Forge FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

Both Forge and Henry look bad in this situation. Forge exercised Henry's contract option, as is their right, but against the player's wishes. Henry is pouting and staying home rather than honouring the contract he signed. Compare this situation to a similar situation between Cavalry and Ben Fisk.

Fisk signed a 2 year contract with a club option for 2024 in January 2022. When he played away in Vancouver this past year, he knew immediately that was where he wanted to play. Instead of Cavalry exercising the contract option for 2024, as was their right, they worked out a deal with Vancouver to honour Fisk's wishes.

That is what a club does when they respect and value their players. The player is happy, and the club doesn't have any baggage with a player who wants to be elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting move. I'd be curious what the logic for both he and Monterrey is. He's 24, so not really a development project for Monterrey. He's on the cusp of being good enough for Liga MX, so he's likely at the top of the CPL talent scale, seems like he could have found a place in MLS. Looks like a promising replacement for James. 

Glad to see Forge have moved on from Henry, I don't know all of the details but leaving the team hanging before a prestigious Concacaf tie was inexcusable for me and I never wanted to see him in a Forge shirt again! Hopefully the 2 young keepers can do the job, you can't argue with Henry's record but I won't miss his antics!

On 3/23/2024 at 10:00 AM, gator said:

Glad to see Forge have moved on from Henry, I don't know all of the details but leaving the team hanging before a prestigious Concacaf tie was inexcusable for me and I never wanted to see him in a Forge shirt again! Hopefully the 2 young keepers can do the job, you can't argue with Henry's record but I won't miss his antics!

Seems likely this means they've moved on, but he's not on Memphis's roster, and he's still listed on Forge's. At this age, is Henry going to blow off a season? And is Forge going to pay a guy to sit at home if he says he's willing to come play? Just come to some resolution and move on, take some cash and get over it. Seems like a really poorly managed situation.

Details emerge on the goalscorer.

Edit: for the avoidance of doubt given recent bizarre posts in another thread I am not moved in any way by this scoreline beyond having a vague curiosity as to whether the Forge fielded something resembling their first team or used this game primarily to test out their quality in depth. Given the opponent drove all the way from Montreal for this it would be a bit off to do the latter to a huge extent given this will be part of CS Saint-Laurent preparing for their Canadian Championship game against Halifax.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

1 hour ago, K Edgar said:

Forge would get $$$'s?

According to transfermarkt they only have him on a contract until the international transfer window would open in Europe this summer so doubtful they would get a transfer fee. The biggest winner financially on solidarity payments might be Glen Shields if wikipedia is to be believed because he wasn't at Sigma that long either apparently.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kevaughn-tavernier/profil/spieler/1149058

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevaughn_Tavernier

Guess he must have made a big impression on Monaco in the 24' he was on the field against Chivas.

Steve Milton: ALLOW ME TO REINTRODUCE MYSELF

He's coming back as the country’s first two-sport, Multiplatform Columnist. This is a natural evolution of the creation of the Ticats Audio Network and the Forge Audio network, themselves a sharp departure from traditional sports broadcasting philosophy.

The teams’ respective websites, audio networks, podcasts and social media outlets, will combine to be the go-to source for all things –and I mean all things—Ticat and Forge. And everything will be on multiple platforms: print, audio and video.

We will institute a few of the best and timeless parts of the heritage journalism that is fading so quickly: there will be comprehensive notebooks on both sports, classic reporting and opinion/column pieces on the beauties, and the warts, of the Ticats and Forge.

Sports-media-wise, Hamilton is in an unusual position, caught between, and essentially ignored by, two major markets that have NHL and/or NFL, NBA and MLB teams. But the Ticats and Forge give Hamilton something distinct and proprietary. They are locally owned and operated, and so are their media programs which are now expanding. As the media world changes and new realities of shrinkage arrive almost without notice, who wouldn’t want to be part of a progressive group which has the confidence to substantially expand its media reach rather than contract it?

https://www.ticats.ca/2024/04/10/milton-allow-me-to-reintroduce-myself/