CONCACAF U17 qualifying: Guatemala Feb 2023 ( + preparation & news )

That's a tough road. Haiti can be tricky, while Costa Rica are always challenging. 

Also, interesting that Suriname and Curacao never made the knockouts, while teams like DR and PR did, Bermuda too. I guess their come up at the senior level hasn't filtered down to the youth level yet. I imagine they don't get as much out of the Dutch at the U17, but I still expected better than this. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

That's a tough road. Haiti can be tricky, while Costa Rica are always challenging. 

Also, interesting that Suriname and Curacao never made the knockouts, while teams like DR and PR did, Bermuda too. I guess their come up at the senior level hasn't filtered down to the youth level yet. I imagine they don't get as much out of the Dutch at the U17, but I still expected better than this. 

Dominican Republic finished 2nd in u20 Concacaf qualifying last year. Something we can only ever dream of at the u20 level.

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Dominican Republic finished 2nd in u20 Concacaf qualifying last year. Something we can only ever dream of at the u20 level.

Thanks for this, a few days ago I was trying to remember what DR team it was that upset us a while ago. I think this was the team, no?

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Thanks for this, a few days ago I was trying to remember what DR team it was that upset us a while ago. I think this was the team, no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_CONCACAF_U-20_Championship

No, we lost to powerhouse Guatemala and Cuba.

Edited by Soccerpro2

15 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

How did Joses get skipped for the U17s?  He was a standout for TFC when I watched him play.  He's a 2007 so the same age as Mackenzie and Fung.  Strange.

Maybe the Hert Berlin trial is more important for his long term career then a u tournament. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

To those who have watch Hugo Mbongue and Joses Chukwu, are they comparable players or does one have greater potential than the other?

I have watched both but am terrible at evaluating talent.  What I do know is that no matter how they turn out it will be either directly due to (if negative) or despite of (if positive) TFC's youth program.  Book it!

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

Which is normally a huge Baseball country , The Dominican Republic is starting to embrace Soccer  if they can at least half of what they do in Baseball they can be a emerging nation in CONCACAF 

18 hours ago, El Hombre said:

How did Joses get skipped for the U17s?  He was a standout for TFC when I watched him play.  He's a 2007 so the same age as Mackenzie and Fung.  Strange.

Earlier talk was he was carrying an injury.  He missed the December camp.  If he was healthy and didn't make the team, it would be surprising since his younger brother made it.