TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

12 minutes ago, Cadeau said:

Well, at least TFC had a goalie that gave a crap tonight, and from a CANMNT perspective, Laryea and Henry looked solid. But Kaye looks like he needs guidance.

I actually thought Laryea has been hot and cold the last couple of games.  He started of the reunion tour playing really well and it made me think he would pick up right where he left off - playing in a way that earned him a move to the Championship.  But the last couple of games he has looked a bit sloppy to me.   Still some great moments but also some times where he gives it away too easily or fails to make the right decision.  

MAK is a bit worrying.  Given Atiba’s situation and the general lack of depth in our midfield, it would be really nice to see him hit a good run of form.  Unfortunately he hasn’t been looking like a WC-calibre player since coming back into the line up.  

6 hours ago, Ivan said:

Agree with the sentiment on here.  Kaye and Okello were terrible last night.  Not a good game from Nelson either, the first poor showing from him in a while. Laryea, Henry, MacNaughton and Akinola were all decent to good IMHO.

I'd say Nelsen getting shifted to the wing had a lot to do with his inefective play.  But it couldnt be helped..you sure werent playing Okello there and Shaff is in nashville.  Its too bad the corner defense was so poor as Westberg made some excellent saves and didnt deserve to have 4 goals hung on him.  

22 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I'd say Nelsen getting shifted to the wing had a lot to do with his inefective play.  But it couldnt be helped..you sure werent playing Okello there and Shaff is in nashville.  Its too bad the corner defense was so poor as Westberg made some excellent saves and didnt deserve to have 4 goals hung on him.  

He did really well on the penalty stop and the save off the giveaway prior to the first goal but he has always needed more of a presence in claiming crosses from corners.  The corner on the first goal had enough hang time and was on the six yard box but Westberg's original positioning was very close to the line and he stayed camped there. That would have been a meat and drink claim for the more condor wing spanned keepers in this league.

I have never rated either TFC keeper, as I have opined on here.  Time to move on from both.

Edited by BearcatSA

50 minutes ago, Kingston said:

As much as he gets overshadowed by the DPs, missing Osorio is a huge part of this team's issues right now.  We miss his presence in the midfield where his steady play lets everyone else focus on their own strengths.  Our record with and without Osorio in the line up speaks for itself.

Huge absence.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Kingston said:

As much as he gets overshadowed by the DPs, missing Osorio is a huge part of this team's issues right now.  We miss his presence in the midfield where his steady play lets everyone else focus on their own strengths.  Our record with and without Osorio in the line up speaks for itself.

Agreed, team MVP this year IMHO.

5 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

Since the season is pretty much over for them now…Does anyone like Larin as the third DP. I believe it’s a deal that can get done, and he would be way cheaper than the Italians. 

If we're going to use our third DP slot up front, I'd like that a lot.

We may be better off using it in mid-field (especially if Osorio goes) or defense, however.