World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

Where would be the best place to sell tickets for this upcoming game. I got stuck with 5 tickets and Stubhub does not seem like a great option.

I have 5 tickets in section 206, row 9 , seats 1-5. I put it on stubhub to try and recoup the amount I paid, $384.50

However, to get that much after fees, etc, stubhub has them listed for 114 including taxes. No one will pay that price for them :(

50 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Best thing that could happen in terms of more media attention and even ticket sales for the Canadian national team as they continue to qualify for the World Cup is the Jays not making the playoffs. As you can see a very good day for me , couldn’t give two shits about the Jays bye bye !

Do not think it would have any real effect on ticket sales. Blue Jays baseball is such a different dynamic in this city. You can blame TFC crapping the bed more on interest in this game more than that. We saw the 15K sell quick, its getting from that to the 22K now allowed that is becoming the challenge. The price point will also be an issue for the casual person just looking for a fun, night out. All the cheap seats are gone. 

12 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Do not think it would have any real effect on ticket sales. Blue Jays baseball is such a different dynamic in this city. You can blame TFC crapping the bed more on interest in this game more than that. We saw the 15K sell quick, its getting from that to the 22K now allowed that is becoming the challenge. The price point will also be an issue for the casual person just looking for a fun, night out. All the cheap seats are gone. 

Come on it will put a bit more eyeballs and media attention on the Canadian national team , if the Jays had made it media attention would mainly go to the Jays , it would have been too bad that Canada finally makes the final round only to be an afterthought in mainstream media because of the Jays . Every little thing helps and the Jays being out will help with a few more casuals paying attention which is always a good thing .

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There are still some south end tickets left for Voyageurs paid members.  If anyone still needs any, please post in the Ticket Exchange over there and we will sort you out.  
PS. These are the cheapest tickets in the stadium and likely the most raucous.

That is great to here , lets fill the south end up, it will turn up the noise even more. Everyone still looking to get tickets get them and enjoy what will be special night. 

10 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Come on it will put a bit more eyeballs and media attention on the Canadian national team , if the Jays had made it media attention would mainly go to the Jays , it would have been too bad that Canada finally makes the final round only to be an afterthought in mainstream media because of the Jays . Every little thing helps and the Jays being out will help with a few more casuals paying attention which is always a good thing .

Media coverage in this city for soccer in Toronto is few and far between, The Star barely covers TFC anymore and coverage by the Sun has dramatically changed for the worse since Kurt left. I just do not think the Jays changes things all that much. Phonzie and Jonathan are exciting to watch, that is what will sell this game. 

7 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Media coverage in this city for soccer in Toronto is few and far between, The Star barely covers TFC anymore and coverage by the Sun has dramatically changed for the worse since Kurt left. I just do not think the Jays changes things all that much. Phonzie and Jonathan are exciting to watch, that is what will sell this game. 

You don’t seem to get it but I’m not going to keep arguing with you, I’ll leave it at this, if the Jays played the same night and won a playoff game or even lost and Canada played the same night and won . It would be Jays Jays and more Jays then leafs if they are playing and then maybe Canada . Now with the Jays out at least that’s eliminated and maybe Canada gets second billing . But anyways my condolences for your Jays loss maybe next year !

Edited by SoccMan

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

You don’t seem to get it but I’m not going to keep arguing with you, I’ll leave it at this, if the Jays played the same night and won a playoff game or even lost and Canada played the same night and won . It would be Jays Jays and more Jays then leafs if they are playing and then maybe Canada . Now with the Jays out at least that’s eliminated and maybe Canada gets second billing . But anyways my condolences for your Jays loss maybe next year !

I totally get it , the Canada was never not going to be covered. I think media exposure and ticket sales do help each other but people have to decide on their own if spending $60 is worth it for them, because that is what the cheapest ticket for the general public is right now. This is exciting times for soccer in this country. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

I totally get it , the Canada was never not going to be covered. I think media exposure and ticket sales do help each other but people have to decide on their own if spending $60 is worth it for them, because that is what the cheapest ticket for the general public is right now. This is exciting times for soccer in this country. 

Look I’ll I care about right now in sports is Canada qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar that’s it no other sport matters right now , I’m getting old and time is running out so have no time for any other sports . Go Canada go!

20 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Look I’ll I care about right now in sports is Canada qualifying for the World Cup in Qatar that’s it no other sport matters right now , I’m getting old and time is running out so have no time for any other sports . Go Canada go!

I agree with your take that it helps for sure with the Jays not making it.  Sportsnet being the carrier now for soccer and already the Blue Jays, well we know where their focus would be.  The Blue Jays in the playoffs is a ratings bonanza for Rogers.

I think for the most part, the game against Mexico will be the biggest deal for tickets/attention for the passer by type fan.  If we get a result there or at least make it a close game like the gold cup, not to mention getting something in Jamaica, that will go a long way for the casual soccer fan, hell even for non fans to really start to pay attention to the team moving forward it will be important. Too bad the game in Mexico starts at 9:40 EST. The Jamaica start time stinks though too.  6:00 EST on thanksgiving Sunday.  How many people are just sitting down for dinner on that one?  

Edited by EJsens1

12 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I agree with your take that it helps for sure with the Jays not making it.  Sportsnet being the carrier now for soccer and already the Blue Jays, well we know where their focus would be.  The Blue Jays in the playoffs is a ratings bonanza for Rogers.

I think for the most part, the game against Mexico will be the biggest deal for tickets/attention for the passer by type fan.  If we get a result there or at least make it a close game like the gold cup, not to mention getting something in Jamaica, that will go a long way for the casual soccer fan, hell even for non fans to really start to pay attention to the team moving forward it will be important. Too bad the game in Mexico starts at 9:40 EST. The Jamaica start time stinks though too.  6:00 EST on thanksgiving Sunday.  How many people are just sitting down for dinner on that one?  

Sportsnet is still putting MLB playoffs on their main channel. Canada MNT first 2 matches this round will be on Sportsnet 360.

They haven't officially announced where the Panama game will be shown yet.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:16 PM, Cblake said:

As of now, all $30 seats are sold out...but there are plenty of seats at $57 ... over 150 seats

But yes selling $75 and $92 seats are gonna be tough sell especially at cold weather.

On 10/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, SoccMan said:

Doesn't help that on the same night will be Leafs Season Opener vs Montreal Habs.

45 minutes ago, Floortom said:

There are around 1,500 tickets left. With one week left that’s pretty damn good and I would expect this sells out (or comes very close to it).

A good result in either Mexico or Jamaica and this sells out easily. Game day sales alone would be close to selling this out if the game were  this Thursday. 

Edited by king1010

2 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

As of now, all $30 seats are sold out...but there are plenty of seats at $57 ... over 150 seats

But yes selling $75 and $92 seats are gonna be tough sell especially at cold weather.

The more expensive seats will be bought by those that want to go and have good seats but had to wait to figure out there busy schedules. The casual person who was thinking of buying a $30 and waited too long, likely will not step up for a ticket that expensive. 

7 hours ago, Floortom said:

There are around 1,500 tickets left. With one week left that’s pretty damn good and I would expect this sells out (or comes very close to it).

It will certainly sell out, especially with a big showing this week with both games on Sportsnet. People will want to go. Thanks again to the Vs Braintrust for everything they have done to get us all in the stands. 

1 minute ago, Yoginess said:

Bit of an aside but I'm looking for information on Proof of Vaccination. I have the digital BC Proof of Vaccination but I can't find any information if this will be sufficient to enter the stadium. Does anyone have any insights here? 

Should be fine. I just have a scanned copy of my proof of vaccination (done in the States) and I have had no problems anywhere in Ontario.

20 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Bit of an aside but I'm looking for information on Proof of Vaccination. I have the digital BC Proof of Vaccination but I can't find any information if this will be sufficient to enter the stadium. Does anyone have any insights here? 

I used the BC one to enter the stadium for a TFC game.

25 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Ah perfect! 

You will not have any issues. Things have been going pretty smoothly at BMO with the vaccination checks. Its a three stage approach, check your vax record, go through security and then scan you ticket. Had worked quite well. 

• Admin unpinned this topic