable. 

Because the thread turned into a mess much like the original CPL one. I'm all for talking about issues (I've engaged in it here) but there's like 4 pages of dreck man (which was caused by me and you and most people who posted here in the last 3 days)

EDIT: Checked, almost half this thread is this conversation which is basically a drawn out shitpost. Sometimes locking a thread is a useful tool to prevent shitposting from overtaken actual conversation

BTW society wanting to shut down unpopular opinion or something uncomfortable is nothing new. I don't get why you include the "these days". In fact it's worse historically than it is in a lot of way

Edited by matty

15 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Anyone married knows what I'm talking about Grizzly, without exception. If you don't or think i might be an exception, well I'm sure you have time to work something out still. And I'm not talking about an intimate relationship with an inanimate object, you know what I mean.

I am well aware most married people or people in relationships have arguments. However, the level of vitriol in those arguments varies from couple to couple depending on the personalities involved. One might assume that the most vitriolic poster here would also have extremely vitriolic arguments with his spouse more so than the more reasoned and sane posters but it is entirely possible you are all peaches and honey and puppy dogs in person. As for inanimate objects, apparently sex dolls can now argue with you although it remains to be seen how vitriolic they will be:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39859939 

This post proves Matt is wrong about locking this thread! ;)

On 9/8/2017 at 11:06 PM, matty said:

Im not sure we even have mods anymore.  Ive not seen a thread locked on here in a very long time.  

32 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

How much longer until this investigation comes to an end and he can return to playing! 

He has to do rehab before he can play too. He's likely done for the season. Also let justice take it's time.

Also i don't think the legal matters are blocking his play.

Edited by matty

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

The MLS is so bush league. We reviewed the evidence, no assault, but we were correct in suspending him for...coincidentally, the exact time it took for the prosecution to announce they're not prosecuting.

How true. First they say "The evidence reviewed by the MLS league office does not establish that Johnson physically assaulted his wife." so there is no proof that any crime was committed but yet "Nonetheless, the league office has concluded that his overall conduct the night of the incident was not consistent with league policy."??? WTF? What exact league policy is that? To never get into anything controversial and accept that it is guilty until proven innocent in MLS?