World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

Just now, Cblake said:

Ok , sounds good, especially if something is going to go on there. I just typical in the past have avoided the Ex grounds for parking. 

Yeah, with good reason.  We need people to break their routines for this game.   Doesn't mean you have to park there of course... just we need to do this differently.

2 hours ago, admin said:

We are going to ask people to both come early and cough up the $30 for parking for this game. 

It's not set, details to come, but I think we just take over the south lot pre game.  We will have membership packages for people there.  But again, this is still tentative.  

Stadium will open early at 6:00.  We never want to see a player tweet again about who is in the stadium at kick off.  Toronto needs to drop its fashionably late tendency for this game.   

Team bus arrives at 5:45, and we have been ASKED to be there.  Last two games it was all Hondo an El Sal fans.  Our players literally got booed going into their own stadium.

If anyone has ideas on how to make that bus arrival epic.   Speak up now, we have very little time to organize

I assume it's at the south lot that the team bus enters? I'll be there for sure and wait for further details. We owe this to the boys.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Yeah, with good reason.  We need people to break their routines for this game.   Doesn't mean you have to park there of course... just we need to do this differently.

Completely agree with this. Anything to bring everyone together rather than scattered throughout the bars of Liberty Village is a win win in my eyes. Cheers 🍻 to all the hard work behind all the efforts for this monumental match. 

59 minutes ago, David Pinto said:

So north west part of he parking lot, what time? I may have just booked myself for a meeting starting at 3pm. 

So Herdman has asked us to be there to greet the bus.  When they arrived at the last two game is was all Hondo and El Sal fans.   So we hope to do something good, not sure what that is yet. Waiting for some details to come in.

Now I am not saying this is a tailgate. If it was a tailgate, I would call it a tailgate. It would be irresponsible to call it a tailgate when it is clearly not a tailgate.  

Still working out the details, will make a post soon. 

4-5 Stadium Set up.  Will need 20 people.
5-5:45 Clearly not a tailgate - give out bus swag packs for people that arrive early and membership packages
5:45-6:00 Bus arrives 
6:00 Stadium opens fill the stands so we never see a Borjan tween again

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

So I wonder if they will open up more sales now.

I would certainly think so, as the game is four days after these new measures come into effect. It will be interested to see when they put the extra seats on sale . Would this not also not make about another 1,000 seats available in the south end ? 

I have one extra ticket for sale.

Section 120, Row 14.

I paid a little north of $75, so I'd like to get $75.

If interested, it's probably easier to contact me on Facebook, I'm a member of the Voyageurs group.  I just started a post today, so I should be easy to find.

Edited by devioustrevor

12 hours ago, RS said:

The buses unload just south of Gate 5.

Yep, in the southwest corner of the stadium. See where there is that patch of grass on the left side of the below photo, thats where the teams arrive. 

image.png.884ddabb5f7ee2acc1861bdafa050d72.png

Edited by Cblake

17 hours ago, admin said:

So Herdman has asked us to be there to greet the bus.  When they arrived at the last two game is was all Hondo and El Sal fans.   So we hope to do something good, not sure what that is yet. Waiting for some details to come in.

Now I am not saying this is a tailgate. If it was a tailgate, I would call it a tailgate. It would be irresponsible to call it a tailgate when it is clearly not a tailgate.  

Still working out the details, will make a post soon. 

4-5 Stadium Set up.  Will need 20 people.
5-5:45 Clearly not a tailgate - give out bus swag packs for people that arrive early and membership packages
5:45-6:00 Bus arrives 
6:00 Stadium opens fill the stands so we never see a Borjan tween again

I have always wondered about this: we are nowhere near where other countries are yet in terms of "soccer fan" culture, and I am happy that Herdman and CSA are communicating with us to slowly but surely rectify this, starting with this initiative of greeting the team bus with Canada fans and not by opposing fans. Clearly it's part of the gamesmanship that they engage in. In 2008 qualifying game against Honduras in Montreal, when my buddies and I drove in the parking lot, Hondurans were set up early with their flags and colors, and were jeering and trolling every Canadian car coming into lot (non violently I want to specify of course).

But when it comes to stadium attendance, where outside of Canada (US maybe?) do you see away fans buying mass tickets in home sections? It's just simply not permitted or tolerated. I was lucky enough to score Liverpool tickets for the game against Barcelona in 2019. On the ticket it explicitly stated that it's for home section and if you come to game with away team colors and/or cheer for them, stadium has the right to deny you entry into stadium or kick you out with no refund of course. I am pretty sure that the 2 dudes to my left were Barcelona fans cause they were awfully quiet given what was happening on the pitch. But they were in neutral colors, not Barcelona colors.

Look, I believe we are at the beginning of a major shift and country is getting slowly but surely on this train, and attendance issues will be less of an issue. But isn't there something they could do to deter this practice? Or is it illegal in Canada to do that?

20 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

I have always wondered about this: we are nowhere near where other countries are yet in terms of "soccer fan" culture, and I am happy that Herdman and CSA are communicating with us to slowly but surely rectify this, starting with this initiative of greeting the team bus with Canada fans and not by opposing fans. Clearly it's part of the gamesmanship that they engage in. In 2008 qualifying game against Honduras in Montreal, when my buddies and I drove in the parking lot, Hondurans were set up early with their flags and colors, and were jeering and trolling every Canadian car coming into lot (non violently I want to specify of course).

But when it comes to stadium attendance, where outside of Canada (US maybe?) do you see away fans buying mass tickets in home sections? It's just simply not permitted or tolerated. I was lucky enough to score Liverpool tickets for the game against Barcelona in 2019. On the ticket it explicitly stated that it's for home section and if you come to game with away team colors and/or cheer for them, stadium has the right to deny you entry into stadium or kick you out with no refund of course. I am pretty sure that the 2 dudes to my left were Barcelona fans cause they were awfully quiet given what was happening on the pitch. But they were in neutral colors, not Barcelona colors.

Look, I believe we are at the beginning of a major shift and country is getting slowly but surely on this train, and attendance issues will be less of an issue. But isn't there something they could do to deter this practice? Or is it illegal in Canada to do that?

This is Canada.  The racism/ discrimination angle would come thick and fast from the usual suspects of news outlets and activists.  

21 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

This is Canada.  The racism/ discrimination angle would come thick and fast from the usual suspects of news outlets and activists.  

I thought of that as well but they have activists in other countries too...found the e-mail when I purchased the ticket and here is what was literally at the top of the invoice in bold letters. Not inserted at the bottom of page in fine print.

Important Information:
Please read the important information below:
This Liverpool FC Hotel & Ticket Break is for home supporters. If you are at the match to support the opposition, you will be
refused entry to the stadium or you will be ejected.

27 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

I thought of that as well but they have activists in other countries too...found the e-mail when I purchased the ticket and here is what was literally at the top of the invoice in bold letters. Not inserted at the bottom of page in fine print.

Important Information:
Please read the important information below:
This Liverpool FC Hotel & Ticket Break is for home supporters. If you are at the match to support the opposition, you will be
refused entry to the stadium or you will be ejected.

Even the most wack-job journalist or activist in the UK has some semblance of the reasons for fan segregation, mainly pertaining to safety.  Decades of hooligan violence will do that.

None of that reasoning is going to fly here.  Your average blue haired activist with 5 cats isn't going to listen to that.

• Admin unpinned this topic