WCQ: Mexico vs Canada - Thursday, Oct 7, 9:40pm Eastern / 6:40pm Pacific - Mexico City

7 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Would much prefer leaving Davies off to start.  Guys, he can’t play all three games in this window 

You’re right. He’s not as durable/Ironman as we would want him to be. However I don’t think Davies will play the home game. Meaning he plays in Mexico and Jamaica.

I just don’t want to see a full blown weak squad, where we are susceptible to goals against going up. 

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

I like this lineup but Adekugbe instead of Phonzie or Laryea on left and Johnston on right...Phonzie and Tajon on as subs (assuming points are still there to be had) in the second half

I like that, maybe try and replicate the Gold Cup and hold them off but conditions should make this game much different.  At least it won't be at high noon

uFHUlEY.jpg

Best case scenario- we run out the 1B team and save our studs until late in the game to nick 1 or 3 points.  Or gunners and a win!

next best- we play our 1B saving the studs and if the game is close as in the GC semi and they score a late one to get a result but we have another “morale” boosting game.

third best - we play the top dogs for 60 and keep the game close but get some rest for the final 2 games.

Devastating option - we run out or top players for the full game assuming a result and Mexico scores after the 80th leaving our guys exhausted for games 2,3 .

3 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Best case scenario- we run out the 1B team and save our studs until late in the game to nick 1 or 3 points.  Or gunners and a win!

next best- we play our 1B saving the studs and if the game is close as in the GC semi and they score a late one to get a result but we have another “morale” boosting game.

third best - we play the top dogs for 60 and keep the game close but get some rest for the final 2 games.

Devastating option - we run out or top players for the full game assuming a result and Mexico scores after the 80th leaving our guys exhausted for games 2,3 .

Almost certainly going to be your devastating option. But our exhausted guys are still better than Jamaica and panama

4 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Anyone know of a bar in Toronto that would show this closer to Yonge and Dundas? I'll be getting out of No Time To Die right before game time there lol.

Best bet is probably the Jack Astors in the square there but who knows with baseball etc on

1 minute ago, theaub said:

Best bet is probably the Jack Astors in the square there but who knows with baseball etc on

Yeah these places will be mostly tuned into baseball, football, and basketball (Raps preseason)... I can always zip home if I really need to but maybe it's possible to get one sympathetic bartender to change one TV.

3 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Yeah these places will be mostly tuned into baseball, football, and basketball (Raps preseason)... I can always zip home if I really need to but maybe it's possible to get one sympathetic bartender to change one TV.

Shark Club inside the cinema complex may be an option. Managed to get a CCL viewing there after a movie , a weeknight game, in Feb.

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Is that it or was it Portugal 5 USA 0.  I was thinking of posting that traditional homage to Doyle G :)

Yes, it was in reference to Doyle G's freezing cold take ahead of the 2002 World Cup match between Portugal and the U.S.

2 minutes ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Shark Club inside the cinema complex may be an option. Managed to get a CCL viewing there after a movie , a weeknight game, in Feb.

Cool, I'll give that a shot.

And yeah, 817 isn't all that far away really if necessary. I live even closer than that, would just like to immediately hit a bar after the movie since it'll be tight.

Thanks!