WCQ: Mexico vs Canada - Thursday, Oct 7, 9:40pm Eastern / 6:40pm Pacific - Mexico City

1 minute ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

How about?

David

Osorio Kaye Buchanan

Piette Eustaquio

Adekugbe Vittoria Cornelius Johnston

Crepeau

At this point, I think Herman should assume neither Larin nor Cavallini will be fit for any games this window. I’d rather have David be good to go for Jamaica and Panama. If we go the B/B+ team route  I think we just stick an energy guy up front who can run for 45-60 mins and sub out for David if we’re competitive. Millar maybe? He scored a tidy finish on the break for Basel this week.  

Kaye, Buchanan, Vitoria, Adekugbe are all on yellow cards (as is Laryea). I would still start almost all of them anyways, but it’s worth noting. 

Maybe something like this in possession:

Millar- Buchanan             

Kaye-Piette-Eustaquio

Adekugbe                                                              Laryea

Cornelius/Henry - Vitoria - Johnson

Crepeau

Morph into a 5-4-1 on defence with one of Millar or Buchanan dropping into a winger role. 

1 hour ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

How about?

David

Osorio Kaye Buchanan

Piette Eustaquio

Adekugbe Vittoria Cornelius Johnston

Crepeau

Can they do that? Steal our players. I know it's CONCACA and almost everything is permissible but that's too much.

55 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Was it mental illness?

I hope whatever is wrong with him he has a full recovery, in saying that it is good news we don't have that card happy useless prick in charge tonight as a bunch of cards will definitely hurt our depth in upcoming matches!

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Was it mental illness?

Can't say I found that funny.

30 minutes ago, Trois Reds said:

Yellow fever.

Much better. ;)

1 hour ago, sstackho said:

My apologies if this was already posted and I missed it.

@sstackho , I posted about it already but no apologies necessary. When a thread gets to 14+ pages it's easy to scroll by stuff and miss it.

2 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

I will be disappointed if David or Davies starts.  Bring them on for the last 20 or so if we have a shot at something but that's it.

Davies yes - but we have no legit options other than JD up top. He kind of has to start IMO

16 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

I will be disappointed if David or Davies starts.  Bring them on for the last 20 or so if we have a shot at something but that's it.

I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed. Also, why not start them? You can always sub them off if you need. We need a strong start and Herdman and the boys are not rolling over. I think that should be obvious for everyone: we're going there to win . Davies is young and fit, ease your worried mind.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Davies yes - but we have no legit options other than JD up top. He kind of has to start IMO

Unless we call in Tesho/Ricketts/etc, someone who is not a striker is going to play striker in this window. Almost guaranteed. Might as well be in the lowest percentage game.

Realistically we are not going to be breaking down a low block in this game, so all we need from a striker is some speed, ability to hold up the ball, and ability to finish a fast break. For me that’s Buchanan. He can create isolated on his own, he can drift into channels on either wing and cause problems.  

Brym

Shaffleburg

Millar            Piette                   Fraser        Kaye

Laryea             Cornelius           Henry          ZBG

Pantemis

We keep most of our starters fresh for the 2 most important matches in this window, maybe Osorio instead of Piette or Fraser, our fearless youth has a go at Mexico and learns a lot in a match we are not expecting anything from anyway!

1 minute ago, gator said:

Brym

Shaffleburg

Millar            Piette                   Fraser        Kaye

Laryea             Cornelius           Henry          ZBG

Pantemis

We keep most of our starters fresh for the 2 most important matches in this window, maybe Osorio instead of Piette or Fraser, our fearless youth has a go at Mexico and learns a lot in a match we are not expecting anything from anyway!

Lambs to the slaughter.