Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's only because that's exactly what he said after sticking his leg recklessly into Messi. 

In a press conference. Gloating like fuck, smug as shit. Just watch it, it's a few posts up. Pathetic.

He's the professional, not me. If he had the maturity of a 16 year old he would have shut his trap. 

I'm not the only one thinking exactly the same thing. In fact you can be sure he's thinking it too.

This is good for the league. Messi is an adversary, his fans don't care about these games, they just care about a player putting an entire continent's soccer culture to shame. I'm happy that LMN gave him the business and then stood on business after the game. The players should treat Messi for what he is- a high paid mercenary who came to Miami to retire and play backyard soccer against token defenses so that Lebron and Victoria Beckham and Beyonce and Speed can sit by the sidelines and have their pictures taken at the right time. I say fuck that, and every team should have a guy like Lukas ready to handle Messi this same way.

You reap what you sow though and any flak he gets now that he's injured is on him. Hopefully he comes back strong though. I've done a 180 on my previous take that "he will have more success as a professional model than as a soccer player", and I think he could've contributed to our NT in some capacity.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's only because that's exactly what he said after sticking his leg recklessly into Messi. 

In a press conference. Gloating like fuck, smug as shit. Just watch it, it's a few posts up. Pathetic.

He's the professional, not me. If he had the maturity of a 16 year old he would have shut his trap. 

I'm not the only one thinking exactly the same thing. In fact you can be sure he's thinking it too.

Sorry but quoting him after he gets injured does then come off as being even more immature, no?

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Just now, Bison44 said:

If I remember correctly Messi wasnt injured and scored later in the game after the tackle.  

He may have been able to finish out the game (I don't remember), but he was definitely injured as he missed several matches for both club and country afterwards.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Sorry but quoting him after he gets injured does then come off as being even more immature, no?

I don't wish an injury on anyone, it is a shame for him. But it was not caused by a rival, it was fortuitous. 

But it's okay for the board to hear what a lot of people are saying, and if I have to channel it, fine. I'm a terrible human being. Not as terrible as the resident woke virtue signalers would like us to think, but pretty bad. 

Anyways, my opinion on this is irrelevant, I did not make cocky statements after a game and then, next match vs. the same team, get humiliated by my play and come down injured. 

Maybe he should concentrate on his modelling career because models have to speak to the press even less than footballers.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't wish an injury on anyone, it is a shame for him. But it was not caused by a rival, it was fortuitous. 

But it's okay for the board to hear what a lot of people are saying, and if I have to channel it, fine. I'm a terrible human being. Not as terrible as the resident woke virtue signalers would like us to think, but pretty bad. 

Anyways, my opinion on this is irrelevant, I did not make cocky statements after a game and then, next match vs. the same team, get humiliated by my play and come down injured. 

Maybe he should concentrate on his modelling career because models have to speak to the press even less than footballers.

Mate, I so much enjoy learning from you and sharpening my debating chops.

This type of thing and your biases just seem throw all that out the window and does so much of your other posting a disservice.

But each to their own. Carry on, I probably just  will call you on it, sometimes.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Mate, I so much enjoy learning from you and sharpening my debating chops.

This type of thing and your biases just seem throw all that out the window and does so much of your other posting a disservice.

But each to their own. Carry on, I probably just  will call you on it, sometimes.

We are just talking about the typical narratives that drive passion for the game.  Sometimes they are not as mature as they would be if I were making a living from having opinions about football.