TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

Tomorrow's home game against Portland is the first time in a long time that the MLS website odds have TFC as the favourite.

Kaye is listed as "questionable" instead of "out" on the league injury report.  Maybe we could see him start to ease back into the lineup?

18 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Tomorrow's home game against Portland is the first time in a long time that the MLS website odds have TFC as the favourite.

Kaye is listed as "questionable" instead of "out" on the league injury report.  Maybe we could see him start to ease back into the lineup?

Pro line+ has Toronto as 10/1 to win MLS Cup.  I believe this is what they call "The Paisano Effect". 😉

TFC sits near the bottom of a huge logjam of teams fighting for the final playoff spots in the East. 

They are currently in 12th but sit only four points out of sixth (and five points out of fifth). It’s going to take a continuation of their current form right through the end of the season to get in — and even then they need several teams above them to falter.

It’s not impossible given the massive talent injection but still a huge hill to climb.

5 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses might be enough based on my crude calculations.

They have 4 home games left.

This week will be interesting. New England on Wednesday, the team they tied 0-0 on the road a few weeks back. Then away to Miami on Saturday, a team that seems rejuvinated with the addition of Pozuelo.

Both teams ahead of TFC and also in the playoffs hunt.

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

playoff line was 48 points in both east and west last year...if its the case again toronto would need 6 wins 1 draw in 9 games

That will be tough if needed this year.  They are playing well at the moment but 6 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses would be a tough ask.

I hope they make it as I think they have a shot to go pretty far if they do which will keep at least 4 national team members playing leading into the World Cup 

11 hours ago, Kingston said:

As I said a long time ago, it will be tight for TFC to make the playoffs but if they do squeak in as number six or seven, they will be the "underdog" that no one wants to face.

For sure, they look like a top four team right now, winning by multiple goals (the ref gave Nashville a couple of gifts to be honest. Insigne, Bernardeschi, Lareya and Osorio, thats quite the foursome!

Well the italian reinforcements are as advertised.  Who the hell can hit a cross body volley from that far out and hit the top corner???  World class...could be up for goal of the year.  Still think its just a little too late.  

Ballsy of Bradley to go with Ayo, maybe that'll shake Jesus out of his funk.  I thought if anyone would take advantage of playing with the italians it would have been him.