TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I mathed out that 7 wins and 4 loses might be enough to do it.

Question is can they.

TFC play five more games at home and six away.

Five games are against opponents that are currently above the playoff line and six are against opponents who are currently out of the playoffs.

Four of the games are away to playoff teams.  Let's call those losses.

Four of the games are home to non-playoff teams.  Let's call those wins.

The remaining three, which need to be wins by your math, are two away games to non-playoff teams (Miami and Atlanta) and one home game against Montreal.

This is doable but very difficult.

Make the playoffs or not, they have to at least appear to be "giving it all" eh?  When you spend a gazillion dollars on Italian take out, whats another 224k of Garber bucks??   They have upgraded about as much as they can..FBs, Henry and wingers...the CDN kids who got lots of minutes early will slide down to bench contributors..and you make do with the strikers you have.  

Poor Lareya, I really feel for him with this european nightmare, this move will let him be sharp for the WC.  

1 hour ago, SoCalTransport said:

I know everyone is creaming in their pants about mcnaughton on this forum, but I don’t see it, he is very bad on possession, and is a borderline MLS player at best. I think his good looks are hypnotizing y’all 😜 Exciting game tonight though.

Yep, he's definitely lacking on possession ability. A couple times when he got pressured deep, he just launched it as far up field as he could. Could tell there was no confidence to make a play back there