World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

12 minutes ago, Cblake said:

You will not have any issues. Things have been going pretty smoothly at BMO with the vaccination checks. Its a three stage approach, check your vax record, go through security and then scan you ticket. Had worked quite well. 

It has worked well with a few thousand people in the stadium. I am wondering how that will work with 22K

Considering people were lined up 20 minutes into the game last time with no such checks.

7 minutes ago, admin said:

It has worked well with a few thousand people in the stadium. I am wondering how that will work with 22K

Considering people were lined up 20 minutes into the game last time with no such checks.

That makes total sense, this will be the biggest crowd BMO will have had so with that in mind, avoid entering from the northeast corner, that is where it does bottleneck due to everyone getting off the Go Train, street cars etc. Pretty sure they will have more staff this time around. Also went to a few Blue Jays games with crowds of upwards to 30K and it worked pretty well, they had same three stage approach, Vax check, security, scan your ticket. 

Edited by Cblake

I think Blue Jays might work a bit better as well because they have 12 different gates with 5+ lanes per gate. BMO is not nearly as efficient and during the ES match we were stood waiting for a decent amount of time. I'd plan on leaving plenty of time to spare a) to get in on time and b) so the stadium isn't almost empty when the anthems are played

1 minute ago, RS said:

They've done it before, though. TFC, not Canada Soccer.

For a special?  Is that in the stadium or outside in the concourse area that is technically not the stadium? (like between the food building and stadium)

2 minutes ago, admin said:

For a special?  Is that in the stadium or outside in the concourse area that is technically not the stadium? (like between the food building and stadium)

It was on the north side, for sure. Can't remember if it was in the end zone itself or in that space between the stadium and food building, but the latter would make sense for getting around liquor laws.

It was also during the height of TFC's championship run so it's not like they even needed to entice people into the stadium.

13 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

CSA should seriously consider this.  Instead of having us spend our money at the bars we could all help add to the coffers by spending our hard earned dollars on CSA beer pre game.  Set up a tailgate outside if they don’t get anything from the concessions. 

Setting up a tailgate is a shitty thing to do to the local businesses.

But opening the concourse a bit early and putting on a beer special isn't a bad idea business wise.  Could help with bottlenecking.

Sorry I am not a local business owner so I don’t think in terms of that. I do want to raise whatever funds we can for Canada because that is the reason most speculate is why we do so very little with youth teams and the like.  Also typically in the past we have played only a couple games at BMO a year so I would doubt any of the local establishments depend on the CMNTfor their business model.

14 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

But opening the concourse a bit early and putting on a beer special isn't a bad idea business wise.  Could help with bottlenecking.

I have knocked on the doors every place in Liberty. The current situation is not conducive to hosting a massive crowd of people to pile through a place in a short window. 

Tailgate would be good in this case, however, the tailgate limit for an official tailgate is currently 100. 

If we do an unofficial tailgate, and get numbers we will get busted.   

1 minute ago, admin said:

I have knocked on the doors every place in Liberty. The current situation is not conducive to hosting a massive crowd of people to pile through a place in a short window. 

Tailgate would be good in this case, however, the tailgate limit for an official tailgate is currently 100. 

If we do an unofficial tailgate, and get numbers we will get busted.   

I hear ya.  It's too bad you've been unable to find a business that would be accommodating of the supporters group pre match.

Who would have thought losing a Shoeless Joes would ever have an affect.  They were always so welcoming to the soccer crowds there.

12 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Sorry I am not a local business owner so I don’t think in terms of that. I do want to raise whatever funds we can for Canada because that is the reason most speculate is why we do so very little with youth teams and the like.  Also typically in the past we have played only a couple games at BMO a year so I would doubt any of the local establishments depend on the CMNTfor their business model.

This is one of the problems people don't get (the value they think we have), even for regular games at the club level.   Pissing off a bars regulars is not worth what ever you cash in on for 15 nights a year with club games, let alone  1 or 2 games a year with us. 

People kept asking why we kept going back to Joes on King.   Because they were good to us and went out of their way when we only had 50 people show up... so they got the gigs when we had 500.

27 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

The local businesses won't hurt from a tailgate party, believe me. The local bars are in Liberty Village and with bars closed, limited capacity for those still open and the locals there simply is not enough room. If you show up at 6 for a 8 pm kickoff you'll be lucky to get inside and have one drink before it's time to go to the stadium.

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Two dozen tickets left. This is gunna sell out by morning. Couple hundred moved during tonights game. 

Where do I go to get a pair? I'm only seeing $57+ ones on Ticketmaster.

Edited by Lennon

3 minutes ago, Lennon said:

Where do I go to get a pair? I'm one seeing $57+ ones on Ticketmaster.

Only two regular seats left on TM, up in section 207, row 23, seats 12 and 13 to be exact. There is also a row of accessible  seats at $75 a pop in the upper deck too, which at this point are pretty much available to anyone. Plus whatever the Vs have at the point. To simply put this game will sell out. 

• Admin unpinned this topic