Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So interestingly enough, it would appear that not only is Mitrovic interested in playing for Canada, but actually wants to play for Canada. The kicker, he was never even contacted for the U23. The source - his father, who is not too happy about that. And really, neither should Canadian Soccer fans.

Yes, it's great that we're going through a bit of a wonder kid generation at the moment. But do we really have the kind of depth to be ignoring someone playing in a 1st division Euro league at that age? 

17 minutes ago, Güerito said:

So interestingly enough, it would appear that not only is Mitrovic interested in playing for Canada, but actually wants to play for Canada. The kicker, he was never even contacted for the U23. The source - his father, who is not too happy about that. And really, neither should Canadian Soccer fans.

Yes, it's great that we're going through a bit of a wonder kid generation at the moment. But do we really have the kind of depth to be ignoring someone playing in a 1st division Euro league at that age? 

This has been clear for a while, he also did very well in an unofficial Serbia U20 camp. I will not be surprised if he suits up in upcoming Serbia youth qualifiers

Just now, Bison44 said:

Wasnt he lined up to go to the Serbia camps just a few months ago??  

He was and I believe he did and honestly I don't blame him. If your second choice country is calling and your first choice isn't, are you going to just sit on your butt if you're Mitrovic? I don't think so.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this kid also cut during the open CPL tryouts? I can understand why the father is disappointed.

Hopefully he gets into our program at some stage. He seems promising.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He was and I believe he did and honestly I don't blame him. If your second choice country is calling and your first choice isn't, are you going to just sit on your butt if you're Mitrovic? I don't think so.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this kid also cut during the open CPL tryouts? I can understand why the father is disappointed.

Hopefully he gets into our program at some stage. He seems promising.

Wasn’t cut, found out Hamilton owned his rights and prevented him from trying out elsewhere in CanPL. Either way he’s in a better sutuation

Edit- sorry initially cut, but his rights were owned

I've seen video on him and have spoken to scouts who track him.  They all agree, simply, he's not good enough for Canada right now.  Radnički Niš can keep him for awhile.  If he improves, maybe.  But I just don't see it.  Assess him yourself.  There are way too many players ahead of him at his age who are eligible for Canada right now.  He was never among the top players in Ontario for his age group while he was here let alone in Canada.  He wouldn't make the top provisional roster for U20s in Canada let alone U23s, and you can forget about the MNT regardless of what his dad thinks, that's just embarrassing. The CPL got it right.