Mo Farsi

Reign

It's just 2 games but if Farsi is behind Gressel perhaps it's not a big loss for him to not play for us. I mean, being a backup to a player like Gressel is probably still good enough to be part of the wider Canadian pool, but it doesn't bode well for winning a lot of caps for Canada or Algeria. ZBG is similarly behind Herrera and likewise his Canada caps have been few and far between. 

35 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It's just 2 games but if Farsi is behind Gressel perhaps it's not a big loss for him to not play for us. I mean, being a backup to a player like Gressel is probably still good enough to be part of the wider Canadian pool, but it doesn't bode well for winning a lot of caps for Canada or Algeria. ZBG is similarly behind Herrera and likewise his Canada caps have been few and far between. 

Let’s be honest, Farsi isn’t a game breaker for us.  Would it be nice to have him deepen our player pool?  Sure.   But he isn’t someone I am pining over and if he opts to go elsewhere then I won’t pay much attention.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

44 minutes ago, costarg said:
22 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Crazy, he was playing well too

Some might say really well too.  Is it maybe time to consider maybe there is an attitude issue?  Cause even Montreal letting him go so quickly was strange.

Did he play for Montreal? This is what his Wiki says.

Played for Blainville in the PLSQ and came up through the local youth system before that. 

chrome_screenshot_1692714470825.png

4 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Did he play for Montreal? This is what his Wiki says.

Played for Blainville in the PLSQ and came up through the local youth system before that. 

chrome_screenshot_1692714470825.png

Good point, I never really got the full story there.  Wasn't he scouted and signed or something at some point?  Or I'm totally off here?  The Cavalry stint wasn't a loan?

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Good point, I never really got the full story there.  Wasn't he scouted and signed or something at some point?  Or I'm totally off here?  The Cavalry stint wasn't a loan?

Not sure. Found this old TransferMarkt article talking about his departure from Cavalry. Maybe you're getting mixed up with Yao?

It's Yao they mention as being on loan, and interestingly, they point out Yao was one of the most valuable Canadian CBs at the time:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/mo-farsi-set-to-leave-cavalry-fc-u23-canmnt-has-offers-from-europe-amp-mls/view/news/395753

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

80% of the team that Algeria started in their 0-1 win over Senegal yesterday were players in top 5 leagues including Ligue 1, La Liga, Bundesliga and EPL. Their right back is 27 and has played the last 6 seasons with Nice and prior in Belgium top tier. He's also been with Algeria since he was a teen. 

Potential competition at RB: 

Atal - Nice (27)
Mandy - Villareal (31) CB who can play RB
Leris - Stoke (25)
van den kerkhof - metz (27)
Loucif - swiss league (27)

Did Farsi get an algeria call up?  I havent seen anything about this?

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2023 at 10:29 AM, Kadenge said:

Has anyone watched Farsi play in the playoffs. If so how has he performed?

He hasn't been very good. The move of Gressel definitely ate up alot of his playing time and confidence. He had played well until the last game during the playoffs and taken back his starting position. But this game was rough until he was subbed

Edited by blueseeka

Farsi had a few rough moments defensively but thought he was bright on the attacking end. He combines well and takes his defender on 1v1. Gressel is a better overall player and his double sub with Ramirez tilted the field for Columbus. I suspect Farsi will start again in MLS cup given the way Nancy likes to play. Gressel is also confirmed to be leaving the Crew which is another reason why Farsi was leaned on more heavily down the stretch.

Not sure he’s more than a depth piece for Canada unless he’s used elsewhere on the field. I feel he’s the beneficiary of a brilliant manager and style of play that is suffocating for the opposition. Reminds me of early era MLS teams going down to Mexico where the pressure mounts and inevitably the doors get blown off.