CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

18 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

The u17 world cup teams have been set. Really hope we can get a good camp prior to. Have no idea how the other teams look, but we actually have some guys getting pro experience that we never had in the past.

Stefanovic is obviously the huge one. With getting some time with TFC I expect him to captain the team.

Rigopoulos (Toronto) and Badwal (Vancouver) have both played in MLS next pro this year.

Tahid has been a regular for Vancouver in the CPL this year.

Hopefully, they can make the knockout round at least. In the coming year, with CPL I think we will start to take a big leap forward in these youth competitions.

I hope so, biggest thing is that the Can PL and even these MLS teams have to start playing their 16, 17 and 18 year olds regularly, instead of waiting until 19 and 20.

There are more kids who can make an impact at this age, we do have them we just don’t play them. 

19 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

The u17 world cup teams have been set. Really hope we can get a good camp prior to. Have no idea how the other teams look, but we actually have some guys getting pro experience that we never had in the past.

Stefanovic is obviously the huge one. With getting some time with TFC I expect him to captain the team.

Rigopoulos (Toronto) and Badwal (Vancouver) have both played in MLS next pro this year.

Tahid has been a regular for Vancouver in the CPL this year.

Hopefully, they can make the knockout round at least. In the coming year, with CPL I think we will start to take a big leap forward in these youth competitions.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of these CPL guys in the U17 (I guess just Tahid for now?). If Lowell Wright was able to look like our best player by far, some actual high potential prospects might really pop off.