CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

12 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

People have reported issues trying to stream two things on OneSoccer.

Sometimes they put one of the games on YouTube.

So they don’t have the ability to have more than one live stream at once on their platform  like the other streaming services like DAZN or Fubo ?

46 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So they don’t have the ability to have more than one live stream at once on their platform  like the other streaming services like DAZN or Fubo ?

No. They do if you have OneSoccer, but secondary services like Fubo that carry OneSoccer only carry the main channel. Sometimes they have put a second match on YouTube as well. I think issues mentioned were with trying to watch two games at once, from the same account on two different devices, but I think those were fixed

Edited by Aird25

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

No. They do if you have OneSoccer, but secondary services like Fubo that carry OneSoccer only carry the main channel. Sometimes they have put a second match on YouTube as well. I think issues mentioned were with trying to watch two games at once, from the same account on two different devices, but I think those were fixed

Oh ok well I have OneSoccer so it should not be an issue then , thanks for the reply.

12 hours ago, Aird25 said:

+ @SoccMan, it might depend on the devices/apps you are using. I haven't tried watching 2 concurrent games since year 1 or 2, but for what it's worth, these days if I use my laptop or smart TV browser to watch OneSoccer, the next time I try to use the app on my Roku device I have to sign in again. However, if I use the app on my iPhone, I do not get signed out of my Roku device.

My assumption/hope is that I will be able to watch one game on my iPhone and the other on my Roku. I don't think I would be able to watch one on my laptop and the other on the Roku.

14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think you have to give priority to a full national team match over a youth tournament.  Imagine a U-17 CONCACAF women’s game taking precedence over a men’s friendly?  

If it was a "win and you're in" WC qualifier vs. a meaningless men's team friendly, then I would actually totally understand it if they went with the women's youth match as the top priority (even though I wouldn't expect it to happen).

Mind you, I'm not sure how many meaningless men's team friendlies we'll be getting going forward for the next couple of years with all the nation's league matches, Gold Cups & (hopefully) Copa America, so for the time being it's probably a moot hypothetical. I am assuming that FIFA prep money for 2026 WC pre-tourney friendlies won't be given until at least 2025, but not sure if it works differently for host nations than for teams who qualify through merit.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:00 PM, gator said:

What happens with One Soccer, there will be an overlap of our Women's tournament match and our Men's U17 qualifier, can they show 2 live feeds on their platform, I have never checked that out before?

Confirmed by the man in charge that the U17 match will be on YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

Not sure how the Concacaf U17 rankings work but hopefully this mean we will be Top 4 and get Pot 1 for the next tournament

We are currently 5th. About 350 points behind Costa Rica and 500 points ahead of Panama. No idea how many poi ts we get for a win.

For the u20s we are ranked 12th!! Barely Pot 3.