Aviv Solomon

Jith12

Not gonna lie, I'm just kind of stoked that we are now in a position where we are arguing whether or not a guy starting for a team in the Israeli Premier League is good enough to play for Canada.  I still remember the days of 15-20 years ago when we had a handful of guys playing in decent leagues otherwise our entire team was made up of guys playing at the level of USL Championship or the lowest level of the English/Scottish leagues.  We are now in a position where we argue which European league is good enough for us to consider players playing there.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:09 PM, devioustrevor said:

Not gonna lie, I'm just kind of stoked that we are now in a position where we are arguing whether or not a guy starting for a team in the Israeli Premier League is good enough to play for Canada.  I still remember the days of 15-20 years ago when we had a handful of guys playing in decent leagues otherwise our entire team was made up of guys playing at the level of USL Championship or the lowest level of the English/Scottish leagues.  We are now in a position where we argue which European league is good enough for us to consider players playing there.

we made it to next level ! hahahaha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has just signed a 2 year deal with Hapoel Tel Aviv pending medical.

Hapoel Tel Aviv finished 11th out of 14 teams this past season

https://www.one.co.il/Article/385913.html

As much as we may have more depth than we did before, we still don't really have true depth.

Adekugbe injured in the last match with Gutiérrez not included in the squad because of injury means that we have started looking at Davies at left back or shifting Laryea from RB to LB.

Assuming he is eligible and wants to play for us, I still think we should include Solomon in our extended 60-man Gold Cup squad at the very least.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Has just signed a 2 year deal with Hapoel Tel Aviv pending medical.

Hapoel Tel Aviv finished 11th out of 14 teams this past season

https://www.one.co.il/Article/385913.html

As much as we may have more depth than we did before, we still don't really have true depth.

Adekugbe injured in the last match with Gutiérrez not included in the squad because of injury means that we have started looking at Davies at left back or shifting Laryea from RB to LB.

Assuming he is eligible and wants to play for us, I still think we should include Solomon in our extended 60-man Gold Cup squad at the very least.

Canucks abroad is reporting he has signed with Hapoel Be’er Sheva

11 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Canucks abroad is reporting he has signed with Hapoel Be’er Sheva

Thanks for that.

Let me double check. I could've made a mistake there, I could swear the article said Tel Aviv but maybe I read the wrong part or it was edited. We will find out soon enough.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I figure if Herdman wants to give the FBs a break (particularly Laryea if it is expected TFC sells in him the summer) then I can see ZBG, Cordova, Gutierrez and Solomon as the FBs we take to the GC, unless Herdman opts for a CPL option if further players are unavailable. Solomon at minimum should be on the 60(?) man prelim roster.

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I figure if Herdman wants to give the FBs a break (particularly Laryea if it is expected TFC sells in him the summer) then I can see ZBG, Cordova, Gutierrez and Solomon as the FBs we take to the GC, unless Herdman opts for a CPL option if further players are unavailable. Solomon at minimum should be on the 60(?) man prelim roster.

Could be Godinho or Bassong....I'm taking Godinho.

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

Could be Godinho or Bassong....I'm taking Godinho.

That's a good shout. Bassong seems to have started to settle and had a good game in their win against Chicago. It sucks that whatever rhythm he had is probably gone because of the break.

He was horribly used at the OLYQ. Don't know what Biello was trying to do.

Godinho is a free agent I wonder if he'll focus on getting a club first.

20 minutes ago, VinceA said:

That's a good shout. Bassong seems to have started to settle and had a good game in their win against Chicago. It sucks that whatever rhythm he had is probably gone because of the break.

He was horribly used at the OLYQ. Don't know what Biello was trying to do.

Godinho is a free agent I wonder if he'll focus on getting a club first.

He played higher up too with Montreal....not the complete same role that he had at the Olympics...but similar. 

I like Bassong but he certainly needs to settle into a position and the MLS. I was a little surprised he wasn't involved at least in the Taxi squad. 

Really want to see Cordova back in the GC squad. He has been doing well by all accounts. I don't mind taking a look at Solomon if they think he has more than what we have. Think its more likely we see younger players or even a CPL-er in if we need an extra LB though. 

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

Has he ever expressed interest in playing for Canada?  I don't recall ever hearing anything specific from him.  

There were reports that he was due to be called in March 2020 when we had the two friendlies with Trinidad and Tobago in Langford.