Jules-Anthony Vilsaint

bwilly11

https://x.com/noelpbutler/status/1693654880651452580?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q
how exaggerated is this? I caught some of the game last night and I saw him play live a few weeks back and he looks awesome, but to this extent, this early? 

I wonder how much of this is based off of how unlucky Montreal has been in getting a striker who can score aside from Quioto. Excited for his progress nonetheless. Also not really worried about other countries calling him. Herdman should take notice of him pretty quickly just like he took notice of Kone not too long after he came out and shocked everyone. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

https://x.com/noelpbutler/status/1693654880651452580?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q
how exaggerated is this? I caught some of the game last night and I saw him play live a few weeks back and he looks awesome, but to this extent, this early? 

More inaccurate than exaggerated (and it would definitely exaggerated).

Vilsaint was never in the Impact academy.

56 minutes ago, RS said:

More inaccurate than exaggerated (and it would definitely exaggerated).

Vilsaint was never in the Impact academy.

Yeah, he later tweeted a correction but said his point still stands, he thinks he might be the best player Montreal has ever had. Feels premature to say the least, but he looks pretty good, that's for sure.

39 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah, he later tweeted a correction but said his point still stands, he thinks he might be the best player Montreal has ever had. Feels premature to say the least, but he looks pretty good, that's for sure.

Ever had? Like better than Drogba, Nesta, Di Vaio or Piatti?

Or better than the locals we ever had? Like Bernier, Koné, Crépeau, Piette, Choinière, Sirois? It’s a long long run. I wish him (us) the best but, atm, he’s an injured striker with 0 goal in his pro career.

Ffs back in the days we were going crazy after Anthony Jackson-Hamel. Noel’s tweet is air.

Edited by MauditYvon

He was embarrassing TFCs defenders, if you can call them that. But best ever? Easy now. Marinaro responded and listed his history...

1 hour ago, MauditYvon said:

Ever had? Like better than Drogba, Nesta, Di Vaio or Piatti?

Or better than the locals we ever had? Like Bernier, Koné, Crépeau, Piette, Choinière, Sirois? It’s a long long run. I wish him (us) the best but, atm, he’s an injured striker with 0 goal in his pro career.

Ffs back in the days we were going crazy after Anthony Jackson-Hamel. Noel’s tweet is air.

For argument sake, lets say he meant the best academy prospect ever. Who would he have to beat out? 
Is Kone currently the best academy kid ever? 

If you consider everything.. TFCs academy has to be the biggest let down in Canadian soccer. I mean just think about it for a second. I'm not trying to just troll and be a hater. Just analyze everything stacked in their favor and then measure that over the last What? 15 + years. A bit of an air ball

Maybe I'm missing some people but I'll give them Jayden Nelson. Can't really think of anybody else

Edited by SpursFlu

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

If you consider everything.. TFCs academy has to be the biggest let down in Canadian soccer. I mean just think about it for a second. I'm not trying to just troll and be a hater. Just analyze everything stacked in their favor and then measure that over the last What? 15 + years. A bit of an air ball

Maybe I'm missing some people but I'll give them Jayden Nelson. Can't really think of anybody else

Not disagreeing if you look at resources vs output but guys theyve had a hand in development with:
1. oso
2. laryea
3. nelson
4. petrasso
5. franklin
6. Mcnaughton
7. Shaf
8. JMR
9. Stefanovic
10. Corbeanu...kind of 
11. Akinola
12. Kerr

Lots of unproven guys and lots that have developed elsewhere.  But theres been the TFC fingerprints around alot of players. 

39 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Not disagreeing if you look at resources vs output but guys theyve had a hand in development with:
1. oso
2. laryea
3. nelson
4. petrasso
5. franklin
6. Mcnaughton
7. Shaf
8. JMR
9. Stefanovic
10. Corbeanu...kind of 
11. Akinola
12. Kerr

Lots of unproven guys and lots that have developed elsewhere.  But theres been the TFC fingerprints around alot of players. 

a few of those are questionable but you can add Henry, Priso and Fraser.

2 hours ago, Bigandy said:

1. oso
2. laryea
3. nelson
4. petrasso
5. franklin
6. Mcnaughton
7. Shaf
8. JMR
9. Stefanovic
10. Corbeanu...kind of 
11. Akinola
12. Kerr

I'll give you a few of those players. I don't know about Oso and Laryea. Kinda don't count. Fraser not bad also. I think its a meh overall. I'm sure most would agree. 

I think Nelson will end up being g the break out player. 

And excited to hear about Vilsaint turning heads.

49 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'll give you a few of those players. I don't know about Oso and Laryea. Kinda don't count. Fraser not bad also. I think its a meh overall. I'm sure most would agree. 

I think Nelson will end up being g the break out player. 

And excited to hear about Vilsaint turning heads.

Laryea became Laryea at TFC...remember his first call ups came as a result of his move.

Osorio where else did he play? TFC gave him his first pro start.

3 hours ago, Bigandy said:

1. oso
2. laryea
3. nelson
4. petrasso
5. franklin
6. Mcnaughton
7. Shaf
8. JMR
9. Stefanovic
10. Corbeanu...kind of 
11. Akinola
12. Kerr

Oso yes hell yes 

Laryea they made him and saved his career and Vanney gave him a chance and made Orlando look dumb, crazy to think Laryea was actually developed as a 10..

Nelson yes

petrasso yes

Franklin looking good so far 

mcnaughton they gave some chances but I don’t think full credit is due 

shaf tricky but yes 

jmr no, they’ve hindered him 

lazar way too early 

Theo hmmm not so much 

akinola yes

kerr yeah

add Fraser who has said they did a lot for him in the academy 

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

he's hardly played all year... some fans😅

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

Any update on the injury?

Not to quote myself but I did watch some of the game just now and it didn't look like much on the replays, he jumped up for a cross and landed between two TFC players rather mildly but than fell down clutching his left calf, probably just a pull or small strain.

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Oso yes hell yes 

Laryea they made him and saved his career and Vanney gave him a chance and made Orlando look dumb, crazy to think Laryea was actually developed as a 10..

Nelson yes

petrasso yes

Franklin looking good so far 

mcnaughton they gave some chances but I don’t think full credit is due 

shaf tricky but yes 

jmr no, they’ve hindered him 

lazar way too early 

Theo hmmm not so much 

akinola yes

kerr yeah

add Fraser who has said they did a lot for him in the academy 

Of all these names, the only ones who may have improved / progressed over their outlook while they were at TFC are Laryea and Osorio.  Franklin is doing great but Dunfield seems to be getting in on the action of hindering youth progress by not starting him the past two matches.  I wouldn't even say Nelson has gone past his expectations, as he was being hyped almost as much as JMR.

So of all the talent that has passed through TFC we have maybe 2 wins a couple ties.  What a disaster.

11 hours ago, Footyeh said:

he's hardly played all year... some fans😅

I think a lot of it comes down to just how terrible Offor has been. Looks like a player who should be a world beater, but his xG is probably like -1000. Been to like 7 or 8 games this year and I feel like I've watched him miss at least one or two easy ones every game.

Habs can barely win games let alone ice local players, and here comes CF Montreal drawing half the starting lineup from the province and staying competitive. Really encouraging, especially when you consider that some of these players are really good too.

Does this say more about Quebec developing young players or just the case when one team is properly tapping into a region of 8-9M people? 

Because if its the latter just imagine what TFC could be doing.