Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

4 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Not very good. Might have had a good start. But the 2nd was bad. Had a good challenge, but looked very shaky and made a bunch of amateurish mistakes.

I am supper happy that Cornelius and Kennedy are playing well. 

Agreed, I'm not sure him or Chung are quite ready but early days still.  TFC should never have been in this game from the start but the new, young guys played quite well in the first half in their first starts, so I am very happy about that.

MacNaughton looks quite slow out there.  I don't watch as much CPL as many here so I cannot comment to much on his play.

Last year we complained that if TFC was going to lose, they might as well lose playing Canadians well it looks like that's going to happen this year.  What was it like 10 Canadians played today?  And both Akinola and Shaffelburg were not among the 10.

Edited by Corazon

I half stopped paying attention after Columbus scored the two goals but overall I thought the two CPLers looked great. TFC's general team defending needs improvement and they seem to lose focus a lot but individually MacNaughton and Chung made some good plays. Happy to see it as a CPL fan.

13 minutes ago, Bdog said:

I half stopped paying attention after Columbus scored the two goals but overall I thought the two CPLers looked great. TFC's general team defending needs improvement and they seem to lose focus a lot but individually MacNaughton and Chung made some good plays. Happy to see it as a CPL fan.

I think Bono has to go, Bradley was solid but he’s not Tam level, the kids needs time and Oso needs a rest. 

6 minutes ago, Ivan said:

He was okay.  Maybe could have done better on the first goal?  Perhaps lost his net a bit?

Like 7 players fail to get to a weak cross. Then a flick before zelarayen hits it, he’s adjusted through the whole play. I don’t know that I can say he should have done better without torching everyone else  involved in that play. 

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Like 7 players fail to get to a weak cross. Then a flick before zelarayen hits it, he’s adjusted through the whole play. I don’t know that I can say he should have done better without torching everyone else  involved in that play. 

Nobody was cognizant of the danger on the edge of the penalty area.  A straight line of seven guys which is nice for group photo but no so good when you are addressing the potential trouble spots.  

5 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I thought both MacNaughton and Chung looked good. In fact the whole defence looked good. In the second half the midfield and forwards just couldn't keep possession of the ball. The defence was going to concede a goal eventually with the constant pressure.

I agree. Priso had a really bad game after he came on… I think he only completed like 9/15 passes and TFC couldn’t the ball out of their own half. 

Edited by Craig11rm

18 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

I agree. Priso had a really bad game after he came on… I think he only completed like 9/15 passes and TFC couldn’t the ball out of their own half. 

Unfortunately the game turned when he came on. I imagine the narrative surrounding the other players would be different otherwise.