World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

Ticket sales have been extremely slow since capacity was increased. Some of the sections look like they haven't moved at all. I'm sure we'll see more activity in the week leading up to the match but it seems unlikely that we'll hit 20k+. 

Still, anything north of 16k would be a decent showing imo.

Edited by Floortom

14 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Ticket sales have been extremely slow since capacity was increased. Some of the sections look like they haven't moved at all. I'm sure we'll see more activity in the week leading up to the match but it seems unlikely that we'll hit 20k+. 

I think the casual crowd will only start buying tickets ~ the 7th. Alot also depends on our games against Mexico and Jamaica. 

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

I think we’re fine. Hundreds of additional $30 tickets that were released sold out. Couple dozen are still moving per hour. 

We still have 4 big bumps of ticket sales to come:

1. Roster release

2. Mexico Game

3. Jamaica Game

4. Game day sales. 

We’re at an advantage this window as the game is at the back end of the window. We’ll get very close to selling out if not an outright sellout. 

we’re alrdy at 16k sales. The original 15k allocation was basically sold out as of the weekend. 

Edited by king1010

4 hours ago, king1010 said:

I think we’re fine. Hundreds of additional $30 tickets that were released sold out. Couple dozen are still moving per hour. 

1. Roster release

2. Mexico Game

3. Jamaica Game

4. Game day sales. 

We’re at an advantage this window as the game is at the back end of the window. We’ll get very close to selling out if not an outright sellout. 

we’re alrdy at 16k sales. The original 15k allocation was basically sold out as of the weekend. 

Yeah, not worried at all.

We are about to sell 500 more and they will likely go today.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Yeah, not worried at all.

We are about to sell 500 more and they will likely go today.

So what is the entire southend, 3,000 seats? So they did not allocated all of it to them expanded capacity? Guess there is some give and take there as are some more expensive sections where they could easily sell tickets?

7 hours ago, king1010 said:

1. Roster release

2. Mexico Game

3. Jamaica Game

4. Game day sales. 

I think it will at least get to 20K and very likely closer to the 22K capacity that is being allowed for this match. 

16 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Ive only seen reports of 20k and 21k capacity, not 22k. Probably going 75% of actual seats, not standing room capacity. 

Standing room capacity is about 30K, which TFC has had for some games over the year. The initial 15K allowed was 50% of something, which makes you think it was based on 30K, but I am not exactly sure how many seats are in the BMO.?

10 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Standing room capacity is about 30K, which TFC has had for some games over the year. The initial 15K allowed was 50% of something, which makes you think it was based on 30K, but I am not exactly sure how many seats are in the BMO.?

I think it was 50% or 15K.  So if it was 80K it would still have been 15K.  BMO just happens to be 30K for soccer. 

On 9/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, king1010 said:

Conflicting info

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2021/09/24/the-blue-jays-will-get-a-crowd-boost-just-in-time-for-final-playoff-push.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=Sports&utm_content=bluejayscrowd&utm_source=twitter&source=torontostar&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=&utm_campaign_id=&utm_content=

BMO Field, the outdoor home of Toronto FC (now on the road) and the Toronto Argonauts (who hosted the Montreal Alouettes on Friday night under the old limit), will have a crowd limit of 20,000.

https://www.tsn.ca/ontario-increases-capacity-for-sporting-events-ahead-baseball-playoffs-nhl-season-1.1697810

Toronto FC said capacity for their games at BMO Field will rise from 15,000 to 21,000,

Just bumping this. Think theyre going by actual seats, not standing room capacity of 30k. 

25 minutes ago, RS said:

Yep. Jays also had a 15K cap at the Rogers Centre (until this week).

Yep, they are allowed to sell up to 30K now, not sure any of them will , with it being such a short time frame to sell tickets but Thursday night vs. the Yankees will be the one most likely at this point to get close to that. I certainly believe Canada Panama will get over 20K and be at or close to the 22K or so ceiling thats being allowed. 

I thought that Stadiums were still capped at 75% capacity. So 22,500 for BMO, About 37,000 for Skydome.

Certainly looking at the map of available play-off tickets at Skydome, they aren't selling the whole thing - and much of the upper deck remains empty.

Edit - Neil Davidson says 21,000 limited at BMO.  Perhaps capacity currently at BMO is 28,000. 

Edited by nfitz

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I thought that Stadiums were still capped at 75% capacity. So 22,500 for BMO, About 37,000 for Skydome.

Certainly looking at the map of available play-off tickets at Skydome, they aren't selling the whole thing - and much of the upper deck remains empty.

Edit - Neil Davidson says 21,000 limited at BMO.  Perhaps capacity currently at BMO is 28,000. 

Yeah I believe BMO is about 28k seats, the extra 2K comes from standing room, north patio etc. The additional 7,000 or so seats must come from that, 75% of the 28,000 seats. 

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Maybe thats the extra 1000 when we saw conflicting reports between 20K and 21K capacity.

That certainly could be the case and the make sense based on the difference in capacity we have seen reported. Looking forward to the place being as packed as much as it can be. 

• Admin unpinned this topic