Oumar Diallo

Dominic94

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:43 PM, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Here’s some free advice to all young Canadian talent. They should stay the hell away from my inter unfortunately. That club is a dumpster fire, and also infamously refuse to give any of their youth a shot at first team football. 

Agreed. Very few youth do get called up, but being with such a big club is great for his resume. Training with the first team increases the likelihood of him playing first division football. We need more guys playing in the top leagues.

24 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think he did play like 30 minutes in the last game? So they are playing him, he just doesn’t seem like a top player for them. 

He played in the last game for Inter ‘s first team? I checked don’t see him in their Chanpions League game or their last Serie A game .

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

First team trainings an intresting one, Typically it’s just to fill bodies so you can do more stuff but they’re also not gonna pick the bad players in their academy. Promising but nothing to freak out about. 

This is a refreshing take after the back and forth in the Lucas Dias thread. 

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

First team trainings an intresting one, Typically it’s just to fill bodies so you can do more stuff but they’re also not gonna pick the bad players in their academy. Promising but nothing to freak out about. 

Its a good take but I'd love to know our record of euro youths who trained with the first team (who are no longer youth). Smith has seemed to sour our view. 

Examples I can think of:
piette - one of the appearance leaders of CMNT
millar - young and a great CMNT contributor
vitoria - arguably one of the best CMNT CB.... certainly was our best CB for a number of years.
Hoilett - an all time great 
ZBG? - Did he ever train with Lyons first team?
EDIT: Tabla - disappointing career so far. 

Guys with the jury out 
corbeanu, smith, dias, costa, diallo, jebbison, LDF, Colyn, JKL 

Im sure Im missing loads of examples but can anyone add some names ot my list? 

Edited by Bigandy

7 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Its a good take but I'd love to know our record of euro youths who trained with the first team (who are no longer youth). Smith has seemed to sour our view. 

Examples I can think of 
piette - one of the appearance leaders of CMNT
millar - young and a great CMNT contributor
vitoria - arguably one of the best CMNT CB.... certainly was our best CB for a number of years.
Hoilett - an all time great 
ZBG? - Did he ever train with Lyons first team?

Guys with the jury out 
corbeanu, smith, dias, costa, diallo, jebbison, LDF, Colyn, JKL 

Im sure Im missing loads of examples but can anyone add some names ot my list? 

Tabla with Barca, no? He played for them in one of those pre-season friendlies in the USA, so he would have obviously trained with them too.