Aviv Solomon

Jith12

I think this is a great addition and it’s exciting that we are getting players involved and in the player pool. We are creating competition for each position with in the squad and that has not happened in a very long time 

it’s so crazy to think that 5-10 years ago we would be calling for him to start

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Lets not get too crazy...5 years ago we had Dejong coming off some good years in germany, 10-15 years ago we had Brennan and klukowski.  The cupboard wasnt completely bare.

as a LB , sure I agree with you completely . It was more as “a player is playing club minutes , we must cap tie! ” reference then a positional one and we are far removed from unattached FC which is great

• 1 month later...

The Israeli Premier League is back.

He played a full match on June 1st:

https://gh.soccerway.com/matches/2020/06/01/israel/ligat-haal/bnei-yehuda-tel-aviv-fc/hapoel-kfar-saba-fc/3242162/

Then got injured. Something minor it seems.

Didn't play June 6th.

https://gh.soccerway.com/matches/2020/06/06/israel/ligat-haal/hapoel-kfar-saba-fc/hapoel-raanana-fc/3242166/

Likely won't play the next match either but he's doing individual training.

http://one.co.il/Article/360666.html

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A little update on Solomon.

Seems to be one of the better players on a rather poor Hapoel Kfar Saba side.

Earlier this month they were eliminated from the Israeli Cup by a 2nd tier side after he got a red card in the 84th minute.
https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2021/03/16/israel/state-cup/hapoel-kfar-saba-fc/hapoel-afula-fc/3464197/
Without him the team collapsed in overtime.

Like the Scottish Premiership and many other leagues, the Israeli Premier League splits into a bottom half and a top half.
They are currently 13th out of 14 teams and will be fighting to avoid relegation.

Hapoel Be'er Sheva F.C. (the team currently in 5th place) tried to sign him during the January transfer window and offered 400 000 NIS ($150 000 CAD) to Hapoel Kfar Saba.
Hapoel Kfar Saba said they would only let him go for a million shekels ($376 000 CAD) and then lowered their price to 700 000 NIS ($263 000 CAD) but Hapoel Be'er Sheva F.C. declined.
https://www.one.co.il/Article/377477.html

His contract is up at the end of the season so he might move there or to another team on a free transfer in June/July.

As he is playing for one of the weaker teams in the league, it seems that the Israeli National Team still have no interest in him
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_national_football_team

8 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

This guy is 26 years old, plays on a weak team in a weak league at a position we aren't really struggling at. I have 0 interest in calling this guy up.

Actually if Beersheva were interested that's an interesting sign, they've had some good runs in Europa League these last years. 

I wonder if this guy was playing in the Scottish Premiership for a team not called Celtic or Rangers for example would this player have more people on here being ok with the national team giving him a look instead of dismissing him ? People seemed to welcome Wotherspoon who was older when he decided to want to play for Canada , so what’s the problem with this guy . How much better is Scotland’s top league to the Israeli one . You give a guy like Wotherspoon a look then why not this guy? 

I wonder if this guy was playing in the Scottish Premiership for a team not called Celtic or Rangers for example would this player have more people on here being ok with the national team giving him a look instead of dismissing him ? People seemed to welcome Wotherspoon who was older when he decided to want to play for Canada , so what’s the problem with this guy . How much better is Scotland’s top league to the Israeli one . You give a guy like Wotherspoon a look then why not this guy? 

26 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

The Scottish Premier League is better than the Israel Premier League. We have players in the SPL like Harry Paton who we do not call.

Not opposed to him getting a look, but who gets dropped for us to have a look? 

Gold Cup might be the best chance, but Cornelius, Miller and probably Waterman are in season and likely to get called. That leaves one, maybe two spots available between him, Didic, Zator Montgomery and Norman Jr. What about Dunn? What about Romeo? What about Yao? What about Amuz down in Uruguay? 

Can't call everyone and with no friendlies on the horizon, he may not get a chance with us, unfortunately for him.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Gold Cup might be the best chance, but Cornelius, Miller and probably Waterman are in season and likely to get called. That leaves one, maybe two spots available between him, Didic, Zator Montgomery and Norman Jr. What about Dunn? What about Romeo? What about Yao? What about Amuz down in Uruguay? 

Can't call everyone and with no friendlies on the horizon, he may not get a chance with us, unfortunately for him.

Solomon is a LB isn't he? Either way point still stands with Cornelius and Miller able to play there. Davies, Adekugbe, Gutierrez, Bassong, Godinho and Laryea all can be used there.

I have no idea of the standard of the Israeli Premiership. I trust if he is better than or on par with the above we would take a look at him, he hasn't even hit his peak yet.

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Solomon is a FB