CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

20 hours ago, Footyeh said:

I don't even think they picked some of the best players from within the 3 MLS sides 😁

Joses Chukwu (#9) & Tyler Londono (#6) from TFC would be big upgrades from the qualifying roster.

If these guys can help out  lets give them a call. Was Chukwu on trail in Europe during the U17s qualifying

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 2:36 PM, Ivan said:

So final squad of 20 so they had to cut three?  I guess Guardiero, Landicho and Klukowski were the final 3 cuts?

He was called up for a Polish U16 camp which was taking place around the same time. 

https://www.pzpn.pl/reprezentacje/reprezentacje-mlodziezowe/reprezentacja-u-16/aktualnosci/2023-02-07/u-16-powolania-na-zgrupowanie-w-siedlcach-w-dniach-17-19-lutego

Edited by Buchta

Here's a better place for this info: Apparently MLS Season Pass is broadcasting some of the Generation Adidas Cup which would feature some players from this team.  They are showing CF Montreal's U17 team tomorrow at 4:30pm against Flamengo.  Expect to see Biello and De Montigny among others. 

TFC's game was broadcast earlier today so there's an outside chance that the replay will be posted.  Doesn't look like any VWFC games are being broadcasted unless they move on to the next round. 

I can't seem to track down a Twitter account for the VWFC academy to see who played in their 3-1 loss to ManU.

2 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Here's a better place for this info: Apparently MLS Season Pass is broadcasting some of the Generation Adidas Cup which would feature some players from this team.  They are showing CF Montreal's U17 team tomorrow at 4:30pm against Flamengo.  Expect to see Biello and De Montigny among others. 

TFC's game was broadcast earlier today so there's an outside chance that the replay will be posted.  Doesn't look like any VWFC games are being broadcasted unless they move on to the next round. 

I can't seem to track down a Twitter account for the VWFC academy to see who played in their 3-1 loss to ManU.

https://twitter.com/WFCAcademy/status/1642248147790594050?s=20

Read there are 3 main reasons.

First, severe flooding has meant they have emergency infrastructure needs.

Next, but not explicit, the political situation is very unstable.

Then, they are late executing construction commitments for the tournament. Odd, because they have a league and surely enough stadiums.

Final unsaid: after taking the u20 away from Indonesia, this makes it look like they're not picking on just one country for those specific reasons.

I suspect they'll keep Peru in it and look for an already qualified country to host.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I suspect they'll keep Peru in it and look for an already qualified country to host.

They may not. Peru is still playing qualifying (I guess originally planned as practice for the host nation?)

I would have a good chuckle if Indonesia hosted the U17s instead of the U20s since Israel didn't make it to the final UEFA qualifying round.

36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They may not. Peru is still playing qualifying (I guess originally planned as practice for the host nation?)

I would have a good chuckle if Indonesia hosted the U17s instead of the U20s since Israel didn't make it to the final UEFA qualifying round.

Why reward Indonesia because some of their politicians, and clearly not all, were willing to throw the entire project out so they could blatantly discriminate a FIFA member?

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 10:12 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Am I a prophet? :D:D:D

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/fifa-council/media-releases/fifa-council-appoints-united-states-as-host-of-new-and-expanded-fifa-club-world-cup

Our boys are going to Indonesia!

On 4/4/2023 at 10:49 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why reward Indonesia because some of their politicians, and clearly not all, were willing to throw the entire project out so they could blatantly discriminate a FIFA member?

FIFA gonna FIFA!  :P

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VinceA said:

Stefan Lazovic has gone pro. Question is does Canada even know about him?

C'mon now!

Do they know about him?

They probably need you to tell them that Lazar Stefanovic and Stefan Lazovic are different guys.

Meme Reaction GIF

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

The u17 world cup teams have been set. Really hope we can get a good camp prior to. Have no idea how the other teams look, but we actually have some guys getting pro experience that we never had in the past.

Stefanovic is obviously the huge one. With getting some time with TFC I expect him to captain the team.

Rigopoulos (Toronto) and Badwal (Vancouver) have both played in MLS next pro this year.

Tahid has been a regular for Vancouver in the CPL this year.

Hopefully, they can make the knockout round at least. In the coming year, with CPL I think we will start to take a big leap forward in these youth competitions.

56 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

The u17 world cup teams have been set. Really hope we can get a good camp prior to. Have no idea how the other teams look, but we actually have some guys getting pro experience that we never had in the past.

Stefanovic is obviously the huge one. With getting some time with TFC I expect him to captain the team.

Rigopoulos (Toronto) and Badwal (Vancouver) have both played in MLS next pro this year.

Tahid has been a regular for Vancouver in the CPL this year.

Hopefully, they can make the knockout round at least. In the coming year, with CPL I think we will start to take a big leap forward in these youth competitions.

Has a roster been released?

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am hoping we get so see the games (I am assuming OS would show…?).   And I agree - some preparatory time in advance would be a good investment as a way of ensuring we are ready to compete.  

I believe TSN has the rights to FIFA events