2nd Friendly vs. France, 9 June 2024, 9:15 pm, Bordeaux

43 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Only because Westhead has tweeted "neutrally" about Copa America and the Netherlands friendly, I am assuming TSN will have both the Copa and the friendlies. 

Netherlands friendly is confirmed on OneSoccer.

7 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Love The Fu__ing Positivity 

I think we can draw France and win vs Chile and Peru. I don’t imagine France caring too much before the Euro ie a diplomatic draw.

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I'm wondering how many ranking points we would get per team with a win, draw or lose? Anybody have an idea?

If I've done my math right (and I'd certainly be up for someone verifying things but I think I followed FIFA's algorithm correctly):

Against France, 8.1 for a win, 3.1 for a draw, and -1.9 for a loss.

Against the Netherlands, 7.5 for a win, 2.5 for a draw, and -2.5 for a loss.

5 hours ago, Kent said:

My 5 game losing streak post came out of me not knowing how to convey that I am excited for the games, but there is also a fear that if we lose against the 3 top 10 teams, despite them all being very much expected results, it could potentially have my mindset low going into the still very difficult, but perhaps winnable last 2 group stage matches.

So I ended up with an "I don't know if I should laugh or cry" type of joke.

Thing is, if we lose to Netherlands, France and Argentina, then get out of our Copa group, the prep and demanding opponents will have served us properly. I don't care for getting ties with Netherlands and France--however fun-- and then losing three straight in Copa.

2 hours ago, Kingston said:

If I've done my math right (and I'd certainly be up for someone verifying things but I think I followed FIFA's algorithm correctly):

Against France, 8.1 for a win, 3.1 for a draw, and -1.9 for a loss.

Against the Netherlands, 7.5 for a win, 2.5 for a draw, and -2.5 for a loss.

Your Netherlands numbers matches this site, so I'm willing to trust your other numbers as well.
https://football-ranking.com/calculate?match=20240607_NED_CAN

It doesn't have the France match available yet.

2 hours ago, maplebanana said:

He just posted the exact same message on the Facebook group. I've seen him do these repeat postings on big soccer, here, and FB before as well. I have no idea why. His writing style is so unique it's impossible to miss. 

Dead internet theory?

2 hours ago, maplebanana said:

He just posted the exact same message on the Facebook group. I've seen him do these repeat postings on big soccer, here, and FB before as well. I have no idea why. His writing style is so unique it's impossible to miss. 

got himself/herself/robotself a reddit account too. receives the same feedback there

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The 25 players we can expect to face:

https://www.fff.fr/article/12507-les-vingt-cinq-bleus-pour-l-euro.html

The direct link to the document that lists the squad:

https://media.fff.fr/uploads/files/42c0eaa2af1e3158d270a9c971e06355.pdf

So many good players left had to be left off.

A complete second squad would be a challenge to face. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

So many good players left had to be left off.

A complete second squad would be a challenge to face. 

I'm surprised with some of the inclusions: Dayot has had a terrible season for Bayern, same for Muani at PSG, Kante in the Saudi league? and I thought Coman is injured?

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I'm surprised with some of the inclusions: Dayot has had a terrible season for Bayern, same for Muani at PSG, Kante in the Saudi league? and I thought Coman is injured?

We're sooo gonna kick their asses.  Where's Herdman with the bulletin board material?  The French will need it to motivate themselves.