World Cup Qualifying - Tickets - Canada vs Panama - BMO Field - Oct. 13th

Admin

48 minutes ago, red card said:

There is now near 500 tickets on stubhub. The obvious flippers are the ones selling 1-9 tickets. Looks like less than 10 from supporters section. 

But with capacity increased, they'll need to temper their expectations especially the 100 or so tickets asking for >$300 each.

That’s certainly a higher percentage of those sold (around 4% by the looks of it). 

Happy to see there’s only been a total of 7 listed in the south end (in two separate listings one of which is gone). That’s encouraging. 

17 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think it's cool to see how this page is converting people into fans. Would be fun to see how many people is everyone bringing, so thought I'd try something. Just quote how many you're bringing alone

I've got 7 in the South End and another 6 (families with young kids) in the 200s.

Bringing 5 from Winnipeg

10 minutes ago, king1010 said:

looks like they've released the entire lower bowl and a lot of the upper bowl. looks almost like more than 75% capacity

https://ottawasun.com/news/provincial/ontario-to-allow-bigger-crowds-at-sporting-events/wcm/a96908ea-fd9a-4332-92f5-38d85cfa4807/amp/

Is there a chance that they don't increase the V's section because we are standing?

Neil Davidson is reporting that TFC's max is 21 000 instead if the previous 15 000.

21 000 = 70%

vs

22 500 = 75%

venues where patrons stand will see the limits hiked to 75% capacity or 15,000 people, whichever is less.

“For certain outdoor event venues where patrons are seated, capacity limits will be increased to up to 75% capacity or 30,000 people, whichever is less,” the Doug Ford government said in its statement.

Conflicting info

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluejays/2021/09/24/the-blue-jays-will-get-a-crowd-boost-just-in-time-for-final-playoff-push.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=Sports&utm_content=bluejayscrowd&utm_source=twitter&source=torontostar&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=&utm_campaign_id=&utm_content=

BMO Field, the outdoor home of Toronto FC (now on the road) and the Toronto Argonauts (who hosted the Montreal Alouettes on Friday night under the old limit), will have a crowd limit of 20,000.

https://www.tsn.ca/ontario-increases-capacity-for-sporting-events-ahead-baseball-playoffs-nhl-season-1.1697810

Toronto FC said capacity for their games at BMO Field will rise from 15,000 to 21,000,

Edited by king1010

15 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://ottawasun.com/news/provincial/ontario-to-allow-bigger-crowds-at-sporting-events/wcm/a96908ea-fd9a-4332-92f5-38d85cfa4807/amp/

Is there a chance that they don't increase the V's section because we are standing?

Neil Davidson is reporting that TFC's max is 21 000 instead if the previous 15 000.

21 000 = 70%

vs

22 500 = 75%

venues where patrons stand will see the limits hiked to 75% capacity or 15,000 people, whichever is less.

“For certain outdoor event venues where patrons are seated, capacity limits will be increased to up to 75% capacity or 30,000 people, whichever is less,” the Doug Ford government said in its statement.

I think it depends on what is officially considered the capacity of BMO Field, in the past the 30K would include standing room ie the north patio etc. Maybe they are going with 75% of what it actually seats. 

36 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Looks like more tickets released on Ticketmaster. 

It certainly has, lots in 111 as of now if people are looking. It is essentially a supporters section and it is a standing section. Will be great to get more people in. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We are in regular contact with Canada Soccer but unlikely anything will move on this til early next week.  There should be additional places in the south end available but don’t know how many yet.  Please be patient.

Thanks for all the effort on this. I am sure there is a lot of things to consider when deciding how much of the newly expanded capacity is given to the southend, especially when there are more expensive tickets in other parts of the stadium that would just as easily be sold. 

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Does anyone have an accurate handle on how many were released? 

X number of sections? 

in the lower bowl:

119, 121, 122, 111, 108, 107, 106. 

108, 107 and 106 has lots of seats available, looks like the even numbered rows were just released. 

111 is the only section with the same pricing as the southend. 

Edited by Cblake

29 minutes ago, admin said:

Does anyone have an accurate handle on how many were released? 

X number of sections? 

I did a quick count. It’s around 4000 tickets. There may have been rows that totally sold out that I didn’t count, but there won’t be many. 

(4000 that have been newly released I mean. I counted full rows in sections where new tickets had been released)

Edited by rob.notenboom

28 minutes ago, Cblake said:

in the lower bowl:

119, 121, 122, 111, 108, 107, 106. 

108, 107 and 106 has lots of seats available, looks like the even numbered rows were just released. 

111 is the only section with the same pricing as the southend. 

219 is same pricing as well. 

EDIT: nvm. You were referencing lower bowl only. 

Edited by king1010

8 minutes ago, RS said:

219 sold out yesterday, too.

It was the east side I was thinking about, just crossed things up in my mind. It looks like 111 has seen a lot of tickets already bought since more were recently added. It is great to see that TFC's bad season has not damaged ticket sales for this game, interest is really high. 

• Admin unpinned this topic