Canada vs Iceland - Jan 15th (Camp Poutine Match #3)

Dare I hve an opinion but not sure the press is working with ricketts and tesho. Think the back two are to slow moving the ball and the two wing backs aren’t getting forward enough. Expect changes in the 2nd half. Might be a good game to see if Borges can unlock the left side as atm there isn’t one... sorry if if I’ve offended just my thoughts. 

Herdman must find a way to get Osorio more involved so he can dictate the game. Too much passing sideways and backwards in general from us. We have to start being brave and playing forward.

Liked what I have seen from Brym. As I expected he'd be the only player trying to take players on the dribble. He's had a bit of success with it.

Very curious to see who Herdman calls to try and change the game. One of Borges or Nelsen I think may be called upon.

Agree with most of the comments above.

Crepeau in no-mans land on the first goal, felt amateurish.

Miller although strong and has decent presence, had a few mental errors. 

Didic was a bright spot for me, calm on the ball, strong, and a presence.

Adekugbe seems fine but still underwhelming. 

Lareya was okay, expecting more from him in the 2nd half.

Brym had flashes of brilliance, exciting addition to the program but still has a lot of work to do before becoming a real footballer imo.

Piette did Piette things, breaking up plays, but still feel like I want more from him going forward.

Oso was Oso, one of the only ways I see us breaking through is a moment from him.

Liam looked pretty solid.

Ricketts a bit invisible.

Tesho should clearly have done better on his chance. 

I'll be shocked if we don't give up a goal trying to play it out of our own end.

El Salvador has to be loving this. We go to the trouble of scheduling 3 friendlies and hardly gain anything on them at all, 0.56 of a ranking point.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Herdman must find a way to get Osorio more involved so he can dictate the game. Too much passing sideways and backwards in general from us. We have to start being brave and playing forward.

Liked what I have seen from Brym. As I expected he'd be the only player trying to take players on the dribble. He's had a bit of success with it.

Very curious to see who Herdman calls to try and change the game. One of Borges or Nelsen I think may be called upon.

Nelsen is a good young player, but he should be glued the bench for this game. Iceland is a totally different animal than Barbadoes. We need to draw/win this game period. We need the points. 

Need some changes for the second half.  Losing 2-0 or more doesn’t cost us any more points so I hope we go for it in the 2nd half.  As s matter of fact we should to steal a hockey term “pull the goalie” and put 8 or 9 guys up to get the tying goal in the last minutes if we haven’t pulled it back.

Just now, BradMack said:

Should be 1-1. Didic put it on a plate for Tesho... I know everyone has been talking Didic up and it’s becoming a theme, but that was an amazing ball right on teshos foot, from half, ten yards away from goal, keeper not far from his line, and completely free from defenders, and absolutely dribbled it wide lol 

That was Fraser not Didic that served it up.

Agree with BradMack,Tesho’s should have been a goal, as should Adekugbes before that — at least a strong effort on goal. Brym’s was a decent opportunity as well and if Osorio had taken a bit more off his chip through it there were two red shirts waiting. 

Edited by shorty